• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Tips+Tricks, favourite element, most catastrophic failure, how do you play?

Your #1 Element? Say why in comments

• Total voters

Tenket

Verified Member
Hi Everyone, just a general discussion. Im interested in what other people like to do with this plugin as well share some tips+tricks i found for various elements.

How do I play??
I like to use this plugin like the minecraft steves suddenly got bending. So it's going mining and building stuff but with the added bonus of bending to make it more interesting. Traveling, mining, fighting, and building become much more interesting when you have the added elements of blowing up your enemies and fighting in particular becomes more interesting. Especially when your friend raiseearths you to get over a 3 block wall and your waterbender friend heals you when you are down. Really captures the series where the gang travel around and wreck stuff. Especially when my friend and i fight together. Hes a waterbender so theres not great synergy but whatever :)

I see a lot of people focus on PvP, and i can respect that but I get too much lag for it to be fun. Australian (non city) internet :'(
I do beat the shit outta my friends every so often when we play. Its way more interesting than fighting mobs for sure. But the focus is on the coop experience.

Favourite Element
Firebending is my favourite element because of the particular utility that fire lends. I enjoy the increased offensive power so i can wipe out mobs as they turn up. It is exciting to fireblast arrows out of the air and the combos are difficult to pull off in a pinch situation but are very rewarding when you do.

Heatcontrol puts me in control around lava and if i wish it all can become obsidian. I like that security.

Fireblast da man.

Tips+Tricks
Some tips for fire would be to take advantage of fireblast, its your most versatile move you have.
-When you are fighting aim at the ground, it will ignite it and mobs walking through will take extra damage on top of more fireblasts
-When mining, use fireblast to ignite the floor ahead and check for dangers. You never need be in the dark again
-Any animal that dies while ignited will drop the cooked variant of their food
-One fireblast kills a chicken and drops cooked meat. Fast food

HeatControl is great too, as you can't ignite yourself when you have the slot selected and if you have uncooked food in your hand when the slot is selected you can shift and you will cook it. Great for team environments or nomad playstyle where they help kill animals and you cook for them. As well as saving fuel to cook it and time setting up a furnace.

FireJet has a lot of upsides.
-Cancels all momentum when activated. You can be 1 block off the ground of a 200 block fall and be fine if you activate it in time.
-Only 5 second cooldown, so you fly point to point and spend the 5sec cooldown repositioning for the next jet. You can travel very far very fast with this method.

Lightining
-If you find a place with lots of pigs, strike them with lightning and turn them to pigmen. You can then kill them and get gold nuggets.
-Lightning spreads its damage over a couple of blocks in water. Use this to your advantage when ink hunting.

Most Catastrophic Failure
I was holding shift to cling to a block while building.
I was looking down when i placed the last block
I released shift to drop down and inspect the redstone
Forgot i bound lightning to that slot.
Lightning strikes down, kills me and incinerates all items.
I respawn 1000+ blocks away

What about you folk?
Whats your experiences?

Sketz

Verified Member
I am a firebender, I am a very good firebender i believe.
I haven't really been bending in a long time because I have no internet.

Element: FIRE
My element is fire, because i am always training with fire.
I do not use fire, because it's powerful or burns people. So i have a better outcome.

My goal is actually to become the best firebender.
This is really hard though, but i'm getting there.

Tips & Tricks:
Fighting in battles can be a bit boring if you're fighting a noob, or you are the noob.
And all you do is spam one move.

The main thing i learned of firebending is you must have right timing.
The timing matters greatly. I know by heart when the blast is ready to be used.
For me, it takes about 3 Seconds to blast with fireblast holding shift.

The next thing to make your firebending better, is getting use to using HeatControl.
Everytime i'm on fire, i go to heatcontrol.

The next thing is, using your defense. If somone launches a large fireblast at you.
And you know it's coming block it. You can launch a small fireblast at the large one.
This makes them collide together, and it don't hit you.

Firejet, very very useful when fighting.
Kinda like an airbender, you don't want to be standing in one spot for a long time.

FireJeting around your target, going behind them, can be very effective.

Fast attacks.
For firebending for me, you want to target your enemey, and destory them.

This would be a very destructive attack, if they don't know you're comming at them.
First i would firejet up to them, using WallOfFire, Then Combustion there feet.
While they're burning. Charge a blast at them, Then try using lightning. They're dead.

There are many comboes you can do with firebending.
Such as:

FireJet + FireBlast:
FireJetting at your target, while holding shift in to the air. Then releasing it onto them.

