• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Some waterspout ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterFan99

Hey guys i know this might sound crazy or too overpowered, but i've been thinking for a while. I think waterspout should be able to go on land, but have a durtation (configurable). let me explain, Say a waterbender started spouting on water during a fight, lets say an earthbender. He raises the earth beneth the lake so you would fall, but with my idea this would give some more balance by giving your waterspout a ''land durtation'' for x many seconds. (configurable). After the time is up your waterspout would dissapear and you would fall, hoping you land in water in time before it runs out (lol). Also this would make waterspout a much more offence ability in spout fights since you can't source under them, so you have to shoot directly. this could cause redirection tactics for spout insted of spamming manip on their feet to break it. I'm suggesting this because i think it would be a good addition to waterspout. (sorry for the many spell errors lol i'm so sleepy). Leave your thoughts in the comments!

xoxo- waterfan99

paliate

maybe it wouldn't if it was done with rain particles or something of that sort, but otherwise i agree with finn.
it would look terrible.

Kiam

I think that if you travel onto land, the waterspout kind of pours out from under you; You lose altitude, and flowing water flows from the base of the spout, and once you hit the ground, all of the water dissipates.

6tijn

I think that if you travel onto land, the waterspout kind of pours out from under you; You lose altitude, and flowing water flows from the base of the spout, and once you hit the ground, all of the water dissipates.
Yes. That would really balance it. I think it should maybe take 3+- seconds until the spout has gone completely gone and you land on the ground safely?

I also have an addition to this!

When your spout is loosing height because you entered land, you can go to your Torrent, WaterWave or Octopusform slot and hold shift Before your spout water has completely sunk in the ground. The water of your spout would transform into a Torrent/OctopusForm/WaterWave (the not actiavted one) !
In this way you could reuse the water instead of letting that much of water just disappear into thin air. o-o

Kiam

Yes. That would really balance it. I think it should maybe take 3+- seconds until the spout has gone completely gone and you land on the ground safely?

I also have an addition to this!

When your spout is loosing height because you entered land, you can go to your Torrent, WaterWave or Octopusform slot and hold shift Before your spout water has completely sunk in the ground. The water of your spout would transform into a Torrent/OctopusForm/WaterWave (the not actiavted one) !
In this way you could reuse the water instead of letting that much of water just disappear into thin air. o-o
I wouldnt go as far as do that. Only because with moves like waterwave, you cant currently do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.