• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Sandbending Move

Status
Not open for further replies.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Sand Grip:
This is a basic sandbending tactic. By solidifying the sand around your feet, you can prevent any and all attacks from pushing you away. This will keep you up close to your target, ready to fight at a moments notice. To use, simply have the slot selected and tap shift. Sandstone particles will circle your feet, and keep you from being pushed away for three seconds. If you hold shift, then you will stay in place for as long as you are holding shift. Remember, you can switch slots and use other moves while gripping the sand. This move also has no cooldown.

This move would primarily be used to counter moves such as airburst, surge, or any other move that does knockback. This move has no offensive uses, but is categorized as a defense/utility move.

Configurable Stats:
Duration: 3 seconds

Visual:

Last edited:

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
You can always just earthgrab before the move hits you and you'll stay within the earthgrab.
EDIT: So what I'm saying is that this move isn't very useful..

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Just because they added sandbending doesn't mean we should be adding moves that aren't really needed.
I thought it did, and I will stick to my own opinion thank you very much. If you don't like this move, could you suggest how to make it better, or if you don't like it at all then you are wasting time on this thread.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I thought it did, and I will stick to my own opinion thank you very much. If you don't like this move, could you suggest how to make it better, or if you don't like it at all then you are wasting time on this thread.
I'm telling you what has been on many many denied threads... If something can already do the job, they won't add another move for it.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I'm telling you what has been on many many denied threads... If something can already do the job, they won't add another move for it.
I've never seen this move suggested before. If there is a thread with this same move on it, could you provide a link please?

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
That's not what I meant.. I was saying that if a move in the plugin can already do what this move is doing, it won't be added.
You can't know that for sure. That's like saying that just because a coin landed on heads five times before, you think that it's going to land on heads again. You can't just come on this thread, and say you don't like the move, then keep talking about why this move shouldn't be added. Just state your opinion if you feel so strongly about it, then leave. Plus there's a first time for everything, this move could be well received by some people, but if not I have plenty of other ideas. I'm never willing to give up ;)

EndersShadows

Verified Member
I actually like it.

Consider this, zmeduna; Earthgrab creates a big ass wall that can't be removed without collapse, this with some tweaking, could be used with a single click and your stuck in a single spot for a some period of time. At the same time if you're fighting a waterbender to avoid being torrented into the water, you use this. Instead of creating a huge wall that stops your assault, you have this.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Omg this is so Toph in the desert *-* one idea! :D if u click with this move at someone, THEY will be stuck on a slab (which can ba destroid or else it would be op)

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
I think that this would work with particles much better than with actual blocks. A small circle of sand particles could be summon at the players feet.
It also seemed that the sand benders could do this wile performing other tasks so I think that the following mechanics should be considered:
1) Press shift and you would be hold down for 3 seconds ;
2) Hold shift and this would effect you for as long as you're holding shift ;

Also I don't think this should have a cooldown as it all ready requires the bender to be on earth bendable blocks.
Personally I believe this is a great idea and is a neat addition to the so far ignored earth sub - sand bending.
You can always just earthgrab before the move hits you and you'll stay within the earthgrab.
With earth grab there is also a slight chance that you could block yourself with your enemy wile this only effect you the bender.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I think that this would work with particles much better than with actual blocks. A small circle of sand particles could be summon at the players feet.
It also seemed that the sand benders could do this wile performing other tasks so I think that the following mechanics should be considered:
1) Press shift and you would be hold down for 3 seconds ;
2) Hold shift and this would effect you for as long as you're holding shift ;

Also I don't think this should have a cooldown as it all ready requires the bender to be on earth bendable blocks.
Personally I believe this is a great idea and is a neat addition to the so far ignored earth sub - sand bending.

With earth grab there is also a slight chance that you could block yourself with your enemy wile this only effect you the bender.
I will add your suggestions to the main post. Thanks :D

DanStryder

Verified Member
EDIT: So what I'm saying is that this move isn't very useful..

Good sir, he was referring to knockback, trust me that's a good ability to have... Try using an item with the noKnockback attribute on and have someone attack you. Means you can attack and NOT get thrown into a wall... AirBurst is a killer as of recent, okay it's even more of a killer, what if you were to pushed partially then you lift the earthgrab then you hit your own wall...

HydroMan

Verified Member
I still preferr leather boots instead of a particles or the stone slab (particles would be ok together with leather boots as it would add the blowing sand animation while the boots are formed from dripping sand)

Status
Not open for further replies.