FireJet + WallOfFire:
FireJet strait at your target, then use Walloffire on them. This requires perfect Timing.

FireBlast + Combustion:
FireBlasting at your target can hurt them, but Fireblasting then combustioning them is very effective.

FireBurst is also very effective, this move can also block Fireblast coming at you, while burning and destracting your target.

That's all for now. :D

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Element: Water
Why? Because I love to be fluid, almost never ofensive, always flowing... Love it!
---
The thing that I most love about water is that it is useful anytime. In the middle of a battle? Torrent. Mining near lava? Octopus Form. Travelling? Surge. Hurted friends? Healing Waters.
---
I consider myself as a not-that-good waterbender, but I try to be xD A tip for all the Waterbenders: let your enemies attack first, then you can see what is your offensive.
---
Full Moon ftw *-*

Tenket

Verified Member
i nu giev my mlgpro tacticks 0n urthbending m8 s0rry
Lol, I don't play PvP anyway, just normal minecraft stuff+ bending. Just on a local server on the same laptop. Sometimes mates join me for LAN play.

I played as earth for ages anyways. I always set the config to NOT reverse earthbending. So I could use it to build and do things like shut off a completely explored branch or a cave and know the thing wouldnt be reversed laters.

I loved how much i was in control, I made a base in a mountain that i entered by earthbending. I dribbled lave over the mountain and turned it to cobblestone so it wouldnt move around when i was manipulating the earth and also made the roof cobblestone so i couldnt accidentially collapse the mountain onto myself

When exploring catapult was killer for filling in a map. And being able to create an earth tent whenever i wanted (earthtrap or something, it was a single shift click) made traveling easy. When mining it was nice to be able to shut tunnels easily with a shift raiseearth, and earthtunnel was cool because i had set the config to not reverse earthbending. However that became nescesary at one point when i collapsed a whole cave system onto myself when i got a jump scare from a creeper. Survived but took 20 min to find by way to the adjoining tunnel

And using extraction, the iron ore was plentiful. This is mainly what i become short on so i enjoyed the surplus.

Tenket

Verified Member
I am a firebender, I am a very good firebender i believe.
I haven't really been bending in a long time because I have no internet.

Element: FIRE
My element is fire, because i am always training with fire.
I do not use fire, because it's powerful or burns people. So i have a better outcome.

My goal is actually to become the best firebender.
This is really hard though, but i'm getting there.

Tips & Tricks:
Fighting in battles can be a bit boring if you're fighting a noob, or you are the noob.
And all you do is spam one move.

The main thing i learned of firebending is you must have right timing.
The timing matters greatly. I know by heart when the blast is ready to be used.
For me, it takes about 3 Seconds to blast with fireblast holding shift.

The next thing to make your firebending better, is getting use to using HeatControl.
Everytime i'm on fire, i go to heatcontrol.

The next thing is, using your defense. If somone launches a large fireblast at you.
And you know it's coming block it. You can launch a small fireblast at the large one.
This makes them collide together, and it don't hit you.

Firejet, very very useful when fighting.
Kinda like an airbender, you don't want to be standing in one spot for a long time.

FireJeting around your target, going behind them, can be very effective.

Fast attacks.
For firebending for me, you want to target your enemey, and destory them.

This would be a very destructive attack, if they don't know you're comming at them.
First i would firejet up to them, using WallOfFire, Then Combustion there feet.
While they're burning. Charge a blast at them, Then try using lightning. They're dead.

There are many comboes you can do with firebending.
Such as:

FireJet + FireBlast:
FireJetting at your target, while holding shift in to the air. Then releasing it onto them.

FireJet + WallOfFire:
FireJet strait at your target, then use Walloffire on them. This requires perfect Timing.

FireBlast + Combustion:
FireBlasting at your target can hurt them, but Fireblasting then combustioning them is very effective.

FireBurst is also very effective, this move can also block Fireblast coming at you, while burning and destracting your target.

That's all for now. :D
Nice man, I found when i fought with fire it was all about layering damage.

For example
-Send out a blaze
-Then ignite the ground under them with fireburst or fireblast
-Send out Fireblasts while they are taking damage from being in fire
-Send out firewheel combo between fireblasts as the 2 attacks can travel at the same time

While thats all happening you just need to stay away from your own fire and their stuff. Fire does all the work for damage.

Sounds like you just play PvP with bending, would that be accurate?

