• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

So, about the new Chi moves...

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
(Disclaimer: You've been doing a great job with the plugin so far, but that doesn't mean people won't dislike certain parts of it. This is the case for me. I am probably going to sound incredibly rude, but creators should be prepared for both positive AND negative feedback. Apologies in advance, I mean no harm.)

I really, really, really dislike the new chi moves and combo.

From the beginning, chi was always about punching. The bending blocking passive, Paralyze, and Rapidpunch make that pretty clear. Rightfully so; in the show, that's what chiblockers excell at. However, I highly disagree with adding two pointless "filler" moves that pretty much do the exact same, only for the purpose of adding a better Paralyze as combo.

QuickStrike is pretty much a basic punch. It does nothing; all it does, is giving you a chance of blocking chi. We've had that as a passive, I see no reason whatsoever for adding it to a move that does the exact same damage as a normal punch. A passive bound to a slot, only to that slot.

SwiftKick deals a tiny bit more damage than QuickStrike, requires you to jump and has a certain default cooldown that restricts you from reliably using it. Again, it's literally just a punch. A punch. A slightly better QuickStrike.

With all do respect, these moves are worthless and just lazy. They are pretty much normal punches, (which is already a no-go for me, personally, chi now has 4 moves which punch) added for the sole reason of an extended Paralyze, which is incredibly difficult to execute properly and by the time you do, your target is already dead from the countless punches.

Chi needs utility moves, heck, any move that doesn't require a punch. Useless filler moves are not what chi needs.

/rant

CriLizElf

I very much agree with you. Chiblockers already have enough damaging/punching moves for the time being and I would LOVE to see some utility. I mean there's the grappling hook but in the show. Chiblockers used all sorts of stuff. Maybe make more craftable items like electric gloves, or these thingsdownload.jpg

Kiam

Verified Member
The intention of these moves were to replace current moves and change chiblocking fundamentally. It was not executed like it was designed. The original goal of these moves was to open the gates to better and more realistic chi combos. This is because chiblocking is a very combo-centered fighting style, as shown in the series. There are specific points you have to hit on the body to chiblock successfully. This is emulated by the reworked chiblocking. However, the other moves are not being removed, which was a huge part of the redesign. I can see where you're frustrated, and I agree that there needs to be a change.

V

Vidcom

Literally exactly what Kiam said. The reason the combos and moves show effects that seem to be the same as Paralyze/RapidPunch yet are more complex to achieve is because originally, Paralyze and RapidPunch as standalone moves were to be removed, replaced with new effects. As a result, chiblockers would be quite literally using punches and kicks to achieve effects, much like any martial art in real life, with some chiblocking magic thrown in because we don't have benders IRL so it's hard to compare in this respect. Not all moves were going to removed; HighJump was meant to stay, and stay it has.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I have to agree with this post. It seems as though the moves provided were suppose to make Chi-Blockers happy. There have been a lot of Chi move suggestions, but this is not the best that I think you guys could have done. I understand that you were trying to make combos, but there's much more to chi than just punches and kicks. That may have been all that Ty Lee used, but the Chi-Blockers from TLoK used Gas Bombs (already added as SmokeScreen), Bolas (not added), Electric Gloves (added in the form of a Custom Move called Electrocute), and those disc thingies that electrocute people (not added). Equalists had plenty of tricks up their sleeves, and I believe that the same should hold true for Chi-Blockers in the plugin. This wouldn't work well in the form of more punches and kicks. I don't hate the combos, I think they're kinda nice, but I feel like Chi is getting neglected. I can only hope that you have much more planned for us. You're doing a great job otherwise though :D

V

Vidcom

I have to agree with this post. It seems as though the moves provided were suppose to make Chi-Blockers happy. There have been a lot of Chi move suggestions, but this is not the best that I think you guys could have done. I understand that you were trying to make combos, but there's much more to chi than just punches and kicks. That may have been all that Ty Lee used, but the Chi-Blockers from TLoK used Gas Bombs (already added as SmokeScreen), Bolas (not added), Electric Gloves (added in the form of a Custom Move called Electrocute), and those disc thingies that electrocute people (not added). Equalists had plenty of tricks up their sleeves, and I believe that the same should hold true for Chi-Blockers in the plugin. This wouldn't work well in the form of more punches and kicks. I don't hate the combos, I think they're kinda nice, but I feel like Chi is getting neglected. I can only hope that you have much more planned for us. You're doing a great job otherwise though :D
Remember that Project Korra Items exists currently, all items you just mentioned can literally be created with ease now by server owners.