• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Octopusform little change

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceEyes

Verified Member
You can't say that trapping someone and punching them to death is waterbending, you really can't. Also because of the fact that water (like all the other elements) is far ranged. And punching someone is already chi, but for sure not water.

And I am pretty sure octopusform is based on defense, not on offense...

HydroMan

Verified Member
You can't say that trapping someone and punching them to death is waterbending, you really can't. Also because of the fact that water (like all the other elements) is far ranged. And punching someone is already chi, but for sure not water.

And I am pretty sure octopusform is based on defense, not on offense...
Trapping is waterbending, you aren't actually punching. It is more like slamming/slapping. You can pretty much say all the elements, are deadly in different ways. Again, you are not literally punching.

I can agree on that it is a mixture of both.

HydroMan

Verified Member
And like promancer said, you can simple avoid the octopus. Torrent, AirShield and Lavaflow can keep away the players for reaching. Not sure how you can do it fire, but you can easily melt the ice with heatcontrol and then bail out of it before you get slammed (same for water). For chi, well, you are f*#ked up.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Also, as a waterbender, you can play "fire with fire" - use octopus agaisnt feos octopus, as both of you will deal damage to each othwr and the feo is mostly likely gonna back away from you.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Water is very offensive and defensive. @Hero is on the right track though. Water is offensive and defensive, "shifting its weight to use offense to defense in a moment's notice." Removing this makes no sense for this is no advantage and is not even told. It is a technique of waterbending that only the wise and experienced can learn. Just because a technique is not fair, it does not even the plain field for the developers to edit a move to remove a technique. It is like saying we should remove fire charging when mobile on Firejet which has been denied I believe.. And I fully agree.

IceEyes

Verified Member
Water is very offensive and defensive. @Hero is on the right track though. Water is offensive and defensive, "shifting its weight to use offense to defense in a moment's notice." Removing this makes no sense for this is no advantage and is not even told. It is a technique of waterbending that only the wise and experienced can learn. Just because a technique is not fair, it does not even the plain field for the developers to edit a move to remove a technique. It is like saying we should remove fire charging when mobile on Firejet which has been denied I believe.. And I fully agree.
The ''technique'' is so easy that every noob can perform it. And again Water is far ranged and not supposed to go and punch/slap/slam people. Rather make water something like waterarms like with multiability (there is even a suggestion for it).

IceEyes

Verified Member
Also, as a waterbender, you can play "fire with fire" - use octopus agaisnt feos octopus, as both of you will deal damage to each othwr and the feo is mostly likely gonna back away from you.
I am not playing cheap against cheap. But if this is your way, I am fine with it.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I am not playing cheap against cheap. But if this is your way, I am fine with it.
Then use the other techniques I told you...
And like promancer said, you can simple avoid the octopus. Torrent, AirShield and Lavaflow can keep away the players for reaching. Not sure how you can do it fire, but you can easily melt the ice with heatcontrol and then bail out of it before you get slammed (same for water). For chi, well, you are f*#ked up.

IceEyes

Verified Member
Trapping is waterbending, you aren't actually punching. It is more like slamming/slapping. You can pretty much say all the elements, are deadly in different ways. Again, you are not literally punching.

I can agree on that it is a mixture of both.
And again, water isn't deadly in slapping/punching/slamming someone to death near ranged. Water is deadly for its diversity, going from defense to offense.
I hope pk will somewhen create a usefull defense offense move. Cause that is a waterbender technique but forsure not trapping someone and then slap one to death.

Tenket

Verified Member
It still is defense...
Anyways, I do not like suffocate either. But to perform suffocate seems harder to me, and you have to be rather uncareful to be suffocated...
Its not hard to trap someone in ice (as a waterbender myself, i think i should know quiet well). And you're reply with how it dranes the water is very fantasyfull (i am not saying it's not logical, just not.. Idk how to say it lel)
*quite
*drains

Thats 2 strikes buddy

Tenket

Verified Member
Heat control, phasechange, airshield or just breaking out of the ice, all ways to avoid it. Back on task, this is about octopusform, not torrent.
Now, octopusform can be stretched by ice, or slice through it (changing water pressure) or just melting the ice. There are many 'cheap' things in ATLA and TLOK. Katara could've easily killed anyone, hell, she could just leave them for hypothermia. You forget the avatar team didn't kill people to show an example, not because it was cheap. There ISNT any form of bending that's cheap in Tlok or tla. If an earthbender wanted to trap you with earthgloves then plunge you into lava a referee isn't going to come over and give him a penalty.
Get. Over. It.

