• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Passives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immallama

Verified Member
Passive abilities have pretty much been the same forever. I think they need some love too. (By the way, some of these might already exist, but I'm not really positive since they're not really listed anywhere.

Water

- Underwater Breathing: Waterbenders can hold breath underwater longer.
- Skating: Small speed boost on ice (and possibly snow).
- Bending stronger in rain and snow. Weaker in deserts and nether.
- Bending in rain without need for selecting a source. Basically like using bottles without the bottles.

Earth

- Wall Grabbing: Earth benders can grab onto vertical earthbendable blocks. After a short while they would begin to slide downwards. Maybe you could even catapult off too.
- Rock shoes by TehPandaKing: The Dai Li also used shoes made out of earth to slide to travel faster and to cling to walls and suspend themselves on the ceiling
- Heavier blocks do more damage. For example, dirt and sand would do slightly less than stone and metal. Maybe heavier blocks would even travel a bit slower to balance things out.
Fire

- Fire resistance: Firebenders naturally take less damage from fire than other benders. If this seems to over powered, maybe firebenders could take the same amount of damage, but over a longer amount of time. This way it gives them more time to extinguish themselves, but still hurts them.
- Slightly less powerful bending in snow and rain. Maybe more powerful in deserts and nether.

Air

- Wall Jumping: When jumping on any vertical surface, press space to jump off it again. This can be repeated multiple times (Configurable)
- More powerful bending in large open areas like plains and mountain tops.

So that's basically what I can come up with. This pretty much me just brainstorming. Feel free to add any other passive ideas you have and I'll add them to my post.

Last edited:

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
Earth needs a better passive. :I

Rock shoes: The Dai Li also used shoes made out of earth to slide to travel faster and to cling to walls and suspend themselves on the ceiling

Immallama

Verified Member
Earth needs a better passive. :I

Rock shoes: The Dai Li also used shoes made out of earth to slide to travel faster and to cling to walls and suspend themselves on the ceiling
How would that work? If earthbenders can travel faster anywhere there's earth it me a bit overpowered. How would it be balanced?

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I agree with waterbender's having less trouble diving without assistance. Something like a passive Respiration I.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I think that instead of Fire getting a boost in the nether. Earth should. The nether is deep inside the earth plus fire is more powerful in the day so being far away from the sun underground wouldn't make them more powerful. I like these ideas though.

owlcool

Verified Member
Water should be weaker in places like deserts then, like how firebending is stronger in deserts and the nether? Waterbending is the opposite of firebending, so it should have reversed passives like that as well.

Immallama

Verified Member
I think that instead of Fire getting a boost in the nether. Earth should. The nether is deep inside the earth plus fire is more powerful in the day so being far away from the sun underground wouldn't make them more powerful. I like these ideas though.
Valid point.
Water should be weaker in places like deserts then, like how firebending is stronger in deserts and the nether? Waterbending is the opposite of firebending, so it should have reversed passives like that as well.
True. Fixed that.
True. Maybe only when eartharmor is activated, like many people suggest?
Not a bad idea but I'm not going to add it to the list since it's an ability modification and not passive.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Water
- Bending in rain without need for selecting a source. Basically like using bottles without the bottles.

Fire

- Fire resistance: Firebenders naturally take less damage from fire than other benders. If this seems to over powered, maybe firebenders could take the same amount of damage, but over a longer amount of time. This way it gives them more time to extinguish themselves, but still hurts them.

Air

- Wall Jumping: When jumping on any vertical surface, press space to jump off it again. This can be repeated multiple times (Configurable)
Water: That passive has never been aesthetically possible because there's no way to determine where the water would come from, and it would just be a water block appearing randomly

Fire: Firebenders already have something like this. Whenever they get set on fire they have less fire "ticks" than anyone else.

Air: You cannot listen for when a player hits space.

Immallama

Verified Member
Water: That passive has never been aesthetically possible because there's no way to determine where the water would come from, and it would just be a water block appearing randomly

Fire: Firebenders already have something like this. Whenever they get set on fire they have less fire "ticks" than anyone else.

Air: You cannot listen for when a player hits space.
Water: I know that of course. Using bottles just looks like theres a water block appearing randomly but it doesn't look bad at all.

Air: I'm not sure how it's done but I saw this video so I thought something similar would make a cool air ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.