• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

The Official Share Your Items Thread

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This will be the official thread for sharing any items that you design and create. When you go to post your items, please share with us your thought process behind the item, and what the item accomplishes. For example

Code:
Item:
  Name: glider
  DisplayName: <&f>Airbender Staff
  Lore: <&8>A versatile wooden staff used by <&f><&l>Air Nomads<n><&7>Press sneak while falling to glide<n><&7>Improves the knockback of<n><&f>  AirBlast<n><&f>  AirSwipe<n><&f>  AirSuction
  Material: STICK
  ShapedRecipe: WOOL:8, WOOL:8, WOOL:8, AIR, STICK:8, WOOL:8, FEATHER:8, AIR, WOOL:8
  Glow: true
  Stats:
  Charges: 50
  DestroyAfterCharges: true
  IgnoreDestroyMessage: false
  AirGlide: true
  AirBlastForce: 20
  AirSwipeForce: 100
  AirSuctionForce: 20

The glider is one of the most important tools for Airbenders! The strength of Aang and Zaheer's blasts always seemed to be amplified when they were using Airbending staffs, that was why I made it increase the force of AirBlast, AirSwipe, and AirSuction.

Last edited:
V

Vidcom

Earth Hammers!

Code:
Item:
  Name: hammer
  DisplayName: <&2>Earth Hammer
  Lore: <&a>A strong stone hammer used by<&2><&l>Earth Kingdom officers<n><&2>Improves the speed and power of<n><&a>  EarthBlast<n><&2> and EarthSmash
  Material: STONE_AXE
  ShapedRecipe: STONE, STONE, STONE, STONE, STICK, STONE, AIR, STICK, STONE
  Stats:
    Charges: 100
    EarthBlastRange: 50
    EarthBlastForce: 50
    EarthBlastDamage: 20
    EarthSmashChargeTime: 75
    EarthSmashCooldown: 20
    EarthSmashKnockback: 50
    EarthSmashKnockup: 50
    EarthSmashDamage: 25
    EarthSmashGrabRange: -20

Gold

Verified Member
Earth Hammers!

Code:
Item:
  Name: hammer
  DisplayName: <&2>Earth Hammer
  Lore: <&a>A strong stone hammer used by<&2><&l>Earth Kingdom officers<n><&2>Improves the speed and power of<n><&a>  EarthBlast<n><&2> and EarthSmash
  Material: STONE_AXE
  ShapedRecipe: STONE, STONE, STONE, STONE, STICK, STONE, AIR, STICK, STONE
  Stats:
    EarthBlastRange: 50
    EarthBlastForce: 50
    EarthBlastDamage: 20
    EarthSmashChargeTime: 75
    EarthSmashCooldown: 20
    EarthSmashKnockback: 50
    EarthSmashKnockup: 50
    EarthSmashDamage: 25
    EarthSmashGrabRange: -20
Why u no explurn senpie

Tenket

Verified Member
This will be the official thread for sharing any items that you design and create. When you go to post your items, please share with us your thought process behind the item, and what the item accomplishes. For example

Code:
Item:
  Name: glider
  DisplayName: <&f>Airbender Staff
  Lore: <&8>A versatile wooden staff used by <&f><&l>Air Nomads<n><&7>Press sneak while falling to glide<n><&7>Improves the knockback of<n><&f>  AirBlast<n><&f>  AirSwipe<n><&f>  AirSuction
  Material: STICK
  ShapedRecipe: WOOL:8, WOOL:8, WOOL:8, AIR, STICK:8, WOOL:8, FEATHER:8, AIR, WOOL:8
  Stats:
  AirGlide: true
  AirBlastForce: 20
  AirSwipeForce: 100
  AirSuctionForce: 20

The glider is one of the most important tools for Airbenders! The strength of Aang and Zaheer's blasts always seemed to be amplified when they were using Airbending staffs, that was why I made it increase the force of AirBlast, AirSwipe, and AirSuction.
I really enjoy this item. Gives me a reason to collect wool and rounds out the airbender. Airbenders can fly but only with the use of items in the show.

Some people made custom abilities for this because it made sense for them for airbenders to fly but now that its an item it feels better. Its not just available straight away and you have to work before you are able to fly. Brings dat satisfaction.

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I really enjoy this item. Gives me a reason to collect wool and rounds out the airbender. Airbenders can fly but only with the use of items in the show.

Some people made custom abilities for this because it made sense for them for airbenders to fly but now that its an item it feels better. Its not just available straight away and you have to work before you are able to fly. Brings dat satisfaction.
I agree, and having a limit on how many times a player can use the item makes them more likely to reconsider when they decide to glide. I'm curious to see what other items people can come up with.

