• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Surge Shield (add-on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I'm sure that I'm not the only one who wishes they could go directly from the shield to the wave of surge. I think that these should be put together. Here's how it would work: you use surge shield like normal, and then when you want to push the shield forward all you have to do it double left click. This will send the shield in the direction you are looking. You will still be able to freeze the enemy, and in the case that your shield is ice it will automatically change to water as it is being sent forward. I think that this is reasonable considering that water is the element of change, so I think you should be able to change from defense to offense quickly when you need to. Please leave your thoughts on this suggestion below. Thank You! :D

6tijn

Verified Member
This makes a lot sense!! I think R-click should be better because L-click is already in use to switch from ice to water etc.

6tijn

Verified Member
I don't think the PK plugin registers R-Clicks unless they're on a block
Well, because the shield goes where ever you bring your cursor to means that you can always change the shield to ice and then R-click the ice in front of you.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Well, because the shield goes where ever you bring your cursor to means that you can always change the shield to ice and then R-click the ice in front of you.
I guess you could. If others like this idea too, then I'm onboard! :)

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
I think it's great! But it would be even more amazing if we send the wave when it's in ice form. So we're technically throwing an ice wall.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I think it's great! But it would be even more amazing if we send the wave when it's in ice form. So we're technically throwing an ice wall.
That may be to hard or take to long to code, but I wouldn't know. We'd have to consult a coder to know for sure. I would really like that though

Kiam

Verified Member
The switch between the two slots makes a lot of sense, but the throw should be a different suggestion (I think).

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
The switch between the two slots makes a lot of sense, but the throw should be a different suggestion (I think).
What about switching to iceblast and L-clicking will throw the shield. Like a combo. If this gets some positive feedback I will change the original post to this.

6tijn

Verified Member
What about switching to iceblast and L-clicking will throw the shield. Like a combo. If this gets some positive feedback I will change the original post to this.
Maybe you could do both. when you switch to iceblast and click, the ice shield would turn into a few ice blast/Icespikes that get launched ta the direction you look at. And when you R-click on the surge slot, the wall would stay, even when you release shift. Like earthbenders can do raiseearth. c:

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Maybe you could do both. when you switch to iceblast and click, the ice shield would turn into a few ice blast/Icespikes that get launched ta the direction you look at. And when you R-click on the surge slot, the wall would stay, even when you release shift. Like earthbenders can do raiseearth. c:
I would like to be able to make the wall stay, but that would just make a bunch of water walls all over the place. How would you get rid of the walls? Also I think that the ice blasts coming out of the surge shield would be kinda op. I'd like to just keep it like how I originally mentioned: being able to push the shield forward into a wave.

6tijn

Verified Member
I would like to be able to make the wall stay, but that would just make a bunch of water walls all over the place. How would you get rid of the walls? Also I think that the ice blasts coming out of the surge shield would be kinda op. I'd like to just keep it like how I originally mentioned: being able to push the shield forward into a wave.
The iceblast/icespike demage would be confirmable, so it could do 1.5/2 hearts. And the walls could be melt with phasechange and every player can only make one wall at a time. Or it could disappear like FireWall after a few seconds and have a cooldown as wel.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
The iceblast/icespike demage would be confirmable, so it could do 1.5/2 hearts. And the walls could be melt with phasechange and every player can only make one wall at a time. Or it could disappear like FireWall after a few seconds and have a cooldown as wel.
I'm not sure if it's just me, but for some reason I'm not too into this idea. I want to hear other's feedback on it before I completely deny it though.

6tijn

Verified Member
I'm not sure if it's just me, but for some reason I'm not too into this idea. I want to hear other's feedback on it before I completely deny it though.
Well, I agree, it's your suggestion, and it was just a random idea popping up in my head.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well, shooting surge, and surge shield from the same source is already possible, but I like this one even more!

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Well, shooting surge, and surge shield from the same source is already possible, but I like this one even more!
Yeah, I know what you're talking about and I love using that :D however this would be so much more convenient. Glad you like it :D

paliate

Verified Member
I don't quite understand what your trying to fix here, so i can't really say much about this move / combination.

Could you maybe provide images or a better explanation? I'm a bit fuzzy on what your trying to do here.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I don't quite understand what your trying to fix here, so i can't really say much about this move / combination.

Could you maybe provide images or a better explanation? I'm a bit fuzzy on what your trying to do here.
I'll do my best to explain it. Right now while you are using the shield version of surge you can't use surge (the wave version) unless you do what @finnbon described. My idea was this: While using surge (shield version) you can do some combo and the shield would begin moving forward like surge (wave version). This would allow for water benders to seamlessly switch from defense to offense. If you need more detail, I can provide. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.