• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

So... Is ProjectKorra going to Sponge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silentnate347

Verified Member
Recently a new server software called Sponge was created. Its basicly a fork of the old server softwares but it doesnt rely on any of bukkits code. (spongepowered.org) It can run both forge mods and plugins. Just wondering if it was going to work for sponge... Thanks for reading c:

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Firstly, nothing has been fully decided about whether bukkit/spigot is gone or not. Secondly, sponge is nowhere near where it would need to be for this plugin to work properly.

ServerElementals

Verified Member
plus with microsoft now in control, i doubt that they would let somedisgruntled developer bring one of the biggest factors of minecraft down. I reckon spigot will be back up soon as well as bukkit.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
If a solid replacement -- and at this point it looks like Sponge -- creates an API that is usable and stable, we'll switch to that. I don't see Bukkit coming back anytime soon, the community is practically dead. The entire BukkitDev Staff, myself included, has resigned and just sitting in the chats it definitely appears dead. The community has been scared away due to poor management by Mojang, and I fear it may be too late for Microsoft to turn it around.

So in time could ProjectKorra be ported to Sponge? Yes. I absolutely detest Bukkit as of late and can't wait to switch, however, I'll keep personal feelings aside to do what is best for the community. I will wait until we have stable versions of Sponge before we do anything.

kadika661

Verified Member
spigot it will be back and if you like it now 1.8 now just use carbon [for 1.8 blocks and items and mobs] .

Status
Not open for further replies.