• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Stabilize @Carbogen & Jedk

Status
Not open for further replies.

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
an earthbending move/passive where the user would hold shift when a falling player is flying through the air at them, catch them and get knocked back by a couple of blocks (depending on the distance traveled in air) like bolin did in the prison break from kurviras prison with the falling player mounting the catching player preventing fall damage to the falling player and giving strength boost to the catching player for 5 seconds or less as to show the strain of the catch, people who are traveling too fast or too far would knock the catching player back and cause normal knockback damage or a configurable damage indicator which would increase as the players speed/distance increased which the plugin already provides i think,

i think @Carbogen & @jedk could maybe add this onto an existing move like maybe catapult or something that involves jumping into the air, that way it could be developed into other moves like if you jump into the air with catapult you could hold shift to collide with players in mid air, grabbing hold of them and falling together towards the surface area, no fall damage if theres enough earthbendable blocks under you? all i got so far ^_^ but think his would mke a great addition

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
an earthbending move/passive where the user would hold shift when a falling player is flying through the air at them, catch them and get knocked back by a couple of blocks (depending on the distance traveled in air) like bolin did in the prison break from kurviras prison with the falling player mounting the catching player preventing fall damage to the falling player and giving strength boost to the catching player for 5 seconds or less as to show the strain of the catch, people who are traveling too fast or too far would knock the catching player back and cause normal knockback damage or a configurable damage indicator which would increase as the players speed/distance increased which the plugin already provides i think,

i think @Carbogen & @jedk could maybe add this onto an existing move like maybe catapult or something that involves jumping into the air, that way it could be developed into other moves like if you jump into the air with catapult you could hold shift to collide with players in mid air, grabbing hold of them and falling together towards the surface area, no fall damage if theres enough earthbendable blocks under you? all i got so far ^_^ but think his would mke a great addition
maybe once water arms is updated, catapult at the waterbender to "take them out" of the air lol would be so awesome seeing that in motion lmao

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
That's not what I ment. I mean this suggestion forum is for suggestions for the plugin. If you have a suggestion for an add-on, then PM a developer or post something on the ability thread.
for the record this is a suggestion for the core project. who wouldnt want to see their move suggestion being made? and #2 i just thought they would be more equipt to handle thistype of coding... didnt wanna say it but yh there it is..... now pleasestop being butthurt just because i tagged 2 developers which were not you. they have both just released amazing grapple abilities and this as far as i know this is a grappling ability for earthbenders but just instead of grappling objects you grapple people in mid air and save them from falling damage by catching the ones that fall ^_^

Sorin

Verified Member
That's not what I ment. I mean this suggestion forum is for suggestions for the plugin. If you have a suggestion for an add-on, then PM a developer or post something on the ability thread.
Hey don't be so grumpy grump \(^_^)/ I'm glad he made a post for this so other people could see this and share their opinions (without the hate comments please). But i see how you could become frustrated at something like this, due to it being in the wrong area. :p

Carbogen

Verified Member
I can imagine an earthbending move to resist knockback, which is essentially what Bolin was doing. Catching a player while they are in the air would be a whole different level of tricky, if not impossible.

Making a move to resist knockback could be possible, and many earthbenders have been shown capable of this (such as Toph and Bolin). I'm not certain it's worth an entire move though, but it could be added to an existing ability which doesn't utilize the sneak key.

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
I can imagine an earthbending move to resist knockback, which is essentially what Bolin was doing. Catching a player while they are in the air would be a whole different level of tricky, if not impossible.

Making a move to resist knockback could be possible, and many earthbenders have been shown capable of this (such as Toph and Bolin). I'm not certain it's worth an entire move though, but it could be added to an existing ability which doesn't utilize the sneak key.
nothing is impossible tho thats what they said about waterarms ;) an i think if you'd add a mount aspect to it then set the height the player would mount and range of possible mount it would fix that? i mean i downloaded the chairs plugin an 2 people can sit on a chair as if they've collided in mid air obv you would need to be extremely accurate but yh think it could be done just have to look at it from a different perspective ^_^ basicly just a mid air mount with a slight damage inrease

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member

would you be able to make a move that say if you crouch, it resists the element you're using? like say if a waterbender used it, it would deflect the knockback of water moves, earth for earth and fire etc?

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
Hey don't be so grumpy grump \(^_^)/ I'm glad he made a post for this so other people could see this and share their opinions (without the hate comments please). But i see how you could become frustrated at something like this, due to it being in the wrong area. :p
dw hes on a personal vendetta for some strange reason pretty much everything i post he slates lol

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
and fyi its a move for core i just didnt know if it would make a good add-on to an existing move or if it would be made into an actual move....

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
maybe once water arms is updated, catapult at the waterbender to "take them out" of the air lol would be so awesome seeing that in motion lmao
@Carbogen with catapulting at a person maybe it could have the knockback thing that flight has? but in a more earthly manor? so like when u catapult u hit the person in mid air (or a radius) and both of you stop then fall to the ground? or redirect the way the catapulter is going?

Status
Not open for further replies.