• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Shifting Function For MetalClips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorite

Verified Member
Hello! I thought I would go more in depth in what I was thinking. This move contains spoilers from the most recent LOK episode. So, be prepared. Please say your opinion on this! Thanks! This thread will contains spoilers.
Okay, we all know that you can use metalclips on others, but it would be a nice edition if we allowed it to be used on the person. This was shown in the most recent episode of Legend Of Korra. Suyin used it while fighting Kuvira.
Ex:

It seemed to give her better agility and protection. We could possibly incorporate this as a move. Basically, you could still have the one piece of metal ingot = one piece of armor, but with different effects. When you shift once, you could gain the chestplate which could give speed one. Next, you could get the boots which could give jump boost one. The leggings could add to the speed by one, and the helmet could add to the jump boost by one. With the full set of armor, you should be able to have jump boost two and speed two. (There could be a config option where it says something like PotionEffectLevelPerArmorPiece:X) This could basically decided how much the potion effect is raised when you add to your armor. Also, there could be a config opintion that's less wordy, and it could be either a true or false thing. It will basically decide if the player (user) can bend with the armor (possible name; CanBendWithArmor[true:false]) The cooldown on this should be in default very long. The cooldown could activate once your window of time to put another piece of armor on ends. It could be around 5 seconds. After all, it should a bit of energy to use armor to pull yourself around.
That's it! Thanks for reading. If you have any questions, just ask!

Last edited:

chazpants

Verified Member
I don't see how metal gave her extra powers it's just another version of earth armour but metal armour

Majorite

Verified Member
I don't see how metal gave her extra powers it's just another version of earth armour but metal armour
Oh, sorry I was a bit unclear on that.
I believe that she has more agility because she is bending the armor to make her more light-weight. In the show, it wasn't really shown that earth armour makes you able to weight less. It actually appeared that earth made you heavier even if you were bending it as armour. The way I picture it is that earth provides protection and is broad while metal is lighter weight and allows for speed.

chazpants

Verified Member
Oh, sorry I was a bit unclear on that.
I believe that she has more agility because she is bending the armor to make her more light-weight. In the show, it wasn't really shown that earth armour makes you able to weight less. It actually appeared that earth made you heavier even if you were bending it as armour. The way I picture it is that earth provides protection and is broad while metal is lighter weight and allows for speed.
But wouldn't that mean her speed is the same before she wears the armour?

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
No, from the clip you can see she is almost like an airbender. She is bending the metal on herself to jump higher and run faster in my theory.
I like it, but... you say that she is bending the armor to make herself light-weight, well then the speed buff that you get should stop when you bend, but when your running you regain the speed ;)

Kwesi

Verified Member
I've been thinking about your idea and it inspired an idea which I will throw out there to see what people think.

This ability looks to me less like an alternate function of MetalClips and more of variant of EarthArmor: Sue used a plate of metal as a shield before she bend it onto her body, there was no use of MetalClips. That being stated, I think this could be a factor to implement to EarthArmor. The Metal Armor could differ in use to EarthArmor: when the ability is used from a metal source the MetalArmor will appear on the torso and legs but not the whole body (not helmet or boots). Its protective qualities will lack comapred to EarthArmor, offering resistance I rather than resistance II, however, it will compensate with enhanced speed and agility. When breaking into a sprint they will gain speed boost I and jumping boost I. The boost would not be renewed when they have stopped sprinting (these values could be configurable for convenience).

I suggest this to add diversity to EarthArmor and have it benefit the earthbender in different ways that are logical and fully canon. I hope this makes sense. :)

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
I've been thinking about your idea and it inspired an idea which I will throw out there to see what people think.

This ability looks to me less like an alternate function of MetalClips and more of variant of EarthArmor: Sue used a plate of metal as a shield before she bend it onto her body, there was no use of MetalClips. That being stated, I think this could be a factor to implement to EarthArmor. The Metal Armor could differ in use to EarthArmor: when the ability is used from a metal source the MetalArmor will appear on the torso and legs but not the whole body (not helmet or boots). Its protective qualities will lack comapred to EarthArmor, offering resistance I rather than resistance II, however, it will compensate with enhanced speed and agility. When breaking into a sprint they will gain speed boost I and jumping boost I. The boost would not be renewed when they have stopped sprinting (these values could be configurable for convenience).

I suggest this to add diversity to EarthArmor and have it benefit the earthbender in different ways that are logical and fully canon. I hope this makes sense. :)
Good idea.

HydroMan

Verified Member
^^^ except on Toph case, she used it as a full set of armor? Maybe the Shield thing standalone ability (used iron trapdoors) which will be re-usable in metal armor, will only give you chestplate and leggings, because that's how it worked for Suyin, of the lack size the source was.

Status
Not open for further replies.