• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied SonarHearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pride

Verified Member
This is like Hypersensitivity and SeismicSense combined.
This move will start out with the user holding shift, and the screen will start flickering (this part's just for making it look cool), using Blindness in 4 layers, so it adds a white 'misty' look in the background. Plus Night Vision for bonus points.
Then they're completely blinded with only 1 layer of blindness, night vision and nausea, and nearby players are given glowing (including invisible players, but these will be given a blue glowing effect), all affecting for 10 seconds in a 30 block radius.

After the 10 seconds are up, or if the user stops shifting, the screen will start flickering again, and they will be able to see.

This is useful, so you can detect invisible players, and can see through blocks, but only for 10 seconds. SeismicSense would probably be longer, and less 'flickery'.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
This is like Hypersensitivity and SeismicSense combined.
You lost at "and SeismicSense" part. The Definition of that ability is "to sense and perceive vibrations in the earth". Don't see how's that have anything to do with airbending
This move will start out with the user holding shift, and the screen will start flickering (this part's just for making it look cool), using Blindness in 4 layers, so it adds a white 'misty' look in the background. Plus Night Vision for bonus points.
Then they're completely blinded with only 1 layer of blindness, night vision and nausea, and nearby players are given glowing (including invisible players, but these will be given a blue glowing effect), all affecting for 10 seconds in a 30 block radius.
After the 10 seconds are up, or if the user stops shifting, the screen will start flickering again, and they will be able to see.
Nuisances, unrealistic and incovenient. Why would an airbender have their vision foggy/misty up? And a temporarel blindless, ironically enough, would give a slight disadvantage of becoming invulnerable for in line of sight attacks. Especally when you didn't include the duration of it, but despite the fact If it were 1 second short I don't think its gonna change much.
This is useful, so you can detect invisible players, and can see through blocks, but only for 10 seconds. SeismicSense would probably be longer, and less 'flickery'.
For invisible player, I agree on that and I think concept designers shoud look into this idea and implant as a passive. To detect these particles there could be airbenders following the invisible target that only the airbender can "sense" (portraying as while literally you see them).

As for seeing through blocks, that doesn't make sense and goes back to my first point - how's that have anything to do with airbending?

Pride

Verified Member
You lost at "and SeismicSense" part. The Definition of that ability is "to sense and perceive vibrations in the earth". Don't see how's that have anything to do with airbending
Wasn't stating the definition, stating the abilities of both moves.

Nuisances, unrealistic and incovenient. Why would an airbender have their vision foggy/misty up? And a temporarel blindless, ironically enough, would give a slight disadvantage of becoming invulnerable for in line of sight attacks. Especally when you didn't include the duration of it, but despite the fact If it were 1 second short I don't think its gonna change much.
Uh yeah, no. I really don't care about that, I just want it to make it look, more, "cool". Remove that, and it's just gonna be full on blindness when you hold shift, and it's like a total ripoff of my other suggestion "SeismicSense".

As for seeing through blocks, that doesn't make sense and goes back to my first point - how's that have anything to do with airbending?
Can't help with that, glowing already does what it does. Don't you know how it works? :p

Pride

Verified Member
Anyways, what I'm trynna suggest here, is to allow Airbenders to make use of their ability of Hypersensitivity, but since duplicating the effect of "sensing" the trajectory of the nearing projectile or move coming at them is difficult, more or less impossible, since 1.) stopping time in Minecraft doesn't exist yet, 2.) leaving a projectile in suspended animation while also making it so the user with SonarHearing can see, on top of that, making it so the predator can't see it, is both ugly and difficult.

So instead of doing that, why not make it like SeismicSense, but more "cooler", shorter in range and duration, and etc.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Wasn't stating the definition, stating the abilities of both moves.
Well you were stating a term that stands by that definition.
Uh yeah, no. I really don't care about that, I just want it to make it look, more, "cool". Remove that, and it's just gonna be full on blindness when you hold shift, and it's like a total ripoff of my other suggestion "SeismicSense".
Well I don't find it cool. I did imply that blindness should be left in. Just have it show particles, that can be seen by only the user (to portray that the user can only sense the camouflage opponents), to the invisible entity instead of the glowstone/glow, and there you go - it doesn't ripoff anything from the SeismicSense counterpart.
Can't help with that, glowing already does what it does. Don't you know how it works? :p
I do know how it works. I'm just saying particles can make it stand out from Seismic Sense, as PK have plans to have tremorsense work glow-inducing soon in later builds.

Pride

Verified Member
Well you were stating a term that stands by that definition.
Are you really trying to prove yourself right that I stated "It's like Hypersensitivity and SeismicSense combined" as a definition? I know what I said there, and it's nothing like a definition. There's no term I stated that says anything about 'defining' or 'detailing'.

Well I don't find it cool. I did imply that blindness should be left in. Just have it show particles, that can be seen by only the user (to portray that the user can only sense the camouflage opponents), to the invisible entity instead of the glowstone/glow, and there you go - it doesn't ripoff anything from the SeismicSense counterpart.
Of course you don't find it cool. Anyways, sure, blindness is supposed to be key in this move, anyways. Glowstone's light isn't anything like the Glowing effect, tf. The glowing effect adds an aura around players or mobs that can be seen even with blindness and night vision.

I do know how it works. I'm just saying particles can make it stand out from Seismic Sense, as PK have plans to have tremorsense work glow-inducing soon in later builds.
It's written all over your face, man. You don't know how Blindness Nightvision and Glowing works. If you do, then you should know you can't see particles when you're in Blindness and Nightvision. And by the way, it's not Blindness/Nightvision 1, 2 or 3. It's gonna be 255, so it's gonna be totally dark.
Oh, and: including***.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Sonar would never work through blocks as Sonar is based upon reflected sound waves on surfaces. It cannot permeate solid substances to the degree of being able to detect things behind it.

The idea that an air bender can use sonar is simply too stretched for me to visualize, I don't see it as possible just because they can feel the wind currents with their heads to an above normal degree.

Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.