• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bug Report Synchronous Database Interaction

sothatsit

Verified Member
Currently the ProjectKorra (Core) plugin accesses the database synchronously, or in other words, on the main thread. This stalls the main thread and creates tremendous amounts of lag. Database Interaction should be done on an asynchronous thread. I am using ProjectKorra v1.6.0.

I have actually forked the project and edited this to work myself, all you would have to do is accept the pull request: https://github.com/ProjectKorra/ProjectKorra/pull/114. There are not actually that many edits, many of them are caused by my code formatter which changed every single file to fit my formatting.

I hope you accept the request, or at least fix it on your end.

Thanks,
Sothatsit.

Hero

Verified Member
Currently the ProjectKorra (Core) plugin accesses the database synchronously, or in other words, on the main thread. This stalls the main thread and creates tremendous amounts of lag. Database Interaction should be done on an asynchronous thread. I am using ProjectKorra v1.6.0.

I have actually forked the project and edited this to work myself, all you would have to do is accept the pull request: https://github.com/ProjectKorra/ProjectKorra/pull/114. There are not actually that many edits, many of them are caused by my code formatter which changed every single file to fit my formatting.

Thanks,
Sothatsit.
Im in no authority to post here, but you do realize that they can't fix a bug because you edited the plugin....

sothatsit

Verified Member
Im in no authority to post here, but you do realize that they can't fix a bug because you edited the plugin....
The bug is not fixed on the main ProjectKorra plugin and it will only be fixed if they accept my pull request or fix it themselves. The only way anyone like you could get a fixed version is if you compiled it yourself from my repository.

Hero

Verified Member
The bug is not fixed on the main ProjectKorra plugin and it will only be fixed if they accept my pull request or fix it themselves. The only way anyone like you could get a fixed version is if you compiled it yourself from my repository.
Sorry for my nooby-ness, but what is a "Pull"

sothatsit

Verified Member
Nothing is happening with the repo until 1.7.0 work begins
So, you refuse something which fixes many huge issues you have with your code because you are too lazy to look through it. Pretty lame excuse. Doesn't matter to me though i guess, i will keep using this version which works perfectly and you can leave your whole userbase with a version which is super laggy.

I cant believe you would let your pride get in the way of making a better product.

Last edited:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So, you refuse something which fixes many huge issues you have with your code because you are too lazy to look through it. Pretty lame excuse. Doesn't matter to me though i guess, i will keep using this version which works perfectly and you can leave your whole userbase with a version which is super laggy.

I cant believe you would let your pride get in the way of making a better product.
He didn't say it wasn't going to happen.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

Its nothing to do with pride, none of the developers are allowed to begin work until 1.7.0 development starts. None of my pulls have gone in either.

jacklin213

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

Thanks,
Sothatsit.
Believe me I tried to get this message across since 1.4 . But I was just told to leave it, hopefully ur PR get pulled though. Database stuff should be handled async as far as im concerned. Btw @AlexTheCoder is right, the repo is currently frozen for now so we cant do anything at the moment. Please dont rage thanks :)