• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Part of JedCore] LavaDisk [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedk1

Jedk I have some questions.

1. How long on average does it take you to make a spell?

2. If I have a spell request for you.
BlueFire:

Shoots blue fire using the "redDust" particle effect.
Does more damage than regular fire moves since blue fire is hotter.

Probably been requested 150 times but it's crucial to my server.

3. Will you teach me? XD
I will credit you in all my work with java coding if u teach me.
okay jokes asside, heres my tutorial series:
http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/youtube-development-tutorial-episodes.2086/

Adamskii6

Verified Member
I'm sorryyyy!!! I'm swedish and I never knew the difference between spell/ability so I'm so sorry, will you answer the questions now?:(

jedk1

The numbers you use to change the color of the particle are used to change the size of the beam too, so you would get a really small beam of particles...
NOT TRUE.
you can make a method that gets the location of the spawning particle, then you clone the location and add the randomisation to it, How do you think rainbow breath works?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
NOT TRUE.
you can make a method that gets the location of the spawning particle, then you clone the location and add the randomisation to it, How do you think rainbow breath works?
/me removes message.

jedk1

/me removes message.
to generate the offset location you use:
Code:
/**
    * Generates an offset location around a given location with variable offset amount.
    * @param loc
    * @param offset
    * @return
*/
private Location getOffsetLocation(Location loc, double offset){
    return loc.clone().add((float) ((Math.random() - 0.5)*offset), (float) ((Math.random() - 0.5)*offset), (float) ((Math.random() - 0.5)*offset));
}
then to use it:
Code:
ParticleEffect.RED_DUST.display((float) 140, (float) 32, (float) 32, 0.005F, 0, getOffsetLocation(location, 1.0D), 256D);

Last edited:

jedk1

could u add something that let the disk hover near u so u can run without losing the disk
eh, that might be a bit OP imo, but i might add it eventually as a config. dont expect anything soon tho, im working on bigger things away from pk atm.

Adamskii6

Verified Member
This is probably random but have you ever considered letting the lavadisk cut through blocks even when it hasn't been fired out? I mean it could work like a saw. Also players should take damage when in it. Then it could be used to keep enemies from coming up close.

Status
Not open for further replies.