• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Reusing The Ice Created By Waterbenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

6tijn

Verified Member
If you have ever been a water bender you will have noticed for sure that you can use any ice blocks as source for your water bending apart from the ice blocks you created yourself with Torrent or Surge. Why is this? Because it would be very OP in terms of that water benders could create with one source block many new source blocks. It would also be OP in terms of that when someone is frozen they would die in seconds, because water benders could easily spam watermanip and the frozen ones can do nothing to prevent that. Do now when you have for example 1 water bottle and you use it to make with Torrent, the water will be lost because the ice is not bendable and you'd lose your only water bottle. In TLK and TLA we've seen that many water benders reused the ice they created by melting it and using it for something else when there were only a few water sources near them.

My suggestion:

When ever you created an ice sphere (weather or not with bottles) it would include Only one packed ice block right in the middle of that sphere. When a water bender selects that source and activates the move he wanted to perform, the ice around the packed ice block would disappear along with the packed ice block the water bender used for his source. In his way, you can reuse the ice you made by Torrent without it turning out OP or anything. There might be a configurable cool down or charge time.

2014-12-27_10.35.00.png

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I don't think water benders can bend packed ice, unless you're also suggesting that water benders should now be able to bend packed ice. If not then I have a suggestion too: make most of the ice sphere out of packed ice, with 1-2 normal ice blocks in it that you can bend

6tijn

Verified Member
I don't think water benders can bend packed ice, unless you're also suggesting that water benders should now be able to bend packed ice. If not then I have a suggestion too: make most of the ice sphere out of packed ice, with 1-2 normal ice blocks in it that you can bend
Well, at most servers i know packed ice is in the waterbendable block list. And if all the ice created by waterbenders is packed ice you can't look through it anymore. :/

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Well, at most servers i know packed ice is in the waterbendable block list. And if all the ice created by waterbenders is packed ice you can't look through it anymore. :/
You're right, I was just being stupid for a minute there. Water benders can bend packed ice. I think this is a good idea, it's not too over or under powered.

PorkoMafia

Verified Member
If you have ever been a water bender you will have noticed for sure that you can use any ice blocks as source for your water bending apart from the ice blocks you created yourself with Torrent or Surge. Why is this? Because it would be very OP in terms of that water benders could create with one source block many new source blocks. It would also be OP in terms of that when someone is frozen they would die in seconds, because water benders could easily spam watermanip and the frozen ones can do nothing to prevent that. Do now when you have for example 1 water bottle and you use it to make with Torrent, the water will be lost because the ice is not bendable and you'd lose your only water bottle. In TLK and TLA we've seen that many water benders reused the ice they created by melting it and using it for something else when there were only a few water sources near them.

My suggestion:

When ever you created an ice sphere (weather or not with bottles) it would include Only one packed ice block right in the middle of that sphere. When a water bender selects that source and activates the move he wanted to perform, the ice around the packed ice block would disappear along with the packed ice block the water bender used for his source. In his way, you can reuse the ice you made by Torrent without it turning out OP or anything. There might be a configurable cool down or charge time.

View attachment 504
It is proof

Last edited:

SuperBower118

Verified Member
If this is added, I'd like it if there was a limit to how many icespheres with packed ice to be created (3 - 5) within a certain amount of time, otherwise then there will just be a cycle of people constanting making icespheres with torrents from the source, and if they want more- go back to the water source or just use your bottle OR use a nearby plant. (Just for clarification, I will never be convinced that a torrent of water can come from a dandelion)

6tijn

Verified Member
If this is added, I'd like it if there was a limit to how many icespheres with packed ice to be created (3 - 5) within a certain amount of time, otherwise then there will just be a cycle of people constanting making icespheres with torrents from the source, and if they want more- go back to the water source or just use your bottle OR use a nearby plant. (Just for clarification, I will never be convinced that a torrent of water can come from a dandelion)
Totally agreed.

promancer

Verified Member
Better idea, how about a time limit the icesphere can maintain itself before it disappears. This seems more natural and less limiting. Waterbender misses 4 torrent freezes from airbender dodging and finally gets a hit- then remembers the limiter -and the airbender then begins to unload all the damage they can muster as the waterbender struggles to phasechange the ice on land from the
water.

And I agree that enough water to fill a kiddie pool shouldn't be able to come from a flower. However, a buff to rebalance water just hasn't come along yet. I'd like to have a conversation with you.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Better idea, how about a time limit the icesphere can maintain itself before it disappears. This seems more natural and less limiting. Waterbender misses 4 torrent freezes from airbender dodging and finally gets a hit- then remembers the limiter -and the airbender then begins to unload all the damage they can muster as the waterbender struggles to phasechange the ice on land from the
water.

And I agree that enough water to fill a kiddie pool shouldn't be able to come from a flower. However, a buff to rebalance water just hasn't come along yet. I'd like to have a conversation with you.
I'm not saying that the icespheres should have a limit- I'm saying that the icespheres with the packed ice source should have a limit.
And I'd be more than willing to start a convo with you on our views about the plugin

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
What if the ice spheres were only usable to one move, and then it dissipates? Like, you freeze someone with Surge, then instead of using just a block of ice, the whole sphere was used in a Torrent, Manip or Octopus.

6tijn

Verified Member
What if the ice spheres were only usable to one move, and then it dissipates? Like, you freeze someone with Surge, then instead of using just a block of ice, the whole sphere was used in a Torrent, Manip or Octopus.
That's what the thread is about. But because you can't select the ice there would be a block of packed ice in the middle that you have to select. When you use that all the ice will turn into an other move.

Status
Not open for further replies.