• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied SoundBending (into airbending)

Should this be a new Element or In Airbending?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
In the spirit world, tenzin did not sound bend. He used normal airbending to awake the angry spirit. He blasted it with air from his hands to wake up the spirit in the cave

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
The plugin likes to keep their official moves cannon from what I have seen, and since this has yet to be shown in the show it isn't not counted as cannon.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
1) in a canon situation, you are right.
2) creating a soundwave or sonic boom would create a sound, as you could also create a thunder clap by moving a cool low density air selection into a hot high density air selection.
3) a sound such as sonic boom can affect vision by startling you, as well as affecting your brain.
4) dont be so picky.
5) stop being so mean. why is everyone mean to him
Gabe is.... an interesting case. There are lots of reasons why people are mean to him. He deserves most of it.

VCSunlit

Verified Member
1. Imagine how much air is needed tto create a "thunderclap". Only the nest of the best air bender can do so quick enough to actually make it a usefull attack.
2. The only time sound has been weaponized is on ships used to deter some whalers. A militaristc sound canon that uses a crap ton of energy and only imobolizes a few people for a short peripd of time. The victims were nauseous and may have had damage to their ear drums but the parts of the brain that interpret sound and sight are in different locations. The sound part may be confused but not the sight.
3. Airbenders cannot generate a sound loud enough for them to use offensively
4. Air benders cannot vibrate the individual air particles at the same interval that a soundwave does nor can they come close to doing so.
5. Sound is a form of energy that requires a medium( this medium isnt strictly air). If this is added to air, water benders should be able to do same thing if the opponent is in the water and same for earth benders.
6. Adding more medium for the wave to travel through will slow down the wave thus decreasing the vibration of particles. Aka: more air added to a sound will minimize its affect and taking away air cause the sound to have a somewhat higher intensity. The problem with this is that air benders cannot control where a7 sound goes.
7. I can be picky if i want
8. Im not being mean. Im defending myself. If youll read his post youll notice that he called me out first.
9. Its because hes an attention whore.

1) best*
2) stahp.
3) Pls Stahp.
4) jus' stap.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I agree with sky king. Sound can go through any and all mediums. Also, sound is produced when energy moves through a medium,

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I just like how you guys are trying to bring logic into a concept where people shoot fire out of their limbs and splash people with the help of their trusty moon spirit. When it comes down to it, the PK staff will add it whether or not it is a good idea. Not whether or not it is physically possible.
No that's not how it works.
1) if it's a bad idea they don't add it
2) If it breaks the series laws of physics, it won't be added.
3) You can't assume that because bending is a thing, physics aren't. If you they don't say something is different, then it's not.

vidant829

Verified Member
No that's not how it works.
1) if it's a bad idea they don't add it
2) If it breaks the series laws of physics, it won't be added.
3) You can't assume that because bending is a thing, physics aren't. If you they don't say something is different, then it's not.
There is logic behind sound bending that is supported by physics as long as bending in general is done by controlling vectors.

vidant829

Verified Member
That wouldn't be soundbending then. As you said, it would be manipulating air, not sound waves
I would call it sound bending due to what's being caused by the manipulation of those currents but in terms of actually controlling sound waves themselves, keep in mind that all they are is a transfer of energy from particle to particle. This means that Airbenders with ease could cause or direct such transfer since they control sound's primary medium of travel; air. Now also remember that we only perceive sound as what we hear because our ears uses hairs to feel the waves pattern and the brain translates it into a distinct noise. So by putting these two facts together and you can assume that an Airbender could with minimal effort, make whatever sound they so desire.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I would call it sound bending due to what's being caused by the manipulation of those currents but in terms of actually controlling sound waves themselves, keep in mind that all they are is a transfer of energy from particle to particle. This means that Airbenders with ease could cause or direct such transfer since they control sound's primary medium of travel; air. Now also remember that we only perceive sound as what we hear because our ears uses hairs to feel the waves pattern and the brain translates it into a distinct noise. So by putting these two facts together and you can assume that an Airbender could with minimal effort, make whatever sound they so desire.
Airbenders do not control molecules of air. So they can't. The closest you could get is controlling the pressure by their ears and giving them a pressure ache. I'm willing to compromise and give you that

Status
Not open for further replies.