• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Sand Bending

Status
Not open for further replies.

6tijn

Verified Member
To use this move, you need sand (duh). The bender has to stand on a surface of minimum 5x5 or 25 sandblcoks.

To start up the move you need to press shift. If there is enough sand, a circle of sand will blast upwards. When you release shift they'll drop down and stay there at a lower height, until you use SandLine or SandArch. This is like that so you see that you have selected and activated the move. You can only hold this for 5 seconds maximum and it blocks uncharged attacks. If some one touches it he wil blowen backwards, similar to airshield, but slightly weaker. If nothing happened, there were no enough sand resources.

The start up:2014-10-28_15.55.40.png

Once you have activated the move, there are two options you can do with this move.

SandLine: When holding shift a line of sand will appear from where you stand to the derection of where you're looking at. The line is slightly curvable and rederectable. If it hits someone he will get launched backwards, up to 5 blocks. It would deal 1.0/1.5 hearts of demage. You can also use it to block poeple who run away by turning the line around them. When they hit the line sideways, they will just get a small knockback. When you release sneak, the line stops. It has a 20 block range.

For this move you need teh start up.

The line:2014-10-28_16.10.31.png

The line when curved, blocking the path of 2 steves:
2014-10-28_16.10.54.png

SandArch: When you left click, you will create a small arch of sand, launched in the derection you looked at while clicking. This is a deffensive move. It only deals 0.5 to 1.0 demage, throwing the hit player back up to 10 blocks.

For this move you need the start up.

The arch of sand:
2014-10-28_15.56.18.png

Move that does not need the start up, and can be created from distances.

SandEruption: When you are on the SandBending slot, you tap sneak and a small line (same size as raiseearth) will get blown in the air. This can be used to launch yourself or someone else is the air, and deal 0.5 demage. Like 5 blocks high. You also use this to confuse someone who is coming in your derection. There needs to be sand on the place you're looking at while tapping shift.

This has a cooldown of 3-5 seconds.

SandEruption:2014-10-28_15.56.25.png

SandBending would use sand particles, instead of sand blcosk, giving it an unique look. The glass represents the sand particles. It may look a lot, but it wouldn't be as much particles as IceBlast, creating so much lag. I think the lag it could created would be similar to airburst and fireburst.

These moves share one slot, to make it practical. How ever, if everyone thinks that is not neccesary, I wouldn't mind splitting it up to 2 slots, like LavaBending.

Where is this is the series?
Well, the SandBenders ofcourse c:
I got the SandLine idea from TLK season 4 episode 2
(spoiler!) When Korra ran over the beach chasing those 2 bandits who stole something; One of them used a line of sand to knock Korra out.

I'm open for additions or improvement etc.!!!

Last edited:

Kwesi

Verified Member
Okay, I have to say I really like the sound of these abilities. You provided great details and visuals and I can really understand the extent of your suggestion. The only think I'm thinking about bending all that sand in Minecraft is...would it glitch out a lot, being subject to gravity and all?

orfeas

Verified Member
Okay, I have to say I really like the sound of these abilities. You provided great details and visuals and I can really understand the extent of your suggestion. The only think I'm thinking about bending all that sand in Minecraft is...would it glitch out a lot, being subject to gravity and all?
Yeah but still sand particles can be used,but of course that might lag.

6tijn

Verified Member
Wel, if it would be sandblcoks... That just wouldn't look as great as with sand particles, but I understand the lag thing. I hope some idea might pop up to someone to get rid of that issue. i don't know anything about coding to fix that.

owlcool

Verified Member
Just a quick issue with this, if they just turned and ran into it backwards they would be knocked though the sandline. Just saying. If the staff actually listened to my bug report on the glitched knockback, it would be different. Each bit of burning while being burned by fire does the same amount of knockback as the original fireblast. And it always sends you backwards and stops you from sprinting.

Adam

Verified Member
Just a quick issue with this, if they just turned and ran into it backwards they would be knocked though the sandline. Just saying. If the staff actually listened to my bug report on the glitched knockback, it would be different. Each bit of burning while being burned by fire does the same amount of knockback as the original fireblast. And it always sends you backwards and stops you from sprinting.
Well, happy i'm not alone with this annoying fire knockback problem!
I have some troubles with catapult because of fire. :/

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Project Korra handles sand entities differently (or that is what I think it does)
Ex: when an earthbender uses earthsmash under them it knocks them up and when they land on the boulder it becomes sand to prevent fall damage. But the boulder is not affected by gravity even do it is sand.
I think this is because of the falling sand and TNT entities settings in the config file.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Project Korra handles sand entities differently (or that is what I think it does)
Ex: when an earthbender uses earthsmash under them it knocks them up and when they land on the boulder it becomes sand to prevent fall damage. But the boulder is not affected by gravity even do it is sand.
I think this is because of the falling sand and TNT entities settings in the config file.
If what you say is true then perhaps these abilities could work in some way.

Joeri

Verified Member
Yes, add please

In the show Sandbending and Earthbending seemed like a whole different thing, Toph couldnt do it and the movements of sand were way more fluid and flexible

I've always wanted some kind of SandBending. Maybe the blocks could be sandstone?

Kwesi

Verified Member
Yes, add please

In the show Sandbending and Earthbending seemed like a whole different thing, Toph couldnt do it and the movements of sand were way more fluid and flexible

I've always wanted some kind of SandBending. Maybe the blocks could be sandstone?
Toph learned how to do it eventually, but she had to adapt. You're right though, it's a different style of earthbending that requires a different method of practice.

6tijn

Verified Member
Yes, add please

Then it would look liek wallbending... I think, if any sandbending move would get added, it should be one with sand particles. With SandParticles it looks like the bender actuually bends every granola of sand, and move it fluid etc. If it are blocks, it won't have that 'SandBending' look. :/

Joeri

Verified Member
Then it would look liek wallbending... I think, if any sandbending move would get added, it should be one with sand particles. With SandParticles it looks like the bender actuually bends every granola of sand, and move it fluid etc. If it are blocks, it won't have that 'SandBending' look. :/
True

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I totally agree with you, but it would lagg the crap out of me I think:/

Status
Not open for further replies.