Tenket

Verified Member
Why? Because I love to be fluid, almost never ofensive, always flowing... Love it!
---
The thing that I most love about water is that it is useful anytime. In the middle of a battle? Torrent. Mining near lava? Octopus Form. Travelling? Surge. Hurted friends? Healing Waters.
---
I consider myself as a not-that-good waterbender, but I try to be xD A tip for all the Waterbenders: let your enemies attack first, then you can see what is your offensive.
---
Full Moon ftw *-*
Torrents ability to become a big iceball when you click before it hits the target is an amazing and invaluable skill

I used it to block off tunnels to stop monsters coming through, as well as creating ice to do moves like water spout when there is no water around.

Water is also great because of bottlebending. Earthbenders have it easy when they want sourceblocks but waterbenders have a slightly harder time. But with bottle bending you can shoot out abilities with only half of the process. Namely the proocess of choosing a source.

Waterbenders are at a huge disadvantage in the nether. When in the nether I would take a block of dirt, hoe, and a few stacks of seeds. I could put the seeds down and use them as source for watermanipulation and 2/3 of the time you will have a bit of water that returns and fills a bottle. Using this technique you can have as much water as you need.

Also when falling you can use watershield (it shares a slot with surge) and face it downwards. You will land in water and take no damage, in the nether its great for landing in lava because the shield simultaneously cushions your fall and creates a safe obsidian platform to stand on. You can then use surge at the level of lave to cool long strips of lava and use it to get around.

Lastly
Rock beats scissors
but
water beats enderman.
You can reliably have nothing to fear from these creepypasta cutouts. The end is dramatically easier for you.

Majorite

Verified Member
My favorite element is water for many reasons. Out of minecraft, I love the concept of transforming your defense into offense or vice versa. I thought, also, that the Northern Water Tribe was the best city, and it was the only major city to not be conquer by the fire nation after Ba Sing Se fell. The culture was great as well. Pertaining to the culture, it was creatively described that water benders learned the art from the ocean and moon. I though that was very original and awesome Now, for minecraft, it is good for utility, defense, agility, and offense. In survival, as soon as you grab some bottles of water, you are set. With Surge, you can send back enemies to stay protected. With Torrent, you can create walls of ice which are good for many practical reasons. If you have those bottles, you can basically take no fall damage with either Surge or the WaterWave form of WaterSpout. The fast swim ability gets you to islands quickly without the need of a boat. In PvP, I usually focus on staying near my water in a case of an escape. Also, I try to stay running and throwing some water manips. while I'm doing that. I use torrent for a shield with the ice function. Surge is my main ability to knock enemies away.

Water has one of the most diverse ability group and culture in the bending world; minecraft included.

Sketz

Verified Member
Nice man, I found when i fought with fire it was all about layering damage.

For example
-Send out a blaze
-Then ignite the ground under them with fireburst or fireblast
-Send out Fireblasts while they are taking damage from being in fire
-Send out firewheel combo between fireblasts as the 2 attacks can travel at the same time

While thats all happening you just need to stay away from your own fire and their stuff. Fire does all the work for damage.

Sounds like you just play PvP with bending, would that be accurate?

Very much yeah, I use to bend a lot.
I have no WiFi ATM now though.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Tips and tricks:
--When you have frozen an enemy in a move like frostbreath, use octopusform to hit them multiple times before they thaw out.
--When in a large body of water, use as much mobility as possible, and switch between watermanip and a move that allows fast swim (I suggest waterspout for this becuase it allows you to create more height in a battle).
--You want to be just as good on land as you would in water. Train using the enviornment around you (grass, flowers, leaves, snow)
--Using phasechange on a body of water, bind iceblast to demolish your opponent, as they will not be expecting ice, even as a waterbender.
--Use moves like torrent, surge, or the combo Icewave to freeze your opponent and charge up something else.
--Using surge while in waterspout, create the shield form of it, then look downwards and move over land, and you will be flying using water. (MAGIC)
Most Catastrophic Failure: None so far

Last edited:

guy057

Verified Member
Favorite Element: Air
Why: I myself am a pacifist XD. I believe that if you have speed by your side you are unstoppable. This is because you deal small damage fast and you don't get hit. All that "lacking fatal moves" is a lie. Zaheer literary killed the earth queen in less than a minute by suffocating her. If air werent pacifists and if they were like zaheer they wouldnt almost be extinct today. Zaheer took airbending to a new level with his offensiveness.
Tips: Airblast yourself with the source of air to the direction you want and you will go far and fast.
And if airblast cant reach your destination then use tornado on a wall and u can climb with it all the way up.

