• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Tiny details

Sekoshiba

Verified Member
I reckon a few small details could make RPG feel closer to the show, So I've made this thread to post my own as well as give people a place to post their own little details, stuff that isn't the be-all-and-end-all, just tiny changes.

Water:

- Should be able to break ice faster by hand (I know phasechange exists, but this too because details <3 )?
- For a moment after hit should receive a small speed-boost (Push and pull~)?

Earth:

- Should be able to break earthbendables faster by hand (Earthtunnel, yep, I know, but details)?

- After certain moves should receive knockback decreases on attacks that hit them?

- Meteorite bracelets? Or just Iron/gold blocks in inventory alerting when an earthbender can metalbend? (there's supposedly subclasses so this could be useful), maybe lava bucket does the same for lavabenders?

Fire:

- Warm biome bonuses?

- Cold biome penalties?

Air:

- Meat-eating penalties?

- "Meditation" bonuses?

- Spiritual system?

Feedback appreciated and please feel free to discuss your own ideas here ^^

Helios

Verified Member
Maybe you can make it so that firebenders get fire resistance in hot biomes? (Mesas, Deserts, Savannas, Nether?)

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Meteorite bracelets and such have already been suggested and they're not going to be added to the core plugin. If anything, they might find a use in the RPG plugin.

Meat penalties wouldn't be realistic. Despite their vegetarian lifestyle, meat really wouldn't do them much harm.

'Spiritual System' is for the Spirits plugin when it comes out.

The push pull idea for waterbenders is an unorthodox concept that has little to do with actual waterbending. I understand the concept but the way you want it to be implemented isn't organic.

I'm sorry to say that most of these 'little details' would play a particularly large part.

CrystalBender1

Verified Member
I like how a whole spiritual system is a little detail. The only parts i don't like are The not being to eat meat for airbenders (Because katara can go to town on some ribs) and the Bending penalties for fire

owlcool

Verified Member
Meteorite bracelets and such have already been suggested and they're not going to be added to the core plugin. If anything, they might find a use in the RPG plugin.

Meat penalties wouldn't be realistic. Despite their vegetarian lifestyle, meat really wouldn't do them much harm.

The push pull idea for waterbenders is an unorthodox concept that has little to do with actual waterbending. I understand the concept but the way you want it to be implemented isn't organic.

I'm sorry to say that most of these 'little details' would play a particularly large part.
The meat could give them temp nausea, new foods.

Shadow_8472

Verified Member
I like the biome affects, but only if you are on the surface. I could see this idea being expanded to deep access always being considered hot. If it can snow then it is cold.

bossJetthardy

Verified Member

Meat penalties actually is realistic, for the most part airbenders don't eat meat and when they do they should get nausea. This is because when a human eats only plants their bodies get used to a plant based diet. So when they eat meat, it makes them sick. Ask a vegetarian, they'll tell you.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Meat penalties actually is realistic, for the most part airbenders don't eat meat and when they do they should get nausea. This is because when a human eats only plants their bodies get used to a plant based diet. So when they eat meat, it makes them sick. Ask a vegetarian, they'll tell you.
The thing is that meat and as such are the most nutritious foods in minecraft. Until they settle down and make a farm any player would slay an animal and get easy food. Till they implement onion and banana soup the meat penalties are something that in a survival situation would put an airbender into difficulties. I know that they have a lower food decay system and probably this would even it out but this idea in particular is still controversial.

oXSoulX

Verified Member
Why would firebenders have cold biome penalties? They can always
just re-heat themselves with a bit of fire.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Why would firebenders have cold biome penalties? They can always
just re-heat themselves with a bit of fire.
Yea but the thing is that they spend allot of there energy to keep them worm and in some extreme cases alive that that there bending just becomes weaker