• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Seko's water idea emporium (combos, combinations, new moves)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
When it comes to adding more moves, I honestly think combos are the way to go. Adding a new slot move here and there would be fine, but I don't think there should be too many, when you can just fit them into combos. They allow for a smoother transition in moves, going from one move to the next( which how a lot of waterbending fights go, as well as most other elements).It still allows for variation of moves in a fight, as well as allowing those more skilled at their element to keep improving, and learning more combos.

Faetriax

Verified Member
I don't like this idea 100%. I like it because, like stated, it would save space to have all the moves. I don't like it however because each move has uniqueness. Merging those different abilities will strip each one from their uniqueness. I'd say no overall.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I like the being able to heal other players with healingwaters, but I think it should still be a passive ability

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
WaterWave and WaterSpout are already combined. The combination of moves has already been suggested before, I believe so anyways.

Fuzzy

Verified Member
Each move is a different technique. Plus of which, there's no telling how many moves we might make. They simply won't all fit on 9 slots.
I agree with Alex on this one, every bender has their own bending technique. If we clump all the moves together, everyone will just use the same moves and combos. If they continue to expand past the 9 slots, everyone's hot-bars are bound with different abilities. Also, with the additions of add-on abilities, none of the elements are actually going to be "balanced." One server could have 16 Earthbending abilities and 11 Waterbedning abilities, because of add-on abilities. So in my opinion, if everything gets clumped together, you have no diversity across the bending server. Everyone will just have the same attacks/defenses.

6tijn

Verified Member
I really want this. I want this for all elements. All.
Like earth= earthgrab and eartarmor to gether
air= airscooter and airshield to gether

So Everythign fits in 9 slots!

EndersShadows

Verified Member
While I agree that having as few moves take up slots as possible. I quite like having a wide variety of attacks to choose from. Say I am suddenly gonna be put up against a fire bender. Normally I take a spouting style approach - so this means I need long range attacks. I would bind accordingly and prepare myself for the battle. On the other hand, I am about to go against an airbender - I take a close up and in your face approach to this, so I would need to bind iceblast or the like.

By having a large arsenal to water you can have different types of people. It would also emphasize sizing up your opponent before attacking. Such as examining their current binds and changing according to what they will do. <- This explains waterbenders extremely well. We like to flow and change depending on our surroundings or opponents.

Some of us may be lazy and think these are a good idea, but water is the element of change. So I love the idea of preparing myself before battle by binding abilities to match which style I will attack with.

;) Enough rambling from me, I like the idea, and I don't like it. I will vote yes though, as they are well thought out ideas.

6tijn

Verified Member
It's true waht you say, but to me it seems unfair that air and fire can put all their attacks on their total slot bar, and use combos, and that water and earth have to choose between them. Fire and air always have acces to all their abilities. Water and earth not.

Status
Not open for further replies.