Tenket

Verified Member
Tips and tricks:
--When you have frozen an enemy in a move like frostbreath, use octopusform to hit them multiple times before they thaw out.
--When in a large body of water, use as much mobility as possible, and switch between watermanip and a move that allows fast swim (I suggest waterspout for this becuase it allows you to create more height in a battle).
--You want to be just as good on land as you would in water. Train using the enviornment around you (grass, flowers, leaves, snow)
--Using phasechange on a body of water, bind iceblast to demolish your opponent, as they will not be expecting ice, even as a waterbender.
--Use moves like torrent, surge, or the combo Icewave to freeze your opponent and charge up something else.
--Using surge while in waterspout, create the shield form of it, then look downwards and move over land, and you will be flying using water. (MAGIC)
Most Catastrophic Failure: None so far
Neat, ill try the flying one myself later. I found water a bit finiky to use sometimes. You are a god when you are in the water though. Much to my irritation now as a firebender :D

I liked it more than earthbending because you would have to be resourceful when you were bending. But because the source could come from many different places you could alter the positioning of yourself and the enemies and become much more unpredictable.

Apart from healingwaters though, didnt really have the utility i was looking for in my bending. Like even earthbending you can make an earthtent for the night.
Do you have any problems with that?
Or depend on minecraft items for most of that?

Tenket

Verified Member
Favorite Element: Air
Why: I myself am a pacifist XD. I believe that if you have speed by your side you are unstoppable. This is because you deal small damage fast and you don't get hit. All that "lacking fatal moves" is a lie. Zaheer literary killed the earth queen in less than a minute by suffocating her. If air werent pacifists and if they were like zaheer they wouldnt almost be extinct today. Zaheer took airbending to a new level with his offensiveness.
Tips: Airblast yourself with the source of air to the direction you want and you will go far and fast.
And if airblast cant reach your destination then use tornado on a wall and u can climb with it all the way up.
Im pretty sure the passiveness of the air nomads was a reflection of their culture and religion more than the nature of their bending.

They were modelled after monks, but compared to earth, water and the volatile and best element FIRE
You would admit it is the MOST passive.

I liked the airblast tip, i do that myself. The cool thing is you can travel even more effectively than an earthbenders catapult. As you can airblast yourself more horizontal than vertical.
I also like to cool lava with airblast. Took me ages before i realized that could be done.
Lastly i like how you can fly around with tornado if you look a little ahead of your feet. Ultimate freedom ;)

Air is my least used element. I'd be interested to hear what other airbenders have to say about it all.

Kwesi

Verified Member
My element is AIR.
Air is my native element, I used it before any other elements and it has always been my favourite. Air is an element that intrigues me in so many ways. The elements is invisible to the naked eye, possessing limitless finesse and grace, having a natural subtlety which I can only admire. Air can be gentle and soft, it could be merely whispers and yet, can be viscious howl. The element has a mysterious nature to me which I admire and respect, and it always keeps my interest.

In certain ways I feel air is compatible with my personality, especially in the series: air is the element of freedom and my one greatest desire is true freedom (such a deep concept...xD). I like to be subtle but can make my presence known if I wish, like air does.

When applied practically, air is beautiful. You can travel great distance, exploring the nomad way with AirBlast, AirScooter, AirSpout and Tornado. I like to do the occsasional farming, and airbending is great for AirSwiping lots of seeds from the grass and harvesting. My ideal place on Minecraft would be a secluded island with a tower in which to live, a farm on which to thrive and peace to keep me happy. :3 Airbending can be effective got reaching high place to collect wood and ores and for cooling lava to utilise obsidian and assist on mining expeditions.

