• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Shield vs Chi Blocking

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Well while you're blocking with the shield, you can't attack at all right? And while you're just holding it idk... If you can swing your sword around while holding it why can't you punish it? Maybe make the chances of blocking someones chi less (Like from 50% to 10% for example) but I don't think it should completely remove the chances.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'm talking about defending yourself from a chi blocker's attacks, not using chi blockers move yourself whilst with the shield :D

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I'm talking about defending yourself from a chi blocker's attacks, not using chi blockers move yourself whilst with the shield :D
Well even then, aren't all attacks blocked while holding up the shield? It's been a while since I've used one personally so I don't remember. If their punches are blocked by default then they shouldn't worry about it.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well even then, aren't all attacks blocked while holding up the shield? It's been a while since I've used one personally so I don't remember. If their punches are blocked by default then they shouldn't worry about it.
I don't think so. Can you test it? I'm pretty sure regardless in what condition you are chi blocked (like armor), you still get the effects.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well this is what wiki claims:

"Shields are used for blocking incoming attacks. Using one causes the player to slow to a sneaking pace, and blockable attacks coming from in front of the player will deal no damage under any circumstances. When the shield blocks an attack, it takes damage equal to the strength of the attack (rounded down) plus 1. Some non-damage effects of ranged attacks (such as being set on fire by a fireball) are prevented, while others (such as being set on fire by a flaming arrow) are not. Knockback from projectiles is prevented, but not from melee attacks. When a melee attack is blocked, the attacker may be knocked back slightly."