• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Snowballs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I'm not sure if I'm the only one who has thought of this, but I decided to make a thread about it. Since water benders can bend snow, why not give them the ability to make snowballs? All you have to do is tap shift while looking at anything waterbendable and they would get 1 snowball per use. There would be a codlin of about 0.5 seconds between each use. I think that the snowballs that a water bender creates could have special properties like give the target slowness, or maybe they do extra knockback. The negative effects of the snowballs are only applied to the target if you use the snowball within 5 seconds of using it. You guys can comment with your own ideas, or with any improvements you think this move needs. Thank You! :D

I just found this GIF and thought I'd add it to the post:

Last edited:

vidant829

Verified Member
I'm into this idea for its potential as a useful utility ability but instead of having to rely on snow alone for this ability to function, I feel that this would be more useful if all water mediums could be used. Otherwise I agree with the cooldown you offered but would also recommend putting a timer for how long the snowball would have a special property Whether it be slowness or knockback.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm into this idea for its potential as a useful utility ability but instead of having to rely on snow alone for this ability to function, I feel that this would be more useful if all water mediums could be used. Otherwise I agree with the cooldown you offered but would also recommend putting a timer for how long the snowball would have a special property Whether it be slowness or knockback.
What about selectief a source (maybe multiple) and when you click, you shoot snowballs from it (the amount of snowballs depends on the sources). Btw, I think throwing snowballs coming from water would look kinda derpy tho. I suggest it's only possible to get from ice or snow.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I can add this to the original post, and thanks for the feedback :D

owlcool

Verified Member
I would think that this would be a good idea, buuut the special snow properties should be limited to waterbenders. That is only way it makes sense.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I like this as like others do. I recall that korra blocked the snowball by vapouring it ,so would the phasechange shift tapping vaporise the snowball in air while aiming at it (when its being lauched at you at that time)? Cuz that would be cool

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I think with this move it could be something along the the lines of being on top of snow/near it and when you click a snowball just forms and is thrown from your hand (a little bit of particles to show this), that way it isn't actually giving the player items that they could go and build an igloo with.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
I don't like the idea of getting snow in areas that aren't cold enough, but overall it's got my attention!

Some servers do not allow building in their arenas though, so perhaps making snow blocks should be disabled with these waterbent snowballs?

Kiam

Verified Member
I like this idea, but it seems extraneous to include this in the main plugin. I do love the idea and would personally love to see it made (for RP and comical reasons) but I think that it would do best as an addon.

Status
Not open for further replies.