• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Rejuvenate/Syphon

djmyernos

Verified Member
Had this idea so I thought I'd give it a shot. Can never hurt!

This ability has dual forms: the Dark form and the Light form. I'll talk about the Light form first.

The Light form of this ability is called Rejuvenate (if you have a better name, let me know). It is usable by Light Spirits, and by the Avatar. The ability takes your life-force and uses it to give plants around you beneficial properties.

To use this ability, a player would select this move and then hold down (Shift). As he holds down (Shift), any plants around him would begin to give off beneficial properties. These plants include grass blocks, grass, tall grass, flowers, trees, lily pads, vines, and any fruits or vegetables. However, as the plants are given these properties, the player's life is being drained, at a rate of one heart per second.

What are these "properties" I keep speaking of? Once the ability has been used, and the plants surrounding the player are affected, they will give any Light Spirit, Bender, or Avatar that touches them buffs such as speed, strength, and an armor buff.

The longer the player holds down (Shift), the more land surrounding the player is affected. After holding (Shift) for one second, any plant within a two block radius is affected. After holding for two seconds, any plant within a 3 block radius is affected. After holding for three or four seconds, any plant within a four block radius is affected. And finally, after holding for five seconds, any plant within a five block radius is affected.

The maximum amount time (Shift) can be held down is five seconds, after which the affected plants will begin to give out beneficial properties and the player will stop taking health damage. The plants do not begin emanated buffs until the player has released (Shift), whether he has held it for one second or five seconds. The plants emanate buffs for 15 seconds, unless they are destroyed. Affected plants will be surrounded by the Bone Meal particle. This move has a 30 second cooldown. The cooldown begins after the plants have been giving out buffs for 15 seconds, or after all the plants have been destroyed.

If the player dies while holding down (Shift), then the ability activates at whatever second he dies at. If he dies after he's held (Shift) for three seconds, then any plant within a four block radius would begin to emanate buffs. If the player "runs out of plants" then the ability activates at whatever second he is at. For example, if there are plants within a three block radius, then the player will only be able to hold down (Shift) for two seconds before the affected plants begin giving out buffs.

Now on to the Dark form of this ability.

The Dark form of this ability is basically the opposite of Rejuvenate, and is called Syphon. This ability is useable by Dark Spirits and the Avatar. This ability lets the player drain the life from surrounding plant life and use it to heal himself.

The way to use this ability is almost identical to Rejuvenate. As the player holds down (Shift) all the surrounding plants die, and his life increases by one heart per second. These plants include all the plants included in Rejuvenate. However, if one of the plants is a tree, an extra half heart is added alongside the usual one heart.

Like Rejuvenate, the longer the player holds down (Shift), the more plants are killed. If the player holds down (Shift) for one second, then any plant within a two block radius dies. After two seconds, any plant within a three block radius is killed. After three or four seconds, any plant within a four block radius dies, and after five seconds, any plant within a five block radius dies.

After five seconds, the move is over, and a 30 second cooldown is activated. If the player's health becomes full before the full five seconds is complete, then they ability ends and the cooldown begins. Likewise, if the player "runs out of plants," the move ends at whatever second he ran out of plants on.

That's it for now! Let me know what you think in the comments!

-djmyernos

P.S. I do not believe this ability is canon, but I think it makes sense. Also, it was late and I was tired when I wrote this, so if there are grammar errors or the wording is a bit hard to understand at times, that's why.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I really like how the syphon ability, although I think the griefing potential is high. (rip forests)

edit: could use a system like earth revert

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Rejunevate shouldn't work if the player is on fully healthy, and should be put on cooldown if it happens that way.