• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Switching off hands to Redirect Torrent / Gimbal ~Streams~

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoenixForce9

Verified Member
Before I get some complains about how there are like a MILLION torrent redirection suggestions, I however am not suggesting that simple "shift and click" to regain the torrent and redirect it.

"combo": (tap 'swap items "F"' 4 times) > hold shift > click (with torrent)
**NOTE** tapping (swap hand button) 4 times is require so that the "system" could recognize it as a combo and failure to do so will result in the combo not working.

Before people complain about it is going to be boring by always having the redirection work, it has to be a certain amount of blocks away from you before you can successfully redirect it

So basically, as we all know, combat has changed a lot in minecraft 1.9 and I've noticed that the off hand can also in a way symbolize... "Fluid arm changes..?" with minecraft bending lol so what I've had in mind was, what if when you want to redirect a torrent, you have to have your slot on torrent and once the torrent is almost in contact with you you switch your hands (press F) 3 - 5 times and tap shift 2 times but hold shift as if you're summoning a torrent to symbolize that you're being fluid and using your enemy's torrent to go against them. I don't think that a gif is necessary because everyone knows the fight between Katara and Paku. I honestly hope that people don't complain about this being requested yet again with "Usual tactics" when in reality I'm trying to incorporate 1.9's off hand so that it can be switched multiple times while doing this "combo" to absorb and redirect a torrent successfully.

OR as @HydroGuy had said; there could also be a different option to do a full spin around while shifting (and or tapping the swap hand button) and then the combo would register and you can complete the redirection

@SamuraiSnowman

Last edited:

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I believe that this is impossible, as you need an item to activate the off hand. Im pretty sure WaterGimbal is a Jedcore addon aswell.

ThePhoenixForce9

Verified Member
I believe that this is impossible, as you need an item to activate the off hand. Im pretty sure WaterGimbal is a Jedcore addon aswell.
Well I mean you don't need to get gimbal; and also, well I mean but if you press it it basically is still there, nothing is just happening. But however if in wild with item it would be more prominent and it would require the player to do something else rather than just shift and click

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ya but, what good is a function if it can only be used when you have an item.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Before I get some complains about how there are like a MILLION torrent redirection suggestions,
WHAT?? WHY ARE YOU POSTING THIS OVER WHEN THERE IS OVER A MILLON OF THESE. ARE YOU MAD????///?? YOU SHOULD BETTER SEE A DOCTER FOR YOUR EYE CHECK (jk). OMG I HATE YOU1111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111.

Yeah, what you just said. And....
So basically, as we all know, combat has changed a lot in minecraft 1.9 and I've noticed that the off hand can also in a way symbolize... "Fluid arm changes..?
speaking of fluidity, I remember somebody suggested a clever way how it can actually represent fluidity body swim shown from the canon: an person would require to hold shift and spin a full circle with player's body by moving a cursor to redirect that said torrent. I think that represents the redirection well from the shown and I think it's a brilliant way to add something really "new" instead of repeating controls, that end up with [sneak] and [left/right click].

Having an item in a hand as a necessity seems little-off. I know it would make an disadvantage so it doesn't become op, but really there's nothing op to redirect an torrent with empty handed, literally.

ThePhoenixForce9

Verified Member
WHAT?? WHY ARE YOU POSTING THIS OVER WHEN THERE IS OVER A MILLON OF THESE. ARE YOU MAD????///?? YOU SHOULD BETTER SEE A DOCTER FOR YOUR EYE CHECK (jk). OMG I HATE YOU1111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111.

Yeah, what you just said. And....

speaking of fluidity, I remember somebody suggested a clever way how it can actually represent fluidity body swim shown from the canon: an person would require to hold shift and spin a full circle with player's body by moving a cursor to redirect that said torrent. I think that represents the redirection well from the shown and I think it's a brilliant way to add something really "new" instead of repeating controls, that end up with [sneak] and [left/right click].

Having an item in a hand as a necessity seems little-off. I know it would make an disadvantage so it doesn't become op, but really there's nothing op to redirect an torrent with empty handed, literally.
Well I mean, you wouldn't need an item in your hand to use the combo, its just that since the button to switch your off hand is a legit system that will still register whether you hold an item or not, it would still be required to tap the swap button to use the combo (even though you don't have an item in your hand)

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Actually it doesn't register your off hand unless you have an item in it.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Look. I don't have time to find who's idea it was once someone tells me who's original idea it is I can't help you or me // Also. That's why I place "Or" if it doesn't "register"
Yes but ultimately if this thread gets looked into you need to give the creator of the idea credit or its plagiarizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.