• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Plans for Future Bending RP Server: Any tips&tricks?

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I don't they would like it their. The Atmosphere is just bland. Probably most would prefer to live in snowy areas and what not. And for RP sense: I don't think there were people who were simple "born" in there. :D
You can't choose where you were born... and if they didn't like it they could always migrate out...

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You can't choose where you were born... and if they didn't like it they could always migrate out...
While of course benders couldn't choose where to be born due to the nature/destinies choice, but it would be convenent than nothing. Magority of waterbenders were born where they should respective be - Northern/South Water Tribe, hence the name of the nation.

I just don't believe that there was, is and will be a possibility for someone to give birth to someone, since:
  • I didn't see really a population from there of a tribe to consist of female people
  • Conditions in my eyes just don't seem to met for raising babies/children in there (imo).

NickC1211

Verified Member
While of course benders couldn't choose where to be born due to the nature/destinies choice, but it would be convenent than nothing. Magority of waterbenders were born where they should respective be - Northern/South Water Tribe, hence the name of the nation.

I just don't believe that there was, is and will be a possibility for someone to give birth to someone, since:
  • I didn't see really a population from there of a tribe to consist of female people
  • Conditions in my eyes just don't seem to met for raising babies/children in there (imo).
I agree it was most likely a born in one of the tribes and migrated to the swamps. Maybe there should be a thing where you have to go to certain places to earn sub abilities. Like you're born in the north or south so you can icebend, and if you go to the swamps you learn to plantbend.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I agree it was most likely a born in one of the tribes and migrated to the swamps. Maybe there should be a thing where you have to go to certain places to earn sub abilities. Like you're born in the north or south so you can icebend, and if you go to the swamps you learn to plantbend.
How would they learn to plantbend? By communicating with NPC's there? Competing a quest that possibly makes them go fetch an ancient scroll that teaches the art of exact water manipulation in plants?

NickC1211

Verified Member
How would they learn to plantbend? By communicating with NPC's there? Competing a quest that possibly makes them go fetch an ancient scroll that teaches the art of exact water manipulation in plants?
I like the quest for a scroll idea

AndDrew

Verified Member
So are you going to make your own map with worldpainter and worldmachine? And if you are, how big?

xNuminousx

Verified Member
How do you mean? You gotta pay no matter what.
He means is he gonna make it himself or is he gonna pay other people to make it for him. That's what I interpreted anyways.
So are you going to make your own map with worldpainter and worldmachine? And if you are, how big?
Making a map would take far too long, especially on his own. He is looking to download one as far as I know.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Perhaps If/when I get RPG "Skill Tree" thingy that's provided by PK ( which gave a small peak about the possibility of that system for those who haven't heard). I would perhaps create Hama and Huu and spawn them somewhere randomly or respectively based of the canon lore. Right clicking 'em would just unlock it for the waterbender who did that. I can make it like a treasure/catching hunt, but with a difference of a person over object replacement lol.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Likely to download one. Unless you know any that or if you're willing to assist me in helping build one and search for others whom be interest to comply, If I ever find the need for some reason: I'm just not gonna bother building one as I have no talent of the arts of a buildet

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
An idea pop related when I recall someone mentioning a scroll-- I think finding one (respective for a corresponding element) and using it should change the benders bending animation for every ability... That might be geniuse concept.

NickC1211

Verified Member
An idea pop related when I recall someone mentioning a scroll-- I think finding one (respective for a corresponding element) and using it should change the benders bending animation for every ability... That might be geniuse concept.

Like for fire finding a scroll gives you blue fire?

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Like for fire finding a scroll gives you blue fire?
That would mean instead of using the Flame particle effect you'd have to use Reddust.... As blue fire would be cool and it's a really good idea if it could be obtained by scroll, it simply just would not look good. The stock ability Lighting uses the Reddust particle effect that would most likely be used if they added Blue Fire.

I'd recommend just using the resource pack.

NickC1211

Verified Member
That would mean instead of using the Flame particle effect you'd have to use Reddust.... As blue fire would be cool and it's a really good idea if it could be obtained by scroll, it simply just would not look good. The stock ability Lighting uses the Reddust particle effect that would most likely be used if they added Blue Fire.

I'd recommend just using the resource pack.
I also don't know how the other elements could get a visual change in bending

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I also don't know how the other elements could get a visual change in bending
You could change air by adding the newer particles to it when it hits the block. Like when sand/gravel has no block underneath it, there's "dust" that falls. I don't remember what the particle is called but it's one of the newer ones. When airbending hits a sand/gravel block, some dust could shoot up in the opposite direction.

You could probably change water by adding some sort of particle inside the water to indicate splashing or something. Like cloud particles or something.

You can't really change earth... Other than using more Block Break particles where they should be. And for Chi, not animation changes involving particle that I know of.