• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Techniques and combos for pvp

Beygirl

I found there are two good methods for earthbending, both of which you should be able to switch to and from.

1. Classic/Traditional/Toph style. This style mainly uses moves like raiseearth and earthblast in sync, with you holding your ground. This is basically a all or nothing style, either you win or lose horribly. This is best against many opponents instead of just one.

2. Probending/Sandbending style. This mainly uses moves like catapult, earth armor, and earthblast. Just retreat until your opponent starts retreating, then move in for the kill with a move like cone shaped shockwave or just spam earthblast. You can charge moves like shockwave and earth smash in the air if it suits you. This is best for 1 on 1 or maybe 1 on 2. This style allows you to avoid a loss by just catapulting away. So be defiantly good, but still average with this style, instead of a win/lose scenario.
My strategy involves blocking attacks with RaiseEarth/EarthBlast/EarthSmash and waiting for the right moment to strike; playing defensively. A good counter I use to block attacks from FireJet + FireBlast spammers is to keep a close eye on them while they're in flight. It'll then make it easier to estimate their landing point. The moment they land, I raise an earth wall, and most of the time they won't have time to react to the defense since they've already let go of shift, sending the blast at the wall. Bam. No damage taken. If I have enough time after, I'll charge up an EarthSmash and haul it at them. EarthSmash is also great for blocking attacks as a moving shield. I've used it to block quite a few fire/water/air attacks. Redirecting other Earthbenders' EarthSmashes is fun too :3. I also Catapult to charge EarthSmash/Shockwave whenever I get the chance to attack. The only problem with this is that other benders can easily strike you in mid-air. I would say my style is mainly based on Toph's (hence my profile picture :D).

I want to try experimenting with shifting at multiple incoming EarthBlasts in mid-air to stop them, and then possibly end up with floating earth blocks to use as sources for EarthBlast (it'll be easier to use if they're floating because then you don't have to look down to select a source...I mean, come on, it'll make you look epic with all of those floating blocks beside you xD). But again, I haven't tried it yet, and it'll probably be hard to execute too ._.

I'm also trying to find other offensive Earthbending techniques as an alternative to EarthBlast spamming, so I'd love to hear from other Earthbenders :D.

Just_Luca

A waterbender trick would be to always stay moving. Try the best you can to stay near a lot of plants and water. Slow down Airbenders with IceSpike/Blast. Draw Earthbenders and Firebenders in your element.
How do I get the ice to use said skills if I'm not near a lake or something similar? Sorry, I'm still new so I'm not aware of most common tricks or glitches like the AirBlast trick.