• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Swordmaster Ability

HydroMan

Verified Member
I advise you to see @Hero's idea if you haven't seen it yet, before asking any questions about the classes/new "elements" itself
Name: Slide&Dice (the symbol could be change into a minus or "and" phrase).
Class: Swordmaster
Type: (could be a passive move or a bind. I'll let the CDs to decide).
Item: Any type of sword
Purpose/Function: This bind/passive will allow you to slice EarthBlast projectiles, turning them into half slab and negating their damage. To use this you simply left click, while holding sneak to select and remain in the stance of the swordmaster preparing to pull his sword from the sack and ready to slice an incoming attack. This will only work if the wielder has stone sword or any stronger then it (however losing durability value is smaller after cutting if you have stronger sword ,when it comes to choosing the sword for this move), while wooden sword will immediately break after one cut. The goodside of using wooden sword for this when you have no other stronger one, is that it will at least reduce the damage to half a heart. This move will also allow you to cut bigger earhtbending projectiles (which of right now EarthSmash I believe is the biggest projectile in earthbending element to be seen) in half, diving into pairs that cross you unarmed sideways. But in a cost, each Sword will break after this following uses:
- Stone = 3
- Gold = 5
- Diamond = 9
- Wooden = 1 (won't cut it)

I hope you like this idea. Give it a rating from 1-3 :).

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think Hero's idea should be approved first, then go ahead and make posts about it.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
@Gamzee, what u think?
Slide&Dice
all the cheese
Purpose/Function: This bind/passive will allow you to slice EarthBlast projectiles, turning them into half slab and negating their damage. To use this you simply left click, while holding sneak to select and remain in the stance of the swordmaster preparing to pull his sword from the sack and ready to slice an incoming attack. This will only work if the wielder has stone sword or any stronger then it (however losing durability value is smaller after cutting if you have stronger sword ,when it comes to choosing the sword for this move), while wooden sword will immediately break after one cut. The goodside of using wooden sword for this when you have no other stronger one, is that it will at least reduce the damage to half a heart. This move will also allow you to cut bigger earhtbending projectiles (which of right now EarthSmash I believe is the biggest projectile in earthbending element to be seen) in half, diving into pairs that cross you unarmed sideways. But in a cost, each Sword will break after this following uses:
Good idea, except there are no dirt or sand slabs and EarthSmash being split in two seems hard to code and a lot of particles symbolizing that the move broke would work fine. (also this would be a good passive)
- Stone = 3
- Gold = 5
- Diamond = 9
- Wooden = 0 (won't cut it)
Okay, that is not a balanced chart. I would say that each move takes away a certain amount of durability. Each use would be 6 taken for earthblast and 12 for earthsmash. Also a two second cooldown.
I hope you like this idea. Give it a rating from 1-3 :).

HydroMan

Verified Member
all the cheese

Good idea, except there are no dirt or sand slabs and EarthSmash being split in two seems hard to code and a lot of particles symbolizing that the move broke would work fine. (also this would be a good passive)

Okay, that is not a balanced chart. I would say that each move takes away a certain amount of durability. Each use would be 6 taken for earthblast and 12 for earthsmash. Also a two second cooldown.

Well, for dirt it could be left as a stone slab or particles that look like dirt. There is sandstone slab which could be for every type of sandblock.

Nah, I think the chart is ok. (I changed wooden sword to break after 1 use, as 0 was just a typo). I haven't thought of a chart for earthblast, so you might as one for it, or make a diffrent where it tells the durability each sword looses.

Last edited:

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Well, for dirt it could be left as a stone slab or particles that look like dirt. There is sandstone slab which could be for every type of sandblock.

Nah, I think the chart is ok. (I changed wooden sword to break after 1 use, as 0 was just a typo). I haven't thought of a chart for earthblast, so you might as one for it, or make a diffrent where it tells the durability each sword looses.
The chart in my opinion is unbalanced. A diamond sword (you know, made out of one of the hardest substances known to man) breaks after 7 uses? I think you are underestimating how often people would use this ability.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
The chart in my opinion is unbalanced. A diamond sword (you know, made out of one the hardest substances known to man) breaks after 7 uses? I think you are underestimating how often people would use this ability.
Well, I don't want to make diamond sword break blocks and other stuff, but I can't blame for it (almost called him) for being O.P., so I think it deserves to be the strongest of all swords.

xDizasterCYx

Verified Member
This is kinda nice, I was thinking too about the ability to create custom elements or what, anyway this sounds cool (y) :D

EDIT: Why not making the values customizable?

Hero

Verified Member
The chart in my opinion is unbalanced. A diamond sword (you know, made out of one the hardest substances known to man) breaks after 7 uses? I think you are underestimating how often people would use this ability.
Diamond isnt the hardest...

Jackson Williams

I'd give this a 2.5 but i agree with Finn, it would make more sense if the first idea wa approved before coming up with more suggestions that relies on the original idea being implemented. Other than that I think this is a really good idea!