• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

ProjectKorra (Spirits) -- First Looks

V

Vidcom

Yeah, take the portals and you go in physically, so you can bend. If you meditate in, your body is still in the physical world, so no bending.

Yeah, take the portals and you go in physically, so you can bend. If you meditate in, your body is still in the physical world, so no bending.
Well i took that wrong on my part. But you also didn't specify enough. To be honest just saying you cant bend in the spirit world ruins the whole fun of this. You should have said that in the first place. Sorry if i sound rude by the way!

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Well i took that wrong on my part. But you also didn't specify enough. To be honest just saying you cant bend in the spirit world ruins the whole fun of this. You should have said that in the first place. Sorry if i sound rude by the way!
Why did you quote Vidcom for that? He agreed with you.....

Also, what about some portal info? Would they be set with a command? Would the avatar be able to open and close them at will?
I am going to assume from what he said, that it will be a server owner's decision on how to reach the spirit world. Options on how to get there are things such as a /warp command or portals using multiverse (which is sort of required, being you have to have a separate world for it). With multiverse this would be rather simplistic, because you can have two portals which enter the world on the polar ends.

I am going to assume from what he said, that it will be a server owner's decision on how to reach the spirit world. Options on how to get there are things such as a /warp command or portals using multiverse (which is sort of required, being you have to have a separate world for it). With multiverse this would be rather simplistic, because you can have two portals which enter the world on the polar ends.
I've implemented my own spirit world using a beacon and setting up a multiverse world, then decorating. I think there should be a preset option so you can choose to generate the portals (in this case beacons) a certain distance away from each-other so it looks more even, as in mine there's only 1 portal because we can't find anywhere else to place the other portal.

Spode

I have two questions.

When you say the server owner can define a dimension as the Spirit World, does this also include any custom dimensions from other mods and can it be possible to name two dimensions? Because The End has always felt like the Spirit World however I have no idea where this would leave the Nether. A player on my server suggested that both of them would be it because they represent two sides of it, light and dark.

So being able to define both Nether and End or even one or the other as the Spirit World could be useful especially from what we've seen of it in both Avatar the Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra having various terrains.

The closet custom made dimension I've seen that gets as close to the Spirit World as seen in the shows is the one added by the Witchery mod which reminds me, will we be able to be ghosts in the Spirits World and in the Overworld as well? Maybe the new spectator event could come into play here.

Madocean

dude thats frickin awesome also im still not understanding, does the bending work on the opposite type of bender when they're a player? or just like can you use them for combat in general?