• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Reworked Beguile

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
If you know the meaning of Beguile, you probably get what this is about. This move, Beguile, will only be accessable to waterbenders (and waterbending avatars) in the Spirit World. A water source block will be accessed, then the bender will tap shift. Then, it would jet out like tendrils on an OctopusForm. It would then grab ahold of all nearby spirits (players [spirits] will be forced to follow/help and be thrown around). Then, it would befriend them. At that point, then tentacles go back into the single source block, and simply fade away. Then, that spirit will harvest blocks for you, mine for you, farm for you, and protect you, etc. This never actually happened in the show, but Unalaq DID make the spirits befriend him and fight for him using "spirit"bending. The spirits would also be able to leave the grasp of the bender. They can turn evil using a command like /b s corrupt. Then, they could attack the bender. If they killed the bender, the bender was "immobilized" for a minute or so, and the spirit would turn pure and could go free.
http://projectkorra.com/threads/water-beguile.2634/ (strikethroughs and square brackets are mine added in a edit)

This ability causes NPC spirits to become under the user's control, making them obey every spiritbenders command, who is controlling them.

First of, I would like to introduce you who are these "npc spirits", before I go a bit more in-depth about this ability. This type of spirits are found in only the spirit world (or in a human/custom world too if configured), taking a form of a mob, that have a colored name tag titled "Spirit". Like players, these spirits can be on the good or bad side, which both of them can be determined on what type of spirit they are: passive mobs are good spirits and dark spirit are the ones that are usually aggressive mobs. They act like any regular mob would do, but can be interacted more with the features from this plugin (or rpg, if the plugin might have some collaboration with it). Relatively to this thread, a waterbender with the ability referred from the quote can be controlled under the bender's control against their will.

After taking control over them, these spirits will follow the user around. If the bender attacks or gets attacked by someone, spirits will come in and defend their master by attacking the enemy. Spirits of a mob that are capable of wielding variety of tools in their hand can also perform other tasks with the respective item.