In PvP, I love the feeling of airbending - ultimate freedom! I can reach incredible speeds, being as evasive as one can be! I can defend against a range of fire attacks and other basic elemental attacks (great against earthbenders that spam EarthBlast). AirBlast is great for blowing out flames on myself and my allies and for using extreme heats against players (I'm talking to you firebenders and lavabenders). I can push and pull my opponents around consistently and effectively (much to their displeasure) to confuse, rebound and cancel various attacks. It's an enjoyable experience as an airbender for me because of the freedom I get. :)

dookoo782

Verified Member
Element: Fire
Tips and tricks:
--Be evasive as possible. (Practice parkour)
--FireJet right next to people and as you're traveling past your opponent use WallOfFire and they'll take a good amount of damage inside the wall.
--Jumpshotting with charged FireBlast works a treat.
--Practice JetBlasting quickly so you can use it instead of FireJet because it's better than FireJet. (Same goes for the other combos)
--Have very quick reactions so you can close to instantly extinguish fire if you get hit and can easily recover when getting thrown into the skies by FireJetting down when close enough to the ground.
Most Catastrophic Failure: Getting too cocky. :p

EDIT: hay kwesi and gold ^_^

Gold

Verified Member
Element: Fire
Tips and tricks:
--Be evasive as possible. (Practice parkour)
--FireJet right next to people and as you're traveling past your opponent use WallOfFire and they'll take a good amount of damage inside the wall.
--Jumpshotting with charged FireBlast works a treat.
--Practice JetBlasting quickly so you can use it instead of FireJet because it's better than FireJet. (Same goes for the other combos)
--Have very quick reactions so you can close to instantly extinguish fire if you get hit and can easily recover when getting thrown into the skies by FireJetting down when close enough to the ground.
Most Catastrophic Failure: Getting too cocky. :p

EDIT: hay kwesi and gold ^_^
Yo

EndersShadows

Verified Member
TIPS AND TRICKS:

Water: Splash water at your enemies
Fire: Spew fire at your enemies
Air: Blow air at your enemies
Earth: Chuck rocks at your enemies

This is 100% reliable and will always work. glhfdd.

owlcool

Verified Member
Favorite Element: Fire.
Tips: You can outclass me into a cliche of something like trolls. But this trick gets the job done against chiblockers. First put up a WallOfFire in the path of said chiblocker. He hopefully will be jumping to avoid attacks. Fireblast said chiblocker while he is in the wall to keep him in the wall and do extra damage. And you gots 1 dead chiblocker now. :) Anyways I try to get strategy's for each element. I found fire has a good offensive version good for combos, and a defensive version that could result in you killing the same chiblocker 30 times in a row and only taking half a heart each time if you take any damage.
Most Catastrophic Failure: Trying to land a firejet to fireblast combo. End up getting myself paralyzed, rapidpunched, and THEN blinded. And luckily for the chi blocker, paralyze stopped the fireblast from exploding in said chiblocker's face. I still won though, so eh. ;)

Tenket

Verified Member
My element is AIR.
Air is my native element, I used it before any other elements and it has always been my favourite. Air is an element that intrigues me in so many ways. The elements is invisible to the naked eye, possessing limitless finesse and grace, having a natural subtlety which I can only admire. Air can be gentle and soft, it could be merely whispers and yet, can be viscious howl. The element has a mysterious nature to me which I admire and respect, and it always keeps my interest.

In certain ways I feel air is compatible with my personality, especially in the series: air is the element of freedom and my one greatest desire is true freedom (such a deep concept...xD). I like to be subtle but can make my presence known if I wish, like air does.

When applied practically, air is beautiful. You can travel great distance, exploring the nomad way with AirBlast, AirScooter, AirSpout and Tornado. I like to do the occsasional farming, and airbending is great for AirSwiping lots of seeds from the grass and harvesting. My ideal place on Minecraft would be a secluded island with a tower in which to live, a farm on which to thrive and peace to keep me happy. :3 Airbending can be effective got reaching high place to collect wood and ores and for cooling lava to utilise obsidian and assist on mining expeditions.

In PvP, I love the feeling of airbending - ultimate freedom! I can reach incredible speeds, being as evasive as one can be! I can defend against a range of fire attacks and other basic elemental attacks (great against earthbenders that spam EarthBlast). AirBlast is great for blowing out flames on myself and my allies and for using extreme heats against players (I'm talking to you firebenders and lavabenders). I can push and pull my opponents around consistently and effectively (much to their displeasure) to confuse, rebound and cancel various attacks. It's an enjoyable experience as an airbender for me because of the freedom I get. :)
Im having more of a go of Air now. Its definitely more mobile and i can fill in my maps a shitload quicker.
Giving people airlifts is really useful, and hilarious in some situations. (Like when friends didnt really expect to suddenly be ~100 blocks up in the air.

Though i find its less potent in PvE combat than fire was. Could be lack of experience

Would rate elements in my opinion as follows
#1 Fire
#2 Earth
#3 Water
#4 Air

Not really enjoying the air experience. Any tips?