• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Paralyse Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGhost

Verified Member

Well I think it's pretty obvious that paralize isn't an 1 hit move, but the result of an accumulation of multiple hits, each partially paralizing the bender, making it harder to perform moves and making then less effective.

I really agree with this suggestion, paralize is way too op move and way too inrealistic.

It should absolutely by changed, with no doughts!!! ;-)

I'm my self most usually an waterbender and even for me it's almost impossible to avoid being paralized, to the point I need to stay in a water spout just to be able to avoid it and I can't even get lower enough to select an source or I'll get paralize almost instantly. The only other move that can possibly block an attack from a chiblocker is octopusform, but it has a huge warm up and I have pretty much no chance to perform it because of acrobaticstance's speed.

Besides if you get paralized, you will most probably be spammed with rapidpunch and a couple quickstrikes, by the time you stop being paralized you usually have about 3-4 hearts and most probably having no bending, unless you do have a way to fast get out of there, YOU'RE DEAD...

For me this is just what chi needs to get balanced, for benders to have a chance against them and mainly for chi to finally be somehow similar to the show :-D

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
The only other move that can possibly block an attack from a chiblocker is octopusform, but it has a huge warm up and I have pretty much no chance to perform it because of acrobaticstance's speed.
Even octopus form doesn't stop it. Chiblocker's has more range in their punched so they can reach through.

Hero

Verified Member
Pik doesn't care what happens to it because she is already good enough with chi that she can adapt.

Well I think it's pretty obvious that paralize isn't an 1 hit move, but the result of an accumulation of multiple hits, each partially paralizing the bender, making it harder to perform moves and making then less effective.

I really agree with this suggestion, paralize is way too op move and way too inrealistic.

It should absolutely by changed, with no doughts!!! ;-)

I'm my self most usually an waterbender and even for me it's almost impossible to avoid being paralized, to the point I need to stay in a water spout just to be able to avoid it and I can't even get lower enough to select an source or I'll get paralize almost instantly. The only other move that can possibly block an attack from a chiblocker is octopusform, but it has a huge warm up and I have pretty much no chance to perform it because of acrobaticstance's speed.

Besides if you get paralized, you will most probably be spammed with rapidpunch and a couple quickstrikes, by the time you stop being paralized you usually have about 3-4 hearts and most probably having no bending, unless you do have a way to fast get out of there, YOU'RE DEAD...

For me this is just what chi needs to get balanced, for benders to have a chance against them and mainly for chi to finally be somehow similar to the show :-D
After more research, the equalist in your examples have powerful blows, but did not paralyze them at all. Like, they didnt do it AT ALL. They cannot do the paralyzing tech. that Ty Lee did.

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
After more research, the equalist in your examples have powerful blows, but did not paralyze them at all. Like, they didnt do it AT ALL. They cannot do the paralyzing tech. that Ty Lee did.
Well, aren't these guys the thing that Chi is based from? Doesn't Project Korra take inspiration from Korra, rather than the one girl who could do it in Legend of Aang?

paliate

Verified Member
I feel like this isn't a great idea in terms of it not completely staying true to the show.
In the show the chiblockers paralyzed your arms, they didn't "make your bending weaker" they completely removed it in whatever point they hit.

I do think that paralyze needs to be updated for the better, I just do not think this is the way to go about it.
It doesn't seem to be true to the show in terms of use and whatnot.

Loony

Verified Member
I feel like this isn't a great idea in terms of it not completely staying true to the show.
In the show the chiblockers paralyzed your arms, they didn't "make your bending weaker" they completely removed it in whatever point they hit.
I gave the example of making bending weaker to apply in Minecraft as it's the only way I can think of to give the impression that you cannot use one of your arms for bending.

Loony

Verified Member
What about paralyse being a build up move that the more it's used on a player they get slower/bending gets harder until they're finally paralysed?

Kiam

Verified Member
I like the idea of making the original (one shot) paralyze be more of a slight/mediocre immobilization instead of a complete incapacitation. The combo should be used for complete immobilization.

Status
Not open for further replies.