• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Thread On Items, Bending Effects Configuration

Do You Use pkItems On Your Server, And What For ?

• ^, In factions / towny worlds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ^, Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Switch

Verified Member
Right,
So I'm guessing that everyone who has played with the pkItems plugins config, knows about the bending effecting points "AirBlastRange" , "LightningChargeTime". So, I would like to personally ask all the devs currently working on the project if they could give a list of all the different bending effects. Granted I will seem a little needs by asking this, but I can't find any info on them, and without this info... the items are kinda rendered useless if we are not able to change them to our liking.

Sorry, Wrong Thread

pkRPG --> pkItems :I

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I rate'd the plugin out of 0.5/1-5. It feels like an unfinished plugin, because its lack of anything and based of other criticisms I have for it:
  • Glider is basically an elytra, you can fly upwards; boosting the air element is essentially "increasing it's blast and range in the config.
  • Cactusjuice - nausea isn't something that interests me in using it or find it someway amusing.
  • Badgermole thingy - nice, but again - it is just shrunken down MaxRadius and Range value in the config file.
  • Waterbubble thingy 2 - ^
Items needs a really huge improvement, because due to how small it is in terms of features that would make me actually appreciate the plugin.

Switch

Verified Member
Ones That I Have Found Atm:

Water:

IceSpikeRange
IceBlastRange
IceBlastDamage
IceSpikePillarRange
IceWaveDamage
SurgeWaveFreezSize
WaterSpoutHeight
WaterSpoutWaveFlightTime
WaterSpoutWaveSpeed
WaterSpoutWaveRadius
OctopusFormRange
OctopusFormDamage
OctopusFormKnockback
OctopusFormRadius
OctopusFormInterval
TorrentDamage
TorrentStreamingDamage
TorrentRange
WaterBubbleRadius

Earth:

EarthSmashFlySpeed
EarthSmashFlyDuration
EarthSmashDamage
EarthTunnelMaxRadius

Fire:

BlazeRange
LigntningChargeTime

Air:

Cant Be Bothered To Do These But you get the idea...

Switch

Verified Member
I rate'd the plugin out of 0.5/1-5. It feels like an unfinished plugin, because its lack of anything and based of other criticisms I have for it:
  • Glider is basically an elytra, you can fly upwards; boosting the air element is essentially "increasing it's blast and range in the config.
  • Cactusjuice - nausea isn't something that interests me in using it or find it someway amusing.
  • Badgermole thingy - nice, but again - it is just shrunken down MaxRadius and Range value in the config file.
  • Waterbubble thingy 2 - ^
Items needs a really huge improvement, because due to how small it is in terms of features that would make me actually appreciate the plugin.
Yep, I get your point but I'm guessing this plugin was generally for RPG servers.

Switch

Verified Member
Pretty nice plugin I would say, But REALLY needs more to it 2/5 in my opinion as it has quite a bit of potential ( mostly low because of the info given about the effects ). Still I'm guessing its mostly up to the user to decide / create what ever they want.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well it's feel like to me. No offense to the creator, but it really is empty. Even some members admitted that sub plugins need a big update. Big update = more downloads.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

BryanPlays

Verified Member
The PkItems stuff should have more to it. There should be a substantial amount of already made items that can be disabled and enabled.

Switch

Verified Member
In my opinion, I do feel that the pkItems plugin is a bit empty and a little unfinished. But, i'm guessing the devs created this plugins to make the users create their own items for the server to their own liking. If there were more things you could add or change then that would be good, but for the moment it's pretty nicely made.

Switch

Verified Member
Possibly adding effects for combos, eg; Speed/range of "AirSuction", or people that create custom moves also adding a feature that allows pkItem users to do the effects of those custom moves.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Just a heads up to everyone saying items is lacking: We completely agree.

There are plans to give items a huge revamp soon but you will have to be patient on this one. It is not a CURRENT priority but it is something we are aware needs a serious revamping. So it will come sometime, and we appologize it won't be soon enough to please you all, but it is going to come. :)

Just thought I should give you guys an update ;)

Switch

Verified Member
Is there a crate/chest reward plugin that i can use, to be able to give the user the items created, or maybe add a feature that does this ?

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If you can find a plugin that does what you want and can run commands when they open them, that should work. Just get the plugin to run /bending items give <item> <player>

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
In my opinion, I do feel that the pkItems plugin is a bit empty and a little unfinished. But, i'm guessing the devs created this plugins to make the users create their own items for the server to their own liking. If there were more things you could add or change then that would be good, but for the moment it's pretty nicely made.
well then - more defaults to it. At least I want them to give it them 13 functional items that adds huge effect.

It's pretty much in comparison with giving first time released pk core that has easily customizable abilities like with this plugin (not suggesting, speculating or supporting this idea myseld), and just giving us only 4 pre-existing abilities. To me that's unacceptable and most people would not download and create abilities if it weren't for its competitive plugin that had more to it.

^^ This is pretty how it is with pk items and its main "competitive" plugin - the core.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Just a heads up to everyone saying items is lacking: We completely agree.

There are plans to give items a huge revamp soon but you will have to be patient on this one. It is not a CURRENT priority but it is something we are aware needs a serious revamping. So it will come sometime, and we appologize it won't be soon enough to please you all, but it is going to come. :)

Just thought I should give you guys an update ;)
Thank you for your informative input. I wish that I could rate this reply that what, but I can't - Using tapatalk as you can by its below left suffix.

Switch

Verified Member
well then - more defaults to it. At least I want them to give it them 13 functional items that adds huge effect.
I'll be happy to make you some defaults,becuase if you have had a close look as the config for pk, and what different things you are able to make when you directly use the config, pkItems opens up a whole new world of the looks and effects of the bending.

http://projectkorra.com/wiki/index.php?title=ProjectKorra_(Items) <--- Scroll To The Bottom Of The Page

It's pretty much in comparison with giving first time released pk core that has easily customizable abilities like with this plugin (not suggesting, speculating or supporting this idea myseld), and just giving us only 4 pre-existing abilities. To me that's unacceptable and most people would not download and create abilities if it weren't for its competitive plugin that had more to it.
Yeah, It gives you some things to work with. But for this you've gotta use your imagination. When you take a closer look at the layout of the items, the plugin and item creation is really simple, by just copying one of the items, you can find out how to pretty much do what ever you want.
Again, if you find it too dificult to use the plugin or to make your own items then ill be happy to make you some def

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
When I say defaults, I mean pk given preseted items. For example, the glider we have right now.

I know you can, do all of that, but I don't want to. This isn't a rant - it's a constructive critism about this plugin and why almost all server I go happens to not include this plugin. This goes to the other two (rpg and probending) plugins as well, because they're surely are lacking of something decend hence why nobody (-- figurative speech) downloads and installed them or keep them installed.