• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion The Nether & The End

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Water is buff by the full moon, fire is buff by the sun. And since this plugin is incorperate by minecraft, I though it would be cool If we allowed earthbenders in nether be buffed there, while airbender in the end. Those dimensions imo assiosate well, since the hell dimension is seen as the underworld, while the end is also name as the aether, a sky world.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
To help make this "fit" better, who ever designed the resource pack could make netherrack and other nether blocks to look more earthy and then I dont know how you'd make End stone look more like a place for an air nomad...

xNuminousx

Verified Member
But, as it is right now that seems kind of silly... The nether theme is fit for a fire bender and the end theme is set for an Avatar... The nether is all red and hot while the end is all space-like.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well some aspect of it already exists as silly-willies: netherrack can be bent by earthbenders within default bendable block list. Not to mention natural generated liquid in that dimension is known to be only bendable by earthenders (aka. lava).

I heard that somehow The End was inspired by Heaven realm, no? I still feel like it kinda somehows feels its ideal spot for airbenders. Don't know why though.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
And lava is also naturally generated in the overworld... I just think that the natural terrain of the overrworld (and caves?) best represent Earth so it seems silly to me to make something completely different represent earth just cause it has a lot of lava (btw not every earthbender can bend lava). And the End is pretty similar to the cosmos-avatar-thingy that Aang and Korra both had to walk through. High in the sky, space-looking, dark.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You make valid points and I expected those. I just wanted to make it like a fair trade, since waterbending and firebending have their owns means of empowering themselves other than through avatar, while the other two don't have it.

Though for me it just makes sense to correspond those dimensions in respective manner with the two bending matter.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
You make valid points and I expected those. I just wanted to make it like a fair trade, since waterbending and firebending have their owns means of empowering themselves other than through avatar, while the other two don't have it.
I don't think it's currently unfair. I think it keeps balance. Fire can be completely prevented (Eclipse; not in Core) and it can be empowered, as well as weakened (at night). Then water can be empowered (Night + Full Moon) and it can be weakened (Day time). So it can balance itself out I think. Also, Earth and Air are both equipped to deal with this power advantage (Whether it be night or day). Earth is a really defensive element so they are able to defend themselves really easily; plus Pk offers a lot of damage dealing abilities. Air is extremely mobile so they can easily escape the Firebender or Waterbender.

If the situation was reversed, it'd be really crappy for Fire or Water (mostly water). If the waterbender is in the Nether or the End then they'd be completely reliant on waterbottles unless it's custom terrain; and waterbottles are glitched ATM. It'd be incredible unfair and unbalanced for the waterbender. If fire was in the nether or end they'd surely perish. They have very minimal mobility or defense since they're so reliant on damage.

Since I'm analyzing it more, this just seems like a bad situation... It would unbalance everything.

Xander8881

Verified Member
This doesn't seem logic to me at all, it's not canon :3 like firebenders were more powerful during day cause they get their energy of the sun, and vice versa with the waterbenders. Doesn't seem logic to me that they should make dimensions affect bending...

xNuminousx

Verified Member
This doesn't seem logic to me at all, it's not canon :3 like firebenders were more powerful during day cause they get their energy of the sun, and vice versa with the waterbenders. Doesn't seem logic to me that they should make dimensions affect bending...
I thought we already finished analyzing this suggestion?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well If we were to talk logic, there's no eclipse and comets in minecraft, therefor those existing additions incorperate don't work well withoutb bringing the fallacy. But hey we got it! Therefor I though this suggestion is far fromg being concluded to be a completely flawed.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
True, though just pointing out not everything is logical in this plugin and can be based scientifically with just from the show's universe &/ rl that lacks of it.
Chorus plant is a fictional plant, that doesn't even exist in rl and avatar universe. We can only assume it has water because it's plant, with a difference from another dimension. Netherrack is bendable, but hey we can pretend it has earth properties despite being from a difference dimension

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Well we can put logic into this if you want.

In the show, celestial events had a huge role in Bending. For example, the sun empowering firebending, a Comet empowering firebending, the eclipse disabling firebending. The moon empowering Waterbending, full moon empowering Waterbending, did they ever show a lunar eclipse??

Whereas, the nether and end dimensions are not celestial events. So logically they wouldn't empower Bending.

But there's another perspective to this! Raava reveals to Korra that the Spirit World (AKA a dimension) strengthens her as an Avatar because she's part spirit. So if this exists, there's also no reason why a dimension connected to an element wouldn't strengthen them just like a dimension connected to the Avatar strengthens the Avatar. However, the Nether and End aren't exactly connected to an element. The nether may have lava but lava isn't the basis of earthbending. The end may be in the air but it's also dark and dangerous which isn't a basis of Airbending.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
did they ever show a lunar eclipse??
YES!!! When commander Zao or however you spell his name killed the moon spirit, the moon turned red which is what happens during a lunar eclipse! They never showed one naturally but it's linked to the Spirits somehow.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well, if the end has some connection to airbending (is it theory to be located in high skies?), I see why not implanting it.

Off random, but would be sweet If somebody made a side plugin that revived some of the elements, pun unintented, from RPG (especally these three events and maybe implement my suggestion).

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Well, if the end has some connection to airbending (is it theory to be located in high skies?), I see why not implanting it.

Off random, but would be sweet If somebody made a side plugin that revived some of the elements, pun unintented, from RPG (especally these three events and maybe implement my suggestion).
Are they no longer in RPG or is it just not being updated,

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
No idea (probably they stopped like with Spirits). Leaving this plugin in coffin would be weird (more so when this forum section is open for posting).