• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Spam Cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I think we should do the opposite of what you said with the elements. The nonsources need the cooldown.
Theoretically, this would make sense, but in reality, it doesn't. The sources barely hinder decent benders, it doesn't take much time for you to slightly look down, and it's very easy to spam moves like WaterManipulation, where you can easily hit a person on land with some guidance via left clicking. The same can be said for earthblast, but I feel like EBlast doesn't have the same amount of range. Either way, the EBlast/WaterManip spam is a killer, and especially earthblast at medium / close range.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
I don't think this is very necessary.
2 reasons:

#1. Waterbenders should be able to "spam" or "watercamp" because it's how they bend. You can't go on land because plantbending and bottlebending are the only thing you can rely on. It's unfair to the waterbenders. Water camping should be reduced, I agree, but not in this way.
#2. Firebenders and Airbenders have a cooldown on most of their moves so they don't really need this. Besides Air can hardly kill with a longer cooldown. Fire can vary.

promancer

Verified Member
I don't think this is very necessary.
2 reasons:

#1. Waterbenders should be able to "spam" or "watercamp" because it's how they bend. You can't go on land because plantbending and bottlebending are the only thing you can rely on. It's unfair to the waterbenders. Water camping should be reduced, I agree, but not in this way.
#2. Firebenders and Airbenders have a cooldown on most of their moves so they don't really need this. Besides Air can hardly kill with a longer cooldown. Fire can vary.
Plus, it seems like this is just a way to bypass cooldowns set customary by the owner of that server. And, this doesn't make much sense. You can't take a nerf from life and not include a buff. Everything here can be done simply by changing the cooldowns of the moves in console. Unnecessary. At the least this belongs in the rpg section.

Last edited:

promancer

Verified Member
Also, spamming, like it or not, is a valid way of fighting. It shouldn't be up to pk to limit how someone fights simply because it's annoying. Also, if you hate watercamping, why don't you use production to pull them out, or simply chiblock them...

Kiam

Verified Member
On top of that, there are already cooldowns existent in the plugin. The person in charge of configuration can increase or decrease those cooldowns as they see fit. This post is bordering on the plugin turning into something like a magical MMO, where you have a limited amount of "energy" to use in a given amount of time, which we've said isn't going to be implemented into the plugin. The tools are already there for individuals to create something like this within the configuration using cooldowns and charge times.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
On top of that, there are already cooldowns existent in the plugin. The person in charge of configuration can increase or decrease those cooldowns as they see fit. This post is bordering on the plugin turning into something like a magical MMO, where you have a limited amount of "energy" to use in a given amount of time, which we've said isn't going to be implemented into the plugin. The tools are already there for individuals to create something like this within the configuration using cooldowns and charge times.
Actually with what this post is asking for can't be done, and I dont think it'd be a bad idea to have as at lease a config option.

Kiam

Verified Member
I dont think it'd be a bad idea to have as at lease a config option.
I mean I'm all for adding config options, I guess I'm just not a huge fan of the idea that you have to wait a long time to use a simple move... I dont see how it makes much sense personally.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I mean I'm all for adding config options, I guess I'm just not a huge fan of the idea that you have to wait a long time to use a simple move... I dont see how it makes much sense personally.
Oh. I was thinking of the wrong idea behind spamming and cooldowns.

Kiam

Verified Member
but, config options are bae, so... yeah

Kiam

Verified Member
Oh. I was thinking of the wrong idea behind spamming and cooldowns.
Personally, I think the whole "anti-bending spam" thing is just a cop out. There are tons of ways to combat spamming and people complain because they dont like how it's actually an effective way of killing. And then there are the salty people who aren't good at it, so they complain, only to be beaten again when the other person doesn't "spam". For instance, if someone is spamming watermanipulation, I just leave their range and hit them with a long ranged torrent. Same for earth, you can use earthsmash to do damage at a distance.

Kiam

Verified Member
and the same goes for alternate elements. A firebender can pick off an earth or water spammer using charged fireblast or combustion. An airbender can do the same using airswipe (charged or uncharged), airsweep (depending on the config) and airburst.

TheBlueSenpai

Verified Member
I love spam, I don't know about you, but I don't want this to be added in PK. I think you will not despise me for my opinion, but I think this is the place to find out what people think.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I love spam, I don't know about you, but I don't want this to be added in PK. I think you will not despise me for my opinion, but I think this is the place to find out what people think.
So are you saying that you love to spam? I personally don't like spammers- especially airswipe spammers (They're the reason why I hate airbenders with a passion)
Even so, I don't think this is needed in PK either. It seems a bit too rough- sometimes some benders will get into spam fights for a portion of the battle (WaterManip fights, Charged Fireblast, etc.) and sometimes, that's a crucial part in battle and also something that I find fun if it's a charged fireblast fight...
Overall, even though this is configurable, I really think that there isn't a need for this- if you're 1v1ing and you don't want spam, then set a no spam rule before you 1v1. If you're getting 2v1ed- then sometimes you need to spam to get a hold of the fight...

TheBlueSenpai

Verified Member
So are you saying that you love to spam? I personally don't like spammers- especially airswipe spammers (They're the reason why I hate airbenders with a passion)
Even so, I don't think this is needed in PK either. It seems a bit too rough- sometimes some benders will get into spam fights for a portion of the battle (WaterManip fights, Charged Fireblast, etc.) and sometimes, that's a crucial part in battle and also something that I find fun if it's a charged fireblast fight...
Overall, even though this is configurable, I really think that there isn't a need for this- if you're 1v1ing and you don't want spam, then set a no spam rule before you 1v1. If you're getting 2v1ed- then sometimes you need to spam to get a hold of the fight...
On all servers that I play in I'm being attacked by 2-3 people... . I'd want to see how would you have dealt with 3 people, don't using spamming.

Matt

Verified Member
As a simple fix, is it not possible we could all agree this could fit in rpg? and as an optional feature and super configurable by server owners? I think it would be cool if instead of cooldowns we have a "concentration" bar, like a mana bar in all rpg games.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
On all servers that I play in I'm being attacked by 2-3 people... . I'd want to see how would you have dealt with 3 people, don't using spamming.
It's actually not that hard for me- Fire has a decent amount of crowd control with WoF, Fireburst, and FireSpin... I'll use a charged fireblast two times in a row, maybe three at the max, then I'll switch to fireburst and WoF. You can say that I "spam", but I'm not using fireblast as my only offensive move...

Status
Not open for further replies.