Just because you don't like the way someone bends doesn't mean it needs to be removed. Logic, reasoning, and use of it.
Btw, Katara trapped people many times. Hama invented bloodbending, which can literally break every bone in your body. Every element can be cheap.
This exactly. There are balancing issues with mods like this but removing something because you suck too much to beat it doesnt fly on boards like this.

Likewise when fighting earthbenders underground, you are dead if you can't escape or kill the earthbender within a few seconds. Collapse is a bitch.

Airbenders on mountains. You will never catch them, and you best be fast on the draw when they flick you off the mountain with firejet and surge shield respectively if you had the poor judgement to choose lesser elements (bring it).

Firebenders have a natural advantage in the nether because of all the netherrack they can light on fire. And the same advantage in forests. They can burn it down and then switch to heat control.

Waterbenders in any decent water source. You are doomed. You understand a few situations I bet as a half rate water bender.

I'm sure people will think of more. But there are heaps of different situations where ceirtain benders will have the advantage. All part of the strategy

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
This exactly. There are balancing issues with mods like this but removing something because you suck too much to beat it doesnt fly on boards like this.

Likewise when fighting earthbenders underground, you are dead if you can't escape or kill the earthbender within a few seconds. Collapse is a bitch.

Airbenders on mountains. You will never catch them, and you best be fast on the draw when they flick you off the mountain with fireget and surge shield respectively if you had the poor judgement to choose lesser elements (bring it).

Firebenders have a natural advantage in the nether because of all the netherrack they can light on fire. And the same advantage in forests. They can burn it down and then switch to heat control.

Waterbenders in any decent water source. You are doomed. You understand a few situations I bet as a half rate water bender.

I'm sure people will think of more. But there are heaps of different situations where ceirtain benders will have the advantage. All part of the strategy
firejet*

HydroMan

Verified Member
I'd like to see you write in my language...
Off-Topic I notice something when I wanted to find out from what region you are. The Results was I fond out that we have something in common (kinda).

(I was lazy to upload this in imgur to get the full size picture shown here, so pls forgive me.
Nvm, I found a way to enlarge it)

fdgfdgf.png

Chickendiamonds

Verified Member
Octopusform is seen as all offence and no defense, well those people don't see it's defense

First off, octopus form is both defense and offence
Offence:simply just b/c its a very strong skill

Defense:not only close range combat is not a problem now but this skill can reflect earthshard, possibly fireblast and many more things, you could always use surge for all of this but octopus form can attack while happening and its all ways around

So i think u can see that its both

IceEyes

Verified Member
Off-Topic I notice something when I wanted to find out from what region you are. The Results was I fond out that we have something in common (kinda).

(I was lazy to upload this in imgur to get the full size picture shown here, so pls forgive me.
Nvm, I found a way to enlarge it)

You are from the sister tribe :D!

IceEyes

Verified Member
Octopusform is seen as all offence and no defense, well those people don't see it's defense

First off, octopus form is both defense and offence
Offence:simply just b/c its a very strong skill

Defense:not only close range combat is not a problem now but this skill can reflect earthshard, possibly fireblast and many more things, you could always use surge for all of this but octopus form can attack while happening and its all ways around

So i think u can see that its both
So you mean its more offense or defense?

promancer

Verified Member
And again, water isn't deadly in slapping/punching/slamming someone to death near ranged. Water is deadly for its diversity, going from defense to offense.
I hope pk will somewhen create a usefull defense offense move. Cause that is a waterbender technique but forsure not trapping someone and then slap one to death.
First off, no where in the forums nor in the series nor did the devs announce that water should always be far ranged. Octopusform isnt just "slapping" someone to death. Apparently you've never tried to carry a bag/pool full of water, because thats wat octopusform is, and its tips are condensed with waterpressure. Water can cut through solid bolders. What is and isnt useful is your opinion. They trapped many tons of times in tla or tlok. Its called strategy.

promancer

Verified Member
Btw fire charging was set to looking into.

Status
Not open for further replies.