• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Plantbending passive (Part2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGhost

Verified Member

Well I the show plantbenders can use water on plants to do pretty much anything, since use water to make them grow, to even use the grown plants for creating a "plantmonster", as we see done by one of the swamp waterbenders. :eek:
Thought the only "move" that there is in the plugin is using plants as a water source :(

I've been thinking of a new passive for plantbenders :D
The passive would be that any plantbender would be able to grown plants or even "create" them out of grassblocks while having waterbottles.
It would get used if hold a water bottle in your hand or just in your inventory and you shift for 5 seconds while on ground, after the 5 seconds what would happen would be that the water in the water bottle would be consumed and the efect of bone meal would be applied on the floor beneath you:

If in a 5x5 area around you is any sapling or crops then they will each receave bone meal (the efect of a single bone meal), at the cost of the water in one of the users bottles. ;)
There would need to be grassblocks, mycelium or podzol beneath you as well as with regular bone meal so you won't be creating plants from nothing, but from grass existing in the grassblocks, just by adding water to it...

What makes this not overpowered is that you actually need to be shifting for around 5 seconds and have waterbottles or waterbuckets with you. And anyway in the show plantbenders where shown to be able to make plants grow super fast and do amazing things with those plants, just by adding water to them.
This will turn up to be very usefull for waterbender as an utility and as a way to get more water sources :D

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Even if this was interesting in RPG and survival, we never saw any plantbender grow any plant. They just pushed and pulled some to the place where some were already destroid.

BlueGhost

Verified Member
Even if this was interesting in RPG and survival, we never saw any plantbender grow any plant. They just pushed and pulled some to the place where some were already destroid.
Hum... I though he was actually making them grow, not just pulling them :(
Well then this is just a waste, can't do anything with it...

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Still... I really don't know why is this being looked into. With all the respect, but the idea seems untenable. Your thread supports itself in this information:
in the show plantbenders where shown to be able to make plants grow super fast and do amazing things with those plants, just by adding water to them.
which isn't totally right. Waterbenders would move the plants by moving the water. They would be able to move the water OUT, but not the water IN. Even if they could, like one of the minor Red Lotus's member did to Korra with the poison, the plants wouldn't grow. I am not student in Biology, but I think that plants don't grow with just the presence of water. It needs minerals and light. You would be forcing the water to penetrate the plant, which would more probably destroy it...
:\

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Still... I really don't know why is this being looked into. With all the respect, but the idea seems untenable. Your thread supports itself in this information:

which isn't totally right. Waterbenders would move the plants by moving the water. They would be able to move the water OUT, but not the water IN. Even if they could, like one of the minor Red Lotus's member did to Korra with the poison, the plants wouldn't grow. I am not student in Biology, but I think that plants don't grow with just the presence of water. It needs minerals and light. You would be forcing the water to penetrate the plant, which would more probably destroy it...
:\
Retweet

Status
Not open for further replies.