• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Surge Shield Attack

Do you leik e-e?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

astraelis7

Verified Member
An extension of Surge Shield (I couldn't find anyone else posting this idea in the forums - if there is, I'm sorry? o.o)

To maintain surge shield you must be shifting (in basic controls) - if you left-click on the shield, it could send an icespike/watermanipulation type attack (depending what state the shield is in)...

This goes with the idea of water turning their defence into their offense... The damage could be lower than regular watermanipulation and icespike to prevent it being OP...

This is kinda used in Tarrlok vs Korra in Air when Korra confronts him in his office. During the fight, Tarrlok creates a thin membrane-like dome of water around him and punches it in rapid succession to send mini-razor-like shards at Korra, which inflict some damage on her... I'm sure most people will know what I mean but I will post the fight link and time if anyone needs it o.o

Last edited:

astraelis7

Verified Member
1:17 is when he starts the shards... As you can see, it works as a shield too since it blocks Korra's fire... idk >.<

astraelis7

Verified Member
oh :/ derp... Well perhaps keep it the same but lower its range/speed/something to make the original still better (otherwise why use icespike when you can use this anddd get the shield - though I guess the time frame to get the shield up might be something)

astraelis7

Verified Member
Just another idea for its logistics - each block on the shield could provide one attack. Since the shield is centred to where you look, every time you attack (left click while shifting to hold the shield) the icespike/watermanipulation will be sent from a random part of the shield, leaving a hole where the source was. When all attacks have been used, the shield must be reformed. Plus, at night and the full moon would mean more attacks can be made with one shield, since they will be bigger o.o

astraelis7

Verified Member
@finnbon Oh yes I forgot to correct that (I realized as I was posting my last comment and corrected it there to left click) So right-click would change the shield state (ice/water) and left-click would send the attack according to my last comment o.o Hope that's clear now :D

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
@finnbon Oh yes I forgot to correct that (I realized as I was posting my last comment and corrected it there to left click) So right-click would change the shield state (ice/water) and left-click would send the attack according to my last comment o.o Hope that's clear now :D
Well actually left click changes the shield state. Right click prevents the shield from disappearing. So actually all the posibilities for surge are taken...

Sketz

Verified Member
Ice spike by default does 0.5 hearts, you can't go lower than that.

OHH SHIZ, DUDE, That video, is like, almost the perfect thing to explain My "WaterSeal" Move,

This would be great, because it could go into my WaterSeal, and both take credit, *Is what i'm thinking XD*

I don't know. Just saying, What would you think @astraelis?!!! ^-^

Last edited:

astraelis7

Verified Member
I just read your thread (WaterSeal) and I love the idea (except maybe the amount of lag it would produce and that water shields don't really stop attacks in my opinion, unless they are turned to ice, if my experience with surge is valid) but I think we're going for different aspects o.o You're going for a move in your own right which is primarily a defensive feature, whereas I'm going for an extension of surge :3 I think our concepts are different enough to be individual rather than combined ;D Like I said, I did search the forums and didn't find anything strikingly similar

astraelis7

Verified Member
@finnbon I think your controls are different from mine - for me Shift holds the shield, and right-click changes the state.... I thought I was in the default controls (apart from other things) Could someone please clarify this in default controls? In any situation, shield, state, and attack can be arranged accordingly between shift, right and left click so it shouldn't be a problem imo

Sketz

Verified Member
I just read your thread (WaterSeal) and I love the idea (except maybe the amount of lag it would produce and that water shields don't really stop attacks in my opinion, unless they are turned to ice, if my experience with surge is valid) but I think we're going for different aspects o.o You're going for a move in your own right which is primarily a defensive feature, whereas I'm going for an extension of surge :3 I think our concepts are different enough to be individual rather than combined ;D Like I said, I did search the forums and didn't find anything strikingly similar
Very Sorry, I probbably pictured it differently in my head, Where, waterseal, when you shift to put it up, you can the clik to freeze it, and it will stay frozen untill you click again, so, with this, i thought, when holding shift on the waterseal(ice) you can click at the target, (inside waterseal), and the ice shoots off of the bubble at the player, slowly damaging him, and backing him away. :)

Sketz

Verified Member
And in my head of it blocking attacks, is the way of holding surge at a fireblast stopping it, and a frozen surge stopping earthblast attacks, only this being waterseal, (basically saying, it can be a surge that completly covers the player).

Status
Not open for further replies.