• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Surge - no Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Obvious Suggestion and may be already in works, but I'll suggest it anyways....

Surge, shouldn't knockback the user when used on oneself. It should pass through the user, leaving an air gap like what Katara in vs Toph did.

Simple, right? :D

NickC1211

Verified Member
Obvious Suggestion and may be already in works, but I'll suggest it anyways....

Surge, shouldn't knockback the user when used on oneself. It should pass through the user, leaving an air gap like what Katara in vs Toph did.

Simple, right? :D
Nuu we need surge jet xD

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Sorry, but it is too mobile on land. Besides, we have waterwave and waterarms grapple (I had nerfed thaat too).

AndDrew

Verified Member
No, surge is as essential for water benders as airblast is for airbenders.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
No, surge is as essential for water benders as airblast is for airbenders.

That's.... Well, I loved how it put that way. "Surge is essential"... why? Waterbending is suppose to be mobile element? Is that what you're saying. I disagree. Waterbending travelling on LAND at the speed of a race car sounds too absurd for me. Should we allow airbenders to underwater faster If under the reason why Surge-jet should be kept?

If we gonna keep surge-jet essential, may we allow airbenders to dash in water with their airblast?

AndDrew

Verified Member

That's.... Well, I loved how it put that way. "Surge is essential"... why? Waterbending is suppose to be mobile element? Is that what you're saying. I disagree. Waterbending travelling on LAND at the speed of a race car sounds too absurd for me. Should we allow airbenders to underwater faster If under the reason why Surge-jet should be kept?

If we gonna keep surge-jet essential, may we allow airbenders to dash in water with their airblast?
Well that's how it is and that's how projectkorra shaped it to be. Surge has been how it is since the dawn of minecraft bending itself. I think it should stay the same because water right now is enjoyable. Water without surgejetting would make it really slow and stale. In my oppinion bending should be based on gameplay mechanics rather than wether it's "canon" or not, it works and it's enjoyable. Why change something when it's fine and fun the way it is because it's not canon? Again this is just my opinion, I think it's fine the way it is.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
A lot of people like and prefer to be able to surge themselves as well as other entities. And it does make sense. Now being able to not push yourself and still push others also makes sense.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I would also like to look at a different perspective and say:

How often are you going to turn around, select a source, then turn BACK around to your original position, and use Surge against someone against you.... When I picture this i seem myself in the water but I guess if you're on the bank.... Of course any person in there right mind would just hop in the water and Water Run away.... Because if you're using surge you're probably trying to push someone away but why would you push them away when you can swim away faster.... I'm thinking about this too much.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well that's how it is and that's how projectkorra shaped it to be. Surge has been how it is since the dawn of minecraft bending itself. I think it should stay the same because water right now is enjoyable. Water without surgejetting would make it really slow and stale. In my oppinion bending should be based on gameplay mechanics rather than wether it's "canon" or not, it works and it's enjoyable. Why change something when it's fine and fun the way it is because it's not canon? Again this is just my opinion, I think it's fine the way it is.
But that's not the vision of Pk from how I seen since I joined this forum. Considering that they/it/pk considers (possible) nerfing like airblast, it would be fair to do something with Surge.

This is a quick reply on my two cents, so I might edit this out and elaborate on it fully when I get the time to do it.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
A lot of people like and prefer to be able to surge themselves as well as other entities. And it does make sense. Now being able to not push yourself and still push others also makes sense.
People can like anything and be bias about. Give them a super op ability and they will argue it ain't op, when it actually is. Give them firebenders more defensive abilities, because they like those. Remove avatarstate because they like living without it.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't mean to like, step on anyones ideals, but people did use surge and waves to propel themselves.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

(in the background)

Exhibit C:

You can definetly propel yourself with a wave, so that is out of the question.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
All 3 examples are Avatars... Just gonna point that out.

Exhibit A might still be valid, since Aang was pretty weak and hurt in that episode and was still able to produce the wave.

Loony

Verified Member
Removing mobility for Waterbenders would be a nerf, and you didn't write anything to balance this nerf out.
Poor concept, denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.