• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Quite Fascinating Water-Technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member

Just Unalaq being badass ^^^ So let's rip his style off?

Torrent Addition:
As demonstratedt, he just pulled korra within the encompased ice-dome, formed by her uncle, straight right after. I think same could recreated in the game...

Basically, right after you freeze someone, (by timing right before the whip vanishes) scroll downards or hop on to select a slot that is on the left ~ this will pull the player-made icecube towards, and If you're from a great height difference = it's gonna be slammed to the ground or thrown in the air. Like in the gif, it kinda loses the defining-gravity law.

SneakFreeze:
Basically, after you launch your torrent blast with one click, and right after it hits Somebody's SurgeWall, (again, by timing it right) switch to Surge bind and tap sneak to freeze what ever is behind that barrier. The Same animation would be depict: the main whip splits into (after hitting) 12 , no less or more, tentacles that grasp the 'object' (which is only the ice wall) from all it sides and the whole hydrokinetic construct retracts towards the user backwards after the scroll/slot hop.

In a combination used with the Torrent Addition, a waterbender would be able to recreate the same scene from the gif (if that particular individual as the reaction to switch and click all of those things by timing all of that right).

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well I can agree on why you think so for the Sneak Freeze, but Torrent Addition... you can pretty much pull the target around while they're frozen. Especally useful against air benders, because they tend to be waaay high (w/ tornado usage), that's makes sparring way too difficult imo.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

IceEyes

Verified Member
Well I can agree on why you think so for the Sneak Freeze, but Torrent Addition... you can pretty much pull the target around while they're frozen. Especally useful against air benders, because they tend to be waaay high (w/ tornado usage), that's makes sparring way too difficult imo.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt
Think about the lag moving a sphere of ice with a player in it.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think the fact that he was able to do this doesn't necesarrily apply to any waterbender, I imagine he is bending like this because he has Vaatu inside him, not that he isn't good at waterbending, but the dark spirit has to be giving him a boost don't ya think?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
1. Is not about who or how the ability was done that's reenacted in plugin. Otherwise, we would then be limiting all abilities as your argument, such as the accurate size of raiseearth that was only done by toph and no any other bender. (Though, I do wish the size of it was twice smaller by default)
2. Boost? If he had boost, then his eye would glow. The Glow == Indication of avatarstate buff.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
1. He isn't the avatar.( so he doesn't have an avatar state like korra does)
2. Korra's eyes don't glow for the entire duration of her avatar state. They only glow for a short time and give her a buff.
3. RaiseEarth's size can be changed in the config aswell as the fact that we see others raise earth throughout the series.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
1. He isn't the avatar.( so he doesn't have an avatar state like korra does)

So I guess those eyes are just genetic. (sarcasm)

Also, you're right: the wiki is indeed lying their ass off to us. (another sarcasm)
After fusing with Vaatu, Unalaq became the Avatar's dark counterpart and the human embodiment of darkness, disorder and chaos. Because of this merger, Unalaq became significantly more powerful, being able to use his own version of the Avatar State, with orange-glowing eyes instead of white.
2. Korra's eyes don't glow for the entire duration of her avatar state. They only glow for a short time and give her a buff.
Prove it, otherwise your spitting bs.

3. RaiseEarth's size can be changed in the config aswell as the fact that we see others raise earth throughout the series.
I know that. I just said that I want the default to be smaller and given as example that... vvvvvvv
1. Is not about who or how the ability was done that's reenacted in plugin. Otherwise, we would then be limiting all abilities as your argument, such as the accurate size of raiseearth that was only done by toph and no any other bender. (Though, I do wish the size of it was twice smaller by default)
(That's just my counter-argument to your "he was able to do this doesn't necessarrily apply to any waterbender". Balance and logic are the important factors to consider in the plugin.

ETA: If your #2 point was true, Korra then would have never dropped the humongious boulder right before she was almost about to crush Kuvira, if it hadn't been for her avatarstate existing against her will.

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
I think it's interesting.

I think we've forgotten some of the extremely unique techniques that waterbender's did in the show and it's worth looking into them.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I think it's interesting.

I think we've forgotten some of the extremely unique techniques that waterbender's did in the show and it's worth looking into them.
People keep thinking that after the two shows ended, all of the ideas from there are dried out. I happen to find more ideas then they think there is to be found on the top tip of the iceberg. Also, there is some that I found interesting and unique in the ATLA Comics, that are unusual compare to the tv shows (for example, Katara made a waterflow-ish type of think to decend Sokka and the other guy that save 'em from plumet down to their death).

IceEyes

Verified Member
People keep thinking that after the two shows ended, all of the ideas from there are dried out. I happen to find more ideas then they think there is to be found on the top tip of the iceberg. Also, there is some that I found interesting and unique in the ATLA Comics, that are unusual compare to the tv shows (for example, Katara made a waterflow-ish type of think to decend Sokka and the other guy that save 'em from plumet down to their death).
Thank god we've got you.

Status
Not open for further replies.