• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Sponsorship news, Minecraft usernames, and more!

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone -- before I get into a couple of new forum features, I wanted to make sure everyone saw that we just released ProjectKorra (Core) v1.8.3. Please go check it out now if you haven't already. I'm very proud of the work that this team continues to do.

I have spent some time today working on a couple of new features for the forum. The first is something new for Sponsors. Now, players that are a ProjectKorra Sponsor will be seen in the /bending who command on any server running ProjectKorra in the place where a staff member's rank will be displayed. (Note: If a player is both a staff member and a sponsor, the staff member tag will show).

Here's a screenshot of an example:
Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 5.23.54 PM.png

Now with that being said, the updates aren't automatic. If you are a sponsor, it may take up to 24 hours to update the file on our server. If you have been a sponsor for more than 24 hours and do not see the tag under your name, it could be because it hasn't been done yet, the server you're playing on hasn't reloaded, the server you're playing on is running an outdated version of ProjectKorra (Core), or we have the wrong Minecraft username. If you aren't sure your name is on the list, please do not hesitate to PM me with your Minecraft username.

To make this easier to automate the process in the future, I have added a feature to the forum that now asks users to put in their Minecraft usernames. If you go to your account preferences (http://projectkorra.com/account/personal-details), there is now a field that asks for your Minecraft username. If you fill it in, your MC name will also show up on your posts. This is now a registration option for new users as well. (Note: it is not a required field, as we understand not everyone has a Minecraft account).

If you would like to become a Sponsor, please feel free to do so here. It helps the community drastically and costs only $5 per month.

Loony

Great new addition!

Is this only active while you continue to be a Sponsor, or if you have sponsored at any point?

xNuminousx

It's an unrelated question tho. The answer is our builders have been working on it.
Well this was an update post so... I don't really think it was unlrelated... Plus, in the title it says "and more!" so he could have added some server info in the post too....

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Well this was an update post so... I don't really think it was unlrelated... Plus, in the title it says "and more!" so he could have added some server info in the post too....
When we feel there is legitimate news for the server we will release it.