• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

ProjectKorra is Seeking Talented Builders

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone -

As a part of a series of major changes, ProjectKorra is hiring in a few departments right now. Right now we are ramping up hiring of developers and builders (explained down below). Even if you aren't interested in one of those positions, you are encouraged to apply to other positions that may interest you.

Build Team
We are launching a brand new section of the staff, responsible for Building structures in-game. What this will be used for exactly is a bit secretive for now, but will be made clear upon the official creation of the staff branch. We are looking for people with a great sense of visual design and a decent understanding of the Avatar universe. Skill with WorldGuard, Voxel, WorldPainter, are also preferred, but not required.

Applicants will be considered based on the quality of the work they submit for review. Applicants are encouraged to submit at least 2-3 examples (photos, video links work) of their best work in Minecraft. Solo work is preferred, but group work is also allowed.

The heads of each department will collectively decide who to hire. Decisions are expected to be made within the next week - 10 days. Please consider applying and pass the application on to any friends that may be interested.

Link to apply: http://projectkorra.com/applicationform/builder-application.6/form

Developers

As we ramp up development, we need additional developers to cover other parts of the project and future projects we are planning. The more developers we have, the quicker updates will come out (and the higher quality they will be). If you are experienced in Java development for Bukkit / Spigot / Minecraft, please apply at the link below. Like the Builder Application, do send the application to any friends that may be interested.

The ideal candidate for developer is able to work in teams, is already proficient in development, has an understanding of how the Avatar world works, and works decently with deadlines.

Link to apply: http://projectkorra.com/applicationform/developer-application.4/form

Disclaimer: All staff positions in ProjectKorra are volunteer based and unpaid at this time.

xNuminousx

Dang it.... If I had the time I would apply for builder.... Can I still apply just to see if I'd make it? I just want to make it clear that I do not have the time, just want to know if I have what it takes if I ever do get the chance.

Loony

Dang it.... If I had the time I would apply for builder.... Can I still apply just to see if I'd make it? I just want to make it clear that I do not have the time, just want to know if I have what it takes if I ever do get the chance.
There wouldn't really be a point in applying if you don't have the time to actively work on projects.
Just wait until you have the time and then apply.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Because Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and there is no "fixed" deadline - you would be best served by applying when you do have the time -- as availability is taken into consideration when accepting applicants.

Sketz

Build Team
We are launching a brand new section of the staff, responsible for Building structures in-game. What this will be used for exactly is a bit secretive for now,

Possibly working on a public official PK server? O.O

Sounds a bit unfair if so :eek:

Sshawarma

orrr maybe generated structures in the PK plugin? I wish i knew how to build...its very hit or miss for me. I do know what looks good and doesn't, but i feel guilty criticizing work when i can't make things look as nice.