• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Permission problem (Not your regular ones)

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Hey people,

I'm looking for some help regarding permissions. Not setting them up or anything, but they seem to cause crashes. If you're not an experienced server owner or a developer, I don't think you'll find much interest in this thread.

[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: Stack:
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.getUser(PermissionManager.java:201)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.regexperms.PermissiblePEX.isDebug(PermissiblePEX.java:116)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.regexperms.PermissiblePEX.permissionValue(PermissiblePEX.java:231)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.regexperms.PermissiblePEX.hasPermission(PermissiblePEX.java:127)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.entity.CraftHumanEntity.hasPermission(CraftHumanEntity.java:102)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: com.projectkorra.projectkorra.earthbending.EarthMethods.canSandbend(EarthMethods.java:80)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: com.projectkorra.projectkorra.GeneralMethods.canBind(GeneralMethods.java:374)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: com.projectkorra.projectkorra.GeneralMethods.canBend(GeneralMethods.java:314)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: com.jedk1.JedCore.listener.JCoreAbilityListener.onLeftClick(JCoreAbilityListener.java:122)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor184.invoke(Unknown Source)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:306)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:502)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:487)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:1205)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PacketPlayInArmAnimation.a(PacketPlayInArmAnimation.java:18)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PacketPlayInArmAnimation.a(PacketPlayInArmAnimation.java:1)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerConnectionUtils$1.run(SourceFile:13)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.SystemUtils.a(SourceFile:44)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.B(MinecraftServer.java:715)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.B(DedicatedServer.java:374)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.A(MinecraftServer.java:654)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:557)
[17:46:30] [Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]: java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
I am not great at reading crash logs and I'd love some help. From what I can gather it's caused by a permission check for if the player can bend sand. It's called from JedCore, however, a similar crash log came up when checking for SpiritualProjection, which was called from within ProjectKorra (Core).

It's worth mentioning that the same type of crash logs comes up when using Group Manager, which makes me think that this isn't an issue with PEX.

It also happens when checking if the current region the player is in is protected (WorldGuard wise), but that's a bit of a different story I think.

I'd love some help from the other people out there, thanks in advance!

- Finn

(I know I shouldn't tag people to make them see threads but it's quite urgent (sorry for being selfish), so I'm going to do it anyway. @jedk1 @Simplicitee @jacklin213 @OmniCypher @StrangeOne101 )

Sketz

Verified Member
I'm just curious, but did you delete (save first) all the files, and plugin?
Re-download the .jar, and let it regenerate the files again, then test the problem.

I'm not good at this topic either, but someone on spigot had a similar issue with permissions and he was using PEX.
If you can't delete all the files, trying to be safe and all, then you'll need to go through the files.

I doubt it's anything wrong with the code, possibly conflicts, but I believe it may deal with the edited files.
Again, not my area, but glad I could try to help. :)

Running a test server with few plugins, and using it to test if it works or still has an Issue,
also helps some problems with errors.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm just curious, but did you delete (save first) all the files, and plugin?
Re-download the .jar, and let it regenerate the files again, then test the problem.

I'm not good at this topic either, but someone on spigot had a similar issue with permissions and he was using PEX.
If you can't delete all the files, trying to be safe and all, then you'll need to go through the files.

I doubt it's anything wrong with the code, possibly conflicts, but I believe it may deal with the edited files.
Again, not my area, but glad I could try to help. :)
What are you refering to with 'all the files'?

Sketz

Verified Member
What are you refering to with 'all the files'?
The permission files. Basically let the plugin regenerate the folder with all of the permissions.
Of course, save and test first. If it's fixed, then it's an issue with the files being corrupted.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
That's odd. So it only happens with PEX or with GroupManager?

You're sure that player or the permission you're checking isn't null as well?