• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Octopusform Sub-Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidal_Force

Verified Member
Hello, everyone!
I came up with an idea of adding sub-abilities to octoform! I think it will give the move more utility, other than just hitting people entrapped in ice with it.
Well, here we go!

General Concept
- Octoform will gain a set of sub-abilities which appear on the bending board as one is shifting
- To use a sub-ability, the waterbender will have to hover over the ability and click
- Octoform will still cancel out if you stop shifting

Sub-Abilities
Slot 1: Tentacle Slap - This will be the normal attack that we have now.

Slot 2: Tentacle Whip - This will be a slower, less-damaging, longer-ranged attack that will go about 7-10 blocks.

Slot 3: Tentacle Barrage - This attack will fire four water projectiles at the opponent, in which case octopusform is used up and gains a cooldown. The projectiles would be double-helixed and maybe do about one heart with a fairly long range.

Slot 4: Tentacle Shield - This will cause the tentacles to come up and create a dome around the waterbender protecting them from basic attacks. After a short duration, the shield will disappear and Octoform will go on a short cooldown.

Slot 5: Redirect - This would redirect a certain amount of watermanipulations at your opponent (5 or so) before octoform is put on a cooldown.

Slot 6: Waterwave - This would convert your octopusform into a waterwave for mobility.

Slot 7: Torrent - This would convert your octopusform into a torrent for attack or defense.

Tell me what you think, or if something seems overpowered, underpowered, or needs to be changed.

nutterbutter

Verified Member
100% support, it'll be a freshing new thing to add and as water is the element of change, I really like the idea to change it on the go to waterspout or torrent.

Add this NOW! ;D

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Hello, everyone!
I came up with an idea of adding sub-abilities to octoform! I think it will give the move more utility, other than just hitting people entrapped in ice with it.
Well, here we go!

General Concept
- Octoform will gain a set of sub-abilities which appear on the bending board as one is shifting
- To use a sub-ability, the waterbender will have to hover over the ability and click

Sub-Abilities

Slot 2: Tentacle Whip - This will be a slower, less-damaging, longer-ranged attack that will go about 7-10 blocks.

Slot 3: Tentacle Barrage - This attack will fire four water projectiles at the opponent, in which case octopusform is used up and gains a cooldown. The projectiles would be double-helixed and maybe do about one heart with a fairly long range.

Slot 4: Tentacle Shield - This will cause the tentacles to come up and create a dome around the waterbender protecting them from basic attacks. After a short duration, the shield will disappear and Octoform will go on a short cooldown.

Slot 5: Redirect - This would redirect a certain amount of watermanipulations at your opponent (5 or so) before octoform is put on a cooldown.

Slot 6: Waterwave - This would convert your octopusform into a waterwave for mobility.

Slot 7: Torrent - This would convert your octopusform into a torrent for attack or defense.

Tell me what you think, or if something seems overpowered, underpowered, or needs to be changed.

;)

_AvatarKuruk_

Verified Member
Maybe for you change the redirection to Redirect/Catch which will catch iron ingots or dagger that are thrown to you?or like things that are thrown towards you so you will catch it or throw it back.

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
I love this idea, although it is said that you would be able to switch between water abilities without having to create a new source, and this would render the last two sub abilities - WaterWave and Torrent conversion - obselete.

_AvatarKuruk_

Verified Member
Hello, everyone!
Well, here we go!

General Concept

Sub-Abilities

What about this?
upload_2015-8-21_12-18-31.png

Moonelight

Verified Member
In all honesty, I love this concept. Though I do think it needs to be changed a bit (just so it's not "op"). Even though this thread hasn't been set Looking into, I'm placing it "revisiting". I think us Concept Designers could use our time to revisit the idea of a MultiAbility for Octopus Form.

DanBall

Verified Member
In all honesty, I love this concept. Though I do think it needs to be changed a bit (just so it's not "op"). Even though this thread hasn't been set Looking into, I'm placing it "revisiting". I think us Concept Designers could use our time to revisit the idea of a MultiAbility for Octopus Form.
Yes, do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.