• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied SoundBending (into airbending)

Should this be a new Element or In Airbending?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xX_FireGaming_Xx

Verified Member
Hello everyone i just want to put up a suggestion for rpg when it comes out. SoundBending (dont argue TheSkyKing u dont have a sky castle and ur not the sky king.) Left Click to play a random sound followed by 2 particles: ENCHANTMENT_TABLE. This will do 1 heart of damage but will surround whatever is hit with the sound you played when you left clicked. This could also give them nausea and blindness due to the sounds going over them. The player who is hit by the sound will be annoyed by the sounds and get Blindness and the nausea is the after affect when the sound goes away. Blindness and nausea will last for 8 seconds. This could go into airbending or be a new element. Im calling this soundbending ability: SoundBlast

Thnx for reading

Proof that this exist:
When Tenzin wakes up the angry spirit to save Jinora from the fog of lost souls.

vidant829

Verified Member
I'm into the idea of soundbending, though an idea I had for SoundBlast was if it were split in half at where an Airbender could either left click to create a high pitch note that would cause slowness for an individual or holds shift to create a low pitch note that would cause nausea for multiple.
EDIT: To go even further, I would also find it interesting if by right clicking on a block while shifting with SoundBlast; an Airbender would create a small sphere of osilating air on that block that will fire off air particles that as a whole would be in the form of a wave of sound for a configurable amount of time. Anything within range of this would recieve either blindness, nuasea or slowness.

Last edited:

xX_FireGaming_Xx

Verified Member
I'm into the idea of soundbending, though an idea I had for SoundBlast was if it were split in half at where an Airbender could either left click to create a high pitch note that would cause slowness for an individual or holds shift to create a low pitch note that would cause nausea for multiple.
accually thats an amazing idea!

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
1. Soundbending isnt a thing.
2. I already proved that air benders cant create sounds to hurt people nor can they manipulate sound.
3. How does a loud sound affect your sight? Does that mean that if look at the sun for too long Ill go deaf?
4. You're*
5. Gabe stop being salty about the grass lightning.
6. Its not an arguement if your case was already disproven

ghostsnyperrecon

Verified Member
2. I already proved that air benders cant create sounds to hurt people nor can they manipulate sound.
3. How does a loud sound affect your sight? Does that mean that if look at the sun for too long Ill go deaf?
4. You're*
1) in a canon situation, you are right.
2) creating a soundwave or sonic boom would create a sound, as you could also create a thunder clap by moving a cool low density air selection into a hot high density air selection.
3) a sound such as sonic boom can affect vision by startling you, as well as affecting your brain.
4) dont be so picky.
5) stop being so mean. why is everyone mean to him

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
1) in a canon situation, you are right.
2) creating a soundwave or sonic boom would create a sound, as you could also create a thunder clap by moving a cool low density air selection into a hot high density air selection.
3) a sound such as sonic boom can affect vision by startling you, as well as affecting your brain.
4) dont be so picky.
5) stop being so mean. why is everyone mean to him
1. Imagine how much air is needed tto create a "thunderclap". Only the nest of the best air bender can do so quick enough to actually make it a usefull attack.
2. The only time sound has been weaponized is on ships used to deter some whalers. A militaristc sound canon that uses a crap ton of energy and only imobolizes a few people for a short peripd of time. The victims were nauseous and may have had damage to their ear drums but the parts of the brain that interpret sound and sight are in different locations. The sound part may be confused but not the sight.
3. Airbenders cannot generate a sound loud enough for them to use offensively
4. Air benders cannot vibrate the individual air particles at the same interval that a soundwave does nor can they come close to doing so.
5. Sound is a form of energy that requires a medium( this medium isnt strictly air). If this is added to air, water benders should be able to do same thing if the opponent is in the water and same for earth benders.
6. Adding more medium for the wave to travel through will slow down the wave thus decreasing the vibration of particles. Aka: more air added to a sound will minimize its affect and taking away air cause the sound to have a somewhat higher intensity. The problem with this is that air benders cannot control where a7 sound goes.
7. I can be picky if i want
8. Im not being mean. Im defending myself. If youll read his post youll notice that he called me out first.
9. Its because hes an attention whore.

Helios

Verified Member
Perhaps high and low pressure zones can be displayed? Low pressure zones can maybe have the particles above bedrock? And high pressure zones can have regular air particles. If someone steps into a low pressure zone, they get speed 1 (because of less air resistance) and nausea + a half heart of damage a second? If someone steps into a high pressure zone, they can get slowness 1 and weakness 1 +taking a half heart of damage a second? Perhaps I should make a new thread for this...