Hit_Manx

Verified Member
Code:
Item:
    Name: FireSword
    DisplayName: <&4>FireSword
    Material: IRON_SWORD
    Amount: 1
    Durability: 10
    Lore: <&c>This Sword is used by the <&4>FireBender<&c> to channel fire through the blades themselves

created a destructive Weapon!
    ShapedRecipe: BLAZE_POWDER, IRON_INGOT, BLAZE_POWDER, BLAZE_POWDER, IRON_INGOT, BLAZE_POWDER, AIR, STICK,

AIR
    Stats:
    HoldOnly: true
    FireBlastSpeed: 25
    FireBlastForce: 5
    FireBlastRange: 20
    FireBlastDamage: 4
Basically, I thought of this because on in the Last Air Bender series when Zuko fight those Earth Kingdom brutes and fire throughout his sword. I thought I could demonstrate this by showing that this sword makes fireblast stronger.

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Could you add an option to apply potion effects or attributes to the items? That would be ABSOLUTELY amazing !

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Could you add an option to apply potion effects or attributes to the items? That would be ABSOLUTELY amazing !
That sounds like a good idea, can you post a suggestion and give some example? :)

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
Code:
Item:
     Name: BloodBendingUpgrade
     DisplayName: <&1>BloodBending Upgrade
     Material: WATER_BUCKET
     Lore: <&b>Hold this item in your inventory to have bloodbending upgraded. <&b>Bloodbending Range<&1> Upgraded by 5% <&b>BloobBending Force <&1> Upgraded by 5%, <&b>Bloodbending HoldTime<&1> goes down.b>BloodBending Force <&1> Upgraded by 5%, <&b>Bloodbending HoldTime<&1> goes down.
     ShapedRecipe: GLOWSTONE_DUST, GLASS_BOTTLE, GLOWSTONE_DUST, REDSTONE, GLOWSTONE_DUST, REDSTONE, DIAMOND, DIAMOND, DIAMOND
     Stats:
    Bloodbendingholdtime: 15
    Bloodbendingforce: 5
    Bloodbendingrange: 5
Item:
     Name: SackOfAir
     DisplayName:<&7> Sack of air
     Material: GLASS_BOTTLE
     Lore: <&7> Hold this for airbending to be increased!
     ShapedRecipe: GLASS_BOTTLE, GLASS_BOTTLE, GLASS_BOTTLE, CHEST, CHEST, CHEST, REDSTONE, DIAMOND, REDSTONE
     Stats:
    AirGlideAutomatic: true
    AirBlastForce: 10
    AirBlastDamage: 4
    AirSwipeDamage: 4.5
    AirSwipeForce: 10
Item:
     Name: WaterBucket
     DisplayName: <&b>Water Bucket
     Material: POTION
     Lore: <&b>Rumor Has it that when you use make this, you can bend from it like a waterbottle!
     ShapedRecipe: GLASS_BOTTLE, WATER_BUCKET, GLASS_BOTTLE
     Stats:
Item:
     Name: ParalyzeGadget
     DisplayName: <&6>ParalyzeGadget
     Material: FISHING_ROD
     Lore: <&6>Use the fishing rod on people and paralyze them!
     ShapedRecipe: GLOWSTONE_DUST, FISHING_ROD, GLOWSTONE_DUST, GLOWSTONE_DUST, GLOWSTONE_DUST, GLOWSTONE_DUST, GLOWSTONE_DUST, GLOWSTONE_DUST, GLOWSTONE_DUST
     Stats:
    Charges: 5
    ParalyzeDuration: 5
    ParalyzeCooldown: 20
The only thing is that there isnt a stat for water bucket to act like water bottle and use something like that instead of a water bottle.

David

Verified Member
You just posted code. You didnt explain why you made it or what it could be used for like the original poster.
It's not complex code. It's simple YAML format. You can look up the YAML format, or you can just simple go trial and error, copy and paste what he has, plug-an-chug some words and letters to change it up a bit, and BAM! You have your own item :D

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
A quick question : can you use custom items that you made as part of the crafting recipe of another item ?
Ex: add iron around the air staff to upgrade it into a more stronger/durable version.

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
A quick question : can you use custom items that you made as part of the crafting recipe of another item ?
Ex: add iron around the air staff to upgrade it into a more stronger/durable version.
Not at the moment but we have plans for that in the future.

V

Vidcom

You just posted code. You didnt explain why you made it or what it could be used for like the original poster.
The Items plugin works by having a huge config file you just put stuff in. It's in "Code" format for the forums to make it easier to read and to maintain the formatting, so that way you can just copy and paste it in. Read up on Items on the PK wiki for more info ^.^

Tenket

Verified Member
It's not complex code. It's simple YAML format. You can look up the YAML format, or you can just simple go trial and error, copy and paste what he has, plug-an-chug some words and letters to change it up a bit, and BAM! You have your own item :D
You are missing the point. You are meant to foster conversation on a forum. Dumping a bunch of YML code and hitting send seems lazy. And it might be interesting to hear how you thought up the item and what kinds of situations they come in handy.

