• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Paralyse Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loony

Verified Member
What's wrong with paralyse?
Paralyse is the one move I hate the most.
I think it spoils bending fights and that it's silly having moves that you can't defend against.
Paralyse makes it really hard to balance Chiblocking. Because there's nothing you can do to stop the wombo combo once you get hit with paralyse, and now that Acrobatstance has been added, making Chiblocker's able to go faster and catch up to you quicker, it's harder to dodge paralyse. Paralysed combo'd with other moves is also really powerful. Like paralyse and wall of fire for example. Also, even after the paralyse is over, there's a chance you still can't bend because of the block chi chance with every move you use.
Sure, you could shorten the duration the paralyse lasts, but then it becomes really ineffective.

What should paralyse do instead?
I think paralyse should make it harder to bend, rather than stop you from moving. Although, this doesn't match the name all that well.
It could make your bending weaker, increasing charge and cooldown times. Weaken the damage of moves, reduce the range, and even stop you from using certain moves that in reality would require more strength.
Think of it as though you can't use one of your arms to bend and that it's limb because it has been Chiblocked, and so your moves are less effective.
If paralyse was changed to this, you could make the duration of the effect last longer. Because you still have a fighting chance, you just can't fight as well.

Even if people don't think the above idea isn't the best thing to change paralyse to, I still think it should be changed in some way or another.
Being paralysed and not being able to do anything about getting punched 20 times is quite infuriating. If paralyse was changed to the above, I think there would be a lot less arguments between Chiblockers and benders, and overall make the arena more fun.

I hope you like the idea,
~Loony

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I like this idea, only because it makes more sense than paralyze does now. No chiblocker in the show was able to actually "Paralyze" anyone. All they ever did was block the benders chi. There was even a part where they blocked korras chi, and for a bit after she was still able to bend in the slightest.

Loony

Verified Member
Well, I think they paralysed most parts of their body so they couldn't move and dropped to the floor.
But I'm not sure if it happened in Korra, only remember it from Aang.

Sorin

Verified Member
I think it spoils bending fights and that it's silly having moves that you can't defend against.
Paralyse makes it really hard to balance Chiblocking. Because there's nothing you can do to stop the wombo combo once you get hit with paralyse, and now that Acrobatstance has been added, making Chiblocker's able to go faster and catch up to you quicker, it's harder to dodge paralyse. Paralysed combo'd with other moves is also really powerful. Like paralyse and wall of fire for example. Also, even after the paralyse is over, there's a chance you still can't bend because of the block chi chance with every move you use.
Sure, you could shorten the duration the paralyse lasts, but then it becomes really ineffective.

I think paralyse should make it harder to bend, rather than stop you from moving. Although, this doesn't match the name all that well.
It could make your bending weaker, increasing charge and cooldown times. Weaken the damage of moves, reduce the range, and even stop you from using certain moves that in reality would require more strength.
Think of it as though you can't use one of your arms to bend and that it's limb because it has been Chiblocked, and so your moves are less effective.
If paralyse was changed to this, you could make the duration of the effect last longer. Because you still have a fighting chance, you just can't fight as well.

Even if people don't think the above idea isn't the best thing to change paralyse to, I still think it should be changed in some way or another.
Being paralysed and not being able to do anything about getting punched 20 times is quite infuriating. If paralyse was changed to the above, I think there would be a lot less arguments between Chiblockers and benders, and overall make the arena more fun.

~Loony
I love this I hate the way paralyze is at the moment, it is either to op or noneffective, I think this could really help the situation.

Sorin

Verified Member
Well, I think they paralysed most parts of their body so they couldn't move and dropped to the floor.
But I'm not sure if it happened in Korra, only remember it from Aang.
Maybe if you did it repeatedly you would paralyze more?

Hero

Verified Member

~Loony
I dont like this move at all. I dont think you play as chi because even though we have paralyze, most benders have a way to dodge it. Chi has terrible defense to the point where its laughable. In the show, it never showed paralyze making it harder to bend. It completely stopped them. I even made a suggestion on this on how to make it less op...Im sorry, but I believe this is a really bad idea and will make chi unbalanced

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I dont like this move at all. I dont think you play as chi because even though we have paralyze, most benders have a way to dodge it. Chi has terrible defense to the point where its laughable. In the show, it never showed paralyze making it harder to bend. It completely stopped them. I even made a suggestion on this on how to make it less op...Im sorry, but I believe this is a really bad idea and will make chi unbalanced
Earthbenders cannot escape paralyze...no good mobility

Hero

Verified Member
Earthsmash always has too much of a charge, and catapult always either sends you too far, or not far enough. Lavabending is also hard when chiblockers are bouncing all around you.
Lavabending has a really big radius (normally) that you cant jump across...even with acrobatstance.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
What I'm mainly trying to say, is that chiblocking with paralyze is very annoying and unbalanced. You might not agree, but it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.