• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Rework] SandSpout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaye

Verified Member
Hello,

We all know that SandSpout may be (is) annoyingly laggy for most people so it is pushed aside; untouched. It is a nice move but I simply suggest that the particles be turned into blocks, it may not be completely appealing, however, it would be useful in an aspect. Maybe we could still keep the particles, only at the bottom as shown in the picture below.

- A person should not suffocate in the blocks
- If a person gets within a 2 block radius of the SandSpout, then they can suffer a chance of blindness.

Love,
Apex

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Hello,

We all know that SandSpout may be (is) annoyingly laggy for most people so it is pushed aside; untouched. It is a nice move but I simply suggest that the particles be turned into blocks, it may not be completely appealing, however, it would be useful in an aspect. Maybe we could still keep the particles, only at the bottom as shown in the picture below.

- If a person gets within a 2 block radius of the SandSpout, then they can suffer a chance of blindness.

Love,
Apex

So how exactly are you supposed to stop the suffocation without it being really annoying on the eye. Honestly, surefire blindness is better in the long run.
I'm also skeptical about adding chances to bending. It could potentially get to the point where luck is a key factor in bending.
Also sandspout really doesn't look all that great in block form. Sand is supposed to be more fluid than earth.

Verified Member
sandspout really doesn't look all that great in block form. Sand is supposed to be more fluid than earth.
then maybe we should make the sand spout curve a little when you move so as you move the bottom blocks are a little delayed to give it a more fluid look like a nice little dust devil

Joeri

Verified Member
Sorry, not a good idea tbh.
Like @SuperBower118 said, Sand is supposed to be fluid. Not to mention solid blocks would be glitchy because they would interfere with player movement. (Shifting could be glitchy)
Also, i don't have lag with Sand Spout. But if many others do then the particles should be reduced. But using blocks doesn't fit for Sand Spout

HydroMan

Verified Member
Current sandspout is great as it is. Those who experience lag, I suggest to install and use optifine to reduce/null its lag.

Varni1

Verified Member
In my opinion, we could add a particle count configuration option in Sand Spout. You can configure it to be less laggy if you wish..

jedk1

Hello,

Love,
Apex

EW LARGE TEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.