• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Phase change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Verified Member
Phase Change addition:

Phase change now is not that controllable and useful as it was in the show. As of now you can either freeze something or unfreeze it in a large area. But when you just want to pass through ice and have more control over what you are unfreezing, you can't.
----------------------------------------------------
What this move allows the waterbender to do is "turn" all ice they touch into water. (This will be done by the ice still looking like ice but actually being water.) This will allow a water bender to run into a pool of ice without people following them, passing through any ice, or getting out of being trapped in ice.
To activate just right click the ground, to deactivate right click the ground again. This will last for as long as you have it activated. It will not have a cooldown because it is a simple move, and you can switch to different abilities while active.
This move was shown when Azula and Zuko fought. Skip to 4:40

Nin01

Verified Member
Phase Change addition:

Phase change now is not that controllable and useful as it was in the show. As of now you can either freeze something or unfreeze it in a large area. But when you just want to pass through ice and have more control over what you are unfreezing, you can't.
What this move allows the waterbender to do is "turn" all ice they touch into water. (This will be done by the ice still looking like ice but actually being water.) This will allow a water bender to run into a pool of ice without people following them, passing through any ice, or getting out of being trapped in ice.
To activate just right click the ground, to deactivate right click the ground again. This will last for as long as you have it activated. It will not have a cooldown because it is a simple move, and you can switch to different abilities while active.
This move was shown when Azula and Zuko fought. Skip to 4:40

Or when they do go through it, the ice turns to water so players can't camp in the ice. Katara isn't a ghost you know!

Green

Verified Member
Well as you can see she is moving through a slushy like liquid, it is not fully water, so that's why I said that.

Nin01

Verified Member
Maybe only the blocks the water bender is in turns to water so it can freeze back and stay the same? Another problem is, can other water benders go through it also?

Green

Verified Member
Well if they have the move activated they can, but I think it would look better just for them to be "swimming" in ice.

Green

Verified Member
Not really if the can make a brown clay block have the same physics as sand, I mean it doesn't seem impossible. But what do I know lol.

Nin01

Verified Member
Not really if the can make a brown clay block have the same physics as sand, I mean it doesn't seem impossible. But what do I know lol.
Wouldn't it be a bit laggy for those who have bad computers to have all those ice blocks constantly switching from solid blocks to falling entities while the water bender is moving around?

TheBonnySimcraft

Verified Member
Jed used falling sand entities with the data of brown clay. The problem with this is, that it does not support transparency, so the ice wouldn't be seethrough as falling sand. I'd prefere the "turn into water" version. The water shouldn't flow of course.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Was suggested and denied, but another person requested a similar one - that allows a waterbender to break ice at a faster rate. It got looking into.

Status
Not open for further replies.