The Items plugin works by having a huge config file you just put stuff in. It's in "Code" format for the forums to make it easier to read and to maintain the formatting, so that way you can just copy and paste it in. Read up on Items on the PK wiki for more info ^.^
Thanks for the tip Vidcom. But I understand the mechanics. I was talking about how people are dumping YML and expecting people to be interested in their meagre effort.

V

Vidcom

You are missing the point. You are meant to foster conversation on a forum. Dumping a bunch of YML code and hitting send seems lazy. And it might be interesting to hear how you thought up the item and what kinds of situations they come in handy.

Thanks for the tip Vidcom. But I understand the mechanics. I was talking about how people are dumping YML and expecting people to be interested in their meagre effort.
No worries, I can get you some sources on why

Earth hammers are heavily implied quite a lot, with Bryke recommending them as an earthbender's preferred weapon (like the dual Dao swords Zuko uses). We only see them used once directly, and that's by Gow in B2E7 of TLA, Zuko Alone. Gow uses them to fire EarthBlasts rapidly and with serious power, and manages to take out Zuko, who is stuck to nonbending with dual Dao swords, which we already knew Zuko was a master with. Since Zuko isn't exactly the type to lose a fight, especially with a weapon we know full well he has mastered completely, we can conclude that Earth Hammers have a positive augmentation effect to earthbending as a whole. The ability to fire faster, further and with more damage is reflected in my suggestion, although I reduced the EarthSmash pickup range because as hammers, you will need to be quite close to the source to use them of course.

owlcool

Verified Member
No worries, I can get you some sources on why

Earth hammers are heavily implied quite a lot, with Bryke recommending them as an earthbender's preferred weapon (like the dual Dao swords Zuko uses). We only see them used once directly, and that's by Gow in B2E7 of TLA, Zuko Alone. Gow uses them to fire EarthBlasts rapidly and with serious power, and manages to take out Zuko, who is stuck to nonbending with dual Dao swords, which we already knew Zuko was a master with. Since Zuko isn't exactly the type to lose a fight, especially with a weapon we know full well he has mastered completely, we can conclude that Earth Hammers have a positive augmentation effect to earthbending as a whole. The ability to fire faster, further and with more damage is reflected in my suggestion, although I reduced the EarthSmash pickup range because as hammers, you will need to be quite close to the source to use them of course.
There is another place something similar to earth hammers was done, I will leave a link to more information, and pls move this thread to items plugin @Vidcom
http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/earth-hammers.991/#post-11049

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Here are some items for chi blockers!

Use these glasses to see in the dark:
Code:
Item:
    Name: ChiGlasses
    DisplayName: <&6><&l>Night Glasses
    Lore: <&6>Use these <&b>Glasses <&6>to see in the dark!<n><&9>Activates by sneaking.
    Material: LEATHER_HELMET
    ShapedRecipe: IRON_INGOT, LEATHER, IRON_INGOT, GLASS, STRING, GLASS, IRON_INGOT, GOLDEN_CARROT, IRON_INGOT
    Stats:
        LeatherColor: 149, 155, 68
        WearOnly: true
        SneakEffects: NIGHT_VISION:1:30
        Charges: 150
Use this tunic against fire benders. It's fire-proof!:
Code:
Item:
    Name: ChiChestPlate
    DisplayName: <&6><&l>Fire-Proof Tunic
    Lore: <&6>Use this <&c>Fire-Proof Tunic <&6>when fighting<n><&6>fire benders!<n><&9>Activates by sneaking.
    Material: LEATHER_CHESTPLATE
    ShapedRecipe: IRON_INGOT, AIR, IRON_INGOT, IRON_INGOT, OBSIDIAN:2, IRON_INGOT, NETHER_BRICK, NETHER_BRICK, NETHER_BRICK
    Stats:
        LeatherColor: 151, 123, 11
        WearOnly: true
        SneakEffects: FIRE_RESISTANCE:1:30
At last, something to heal you up in the middle of a battle:
Code:
Item:
    Name: MedicalKit
    Amount: 3
    DisplayName: <&c><&l>First-Aid kit
    Lore: <&4>Use this <&c>First-Aid kit <&4>to heal yourself!<n><&9>Press sneak to use this.
    Material: REDSTONE
    ShapedRecipe: NETHER_STALK, PAPER, NETHER_STALK, GHAST_TEAR, IRON_INGOT:2, SPECKLED_MELON, PAPER, GLASS_BOTTLE, PAPER
    Glow:
    Stats:
        SneakEffects: REGENERATION:255:1, BLINDNESS:255:2, NIGHT_VISION:255:1
        Charges: 1
I hope you like them! :)