Joeri

Verified Member
1. Imagine how much air is needed tto create a "thunderclap". Only the nest of the best air bender can do so quick enough to actually make it a usefull attack.
2. The only time sound has been weaponized is on ships used to deter some whalers. A militaristc sound canon that uses a crap ton of energy and only imobolizes a few people for a short peripd of time. The victims were nauseous and may have had damage to their ear drums but the parts of the brain that interpret sound and sight are in different locations. The sound part may be confused but not the sight.
4. Air benders cannot vibrate the individual air particles at the same interval that a soundwave does nor can they come close to doing so.
5. Sound is a form of energy that requires a medium( this medium isnt strictly air). If this is added to air, water benders should be able to do same thing if the opponent is in the water and same for earth benders.
6. Adding more medium for the wave to travel through will slow down the wave thus decreasing the vibration of particles. Aka: more air added to a sound will minimize its affect and taking away air cause the sound to have a somewhat higher intensity. The problem with this is that air benders cannot control where a7 sound goes.
8. Im not being mean. Im defending myself. If youll read his post youll notice that he called me out first.
Sound moves through the air, So air could manipulate the sounds

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
Sound moves through the air, So air could manipulate the sounds
Its not that simple. Sound waves dont move. The initial energy is transfered through the air and we hear the vibrations of the air particles. In otder for an air bemder to create/ manipulate sounds, he has to vibrate each air particle at a certain interval and due the same to each air particle until it reaches his opponent. Last time i checked, air benders cant bend on a molecular level so they cant manipulate.
Ex: im in marching band and i wanted to prove this theory. I had a trumpeter face a breeze and i was opposite him so his back was to me. Using your logic, the breeze should carry the soundwaves to me since he was playing into it and i should hear him normally although he isnt facing me. He played a Bflat and just heard muffled noise. Like ive said before, air benders cant control energy.

Helios

Verified Member
Its not that simple. Sound waves dont move. The initial energy is transfered through the air and we hear the vibrations of the air particles. In otder for an air bemder to create/ manipulate sounds, he has to vibrate each air particle at a certain interval and due the same to each air particle until it reaches his opponent. Last time i checked, air benders cant bend on a molecular level so they cant manipulate.
Ex: im in marching band and i wanted to prove this theory. I had a trumpeter face a breeze and i was opposite him so his back was to me. Using your logic, the breeze should carry the soundwaves to me since he was playing into it and i should hear him normally although he isnt facing me. He played a Bflat and just heard muffled noise. Like ive said before, air benders cant control energy.
Very good example m'friend.

BubbaTree

Verified Member
I just like how you guys are trying to bring logic into a concept where people shoot fire out of their limbs and splash people with the help of their trusty moon spirit. When it comes down to it, the PK staff will add it whether or not it is a good idea. Not whether or not it is physically possible.

Helios

Verified Member
I just like how you guys are trying to bring logic into a concept where people shoot fire out of their limbs and splash people with the help of their trusty moon spirit. But that's none of my business though.
Just trying to have this make a little sense bro.

Zephyrus_Arrow

Verified Member
Perhaps high and low pressure zones can be displayed? Low pressure zones can maybe have the particles above bedrock? And high pressure zones can have regular air particles. If someone steps into a low pressure zone, they get speed 1 (because of less air resistance) and nausea + a half heart of damage a second? If someone steps into a high pressure zone, they can get slowness 1 and weakness 1 +taking a half heart of damage a second? Perhaps I should make a new thread for this...
Maybe Airbenders should be able to gather more air or disperse it to create high and low pressure zones? Also, if they are in a Low-Pressure zone, let's say that everyone's physical non-bending attacks would do more damage, because of low air resistance, and that in High-Pressure areas, only airbending would get stronger because there would be more air in that one spot for an Airbender to utilize?
EDIT: I read that link Helios posted, and it mentioned that increased air pressure could rupture your lungs.

Last edited:

chazpants

Verified Member
First thing if you look at the element chart, sound is in fact classed as a sub element for air as it is only manipulating the frequency of the soundwaves in air. Ps. you lied about beating cucckoo he told me what actually happened

Helios

Verified Member
First thing if you look at the element chart, sound is in fact classed as a sub element for air as it is only manipulating the frequency of the soundwaves in air. Ps. you lied about beating cucckoo he told me what actually happened
That chart was fan-made. It has no real legitimacy at all.

xX_FireGaming_Xx

Verified Member
4. You're*
6. Its not an arguement if your case was already disproven
1). idc im over the stupid lightning thread

2). soundbending is real in harmonic convergence to wake up the angry spirit and idk why i added blindness im stupid for that (ik no argument)!

3).

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
First, i dont even know you.
Second, ive beaten Cucckoo more times than hes beaten me.

Status
Not open for further replies.