• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Rapid [Air]

Status
Not open for further replies.

paliate

Verified Member

as seen in the gif above, tenzin was able to make rapid air bullets that were done continuously.
which is different from the airblast that he presented here

the rapid air bullets would be able to be used 1-3 times in a rapid clicking succession.
if you were to click 3 times within a second of eachother you'd send a trio of airbullets at your target, because it would be instantly casted it would be perfect for a fast acting damage move to counter the nerf that airblast would be getting to make it more of a dodging type move.

in episode 7 of season one, (which the first gif is from) before he shot the rapid air bullets at his target he dodged several attacks. i believe that having rapid air bullets would work as a connecting move for the dodge aswell as continuing to make the plugin more similar to the show.

i will not make any names, damage, or cooldown suggestions as projectkorra usually doesn't use them anyways.
this would offer a new mechanic to the plugin with it's optional 1-3 rapid succession shots aswell as give air a new damage move to compliment the implementation of the new dodge airblast.​

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Not sure if you've bent on basically ANY server nowadays (because everyone "loves" JedCore), but this is basically AirBullet.
How fast do you imagine your rapid bullets to go, because JedCore's AirBullet is literally instant once you left click. From what I can assume, this'd be at the speed of airblast, maybe faster.

paliate

Verified Member
Not sure if you've bent on basically ANY server nowadays (because everyone "loves" JedCore), but this is basically AirBullet.
How fast do you imagine your rapid bullets to go, because JedCore's AirBullet is literally instant once you left click. From what I can assume, this'd be at the speed of airblast, maybe faster.
it would be similar to airbullet in the sense of narrow-ness, yes.
but it would have a rapid mechanic to better comply with what was done in the series, something airbullet didn't fully capture.
projectkorra is not associated with jedcore's move i assume, or it would be in the plugin. either way, the rapid 1-3 succession would deliver 1-3 fast blows of a decidable damage which is what separates the abilities.

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
I was very much concerned about the damage inflicted from the Charged AirSwipe.
i agree, and this is perfect because it's canon. it's not some sloppily made up move.
and it's perfectly timed to compliment the slight nerf air will be getting.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I like it, It has a lot of potential, However I am concerned because, Airbending isn't supposed to deal damage head on, your supposed to use your surroundings and your speed to increase your bending. This is more of an "earthy" move rather than an airbending move I would say.

paliate

Verified Member
I like it, It has a lot of potential, However I am concerned because, Airbending isn't supposed to deal damage head on, your supposed to use your surroundings and your speed to increase your bending. This is more of an "earthy" move rather than an airbending move I would say.
you say that but there are multiple cases in the series where that's not the case, take aang airslicing yakone's carriage, damage dealt head on. this is canon.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't count Avatars especially Fully Realized Avatars, as they have learned all of the other elemental disciplines and that has an effect on their personality as one would expect. Not to mention Aang has all of his past lives personalities.

paliate

Verified Member
I don't count Avatars especially Fully Realized Avatars, as they have learned all of the other elemental disciplines and that has an effect on their personality as one would expect. Not to mention Aang has all of his past lives personalities.
doesn't mean another bender can't accomplish something an avatar has done out of avatarstate, multiple unique abilities have been done by benders that the avatar has not achieved.

here is the gif of aang out of avatarstate breaking the carriage:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
in episode 7 of season one, (which the first gif is from) before he shot the rapid air bullets at his target he dodged several attacks. i believe that having rapid air bullets would work as a connecting move for the dodge aswell as continuing to make the plugin more similar to the show.
I don't see him dodging, but whatever.

What disadvantage are you proposing to add to this, so that airswipe wouldn't be a minority of air bullet? Because, by the post you described, there is no a reason for anyone to bind or use airswipe when they have air bullet in their arsenal.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
owever I am concerned because, Airbending isn't supposed to deal damage head on, your supposed to use your surroundings and your speed to increase your bending. This is more of an "earthy" move rather than an airbending move I would say.
Better than nothing. I in the past hated the idea of having more damaging moves for air after it get in total of 3. However, I realize airbending would be pretty useless in arenas and survival, if you aren't a master of the element, because it is soo diffucult as it is do deal velocity damage, let alone encounter a pacifist player. As long as an airbullet (or any other attack in that mother) doesn't deal more than 2.5 damage, I'm fine with it.

paliate

Verified Member
I don't see him dodging, but whatever.

What disadvantage are you proposing to add to this, so that airswipe wouldn't be a minority of air bullet? Because, by the post you described, there is no a reason for anyone to bind or use airswipe when they have air bullet in their arsenal.
the dodging isn't in the gif, it happens right before the gif actually (which is why i gave the episode number). i just wanted to make it clear that dodging happened before and connected into the air bullets, showing that it would be a perfect addition to compliment the dodging change that will be happening.

as said in the first post, i will leave damage up to the staff team as they tend to not listen to the names/damage/cooldown that people provide anyways, (which isn't a bad thing). it will allow the team to come up with their own perception of what will be balanced, and i assume that people will be able to change it in their config anyways.

adding cooldowns and damage to the first post would only cause disagreement, and i don't want to distract from what it is i'm trying to present here.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You haven't answered my question properly. Usually, whenever a concept dev see's a thread with an ability that dominates a copy of another, they usually stamp denied without putting a thought themselves on how it can be turned into a different technique. I see this thread as one of them.

paliate

Verified Member
but it would have a rapid mechanic to better comply with what was done in the series, something airbullet didn't fully capture.
projectkorra is not associated with jedcore's move i assume, or it would be in the plugin. either way, the rapid 1-3 succession would deliver 1-3 fast blows of a decidable damage which is what separates the abilities.
i did not answer your question because it was already answered, this ability comes in perfect timing for the airblast change.
which, from the episode mentioned above was used together.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Didn't notice your reply when scrolling through the thread, but still - the question was on airswipe. That quote still doesn't tell me what disadvantage this ability has, so no - you didn't answer my question.

paliate

Verified Member
as said in the first post, i will leave damage up to the staff team as they tend to not listen to the names/damage/cooldown that people provide anyways, (which isn't a bad thing). it will allow the team to come up with their own perception of what will be balanced, and i assume that people will be able to change it in their config anyways.

adding cooldowns and damage to the first post would only cause disagreement, and i don't want to distract from what it is i'm trying to present here.
as said here, for the third time in this thread, the cooldowns and damage will be decided by the team.
which means they'll be deciding the disadvantage if they feel it needs one.

which i heavily think it doesn't, but that is not for me to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.