• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Not April 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Elements: All
I have seen on some or more specifically, A mini game server, where in that a system similar to bending's had when you have your slot on a move it showed how much of a cooldown the move had. How I think this could work out? Simply have a system saying in segments, how much of a cooldown you have left.
For example, here is my rough draft of it.
Green: Ready, you can use this move now.
Yellow: Not ready, but will be in able 5 to 7 seconds.
Red: Takes more then 10 seconds for the cooldown to have stopped.
These colors will effect the color of the text of the move, just maybe? Or maybe just add a period to the end of it that is effected?

owlcool

Verified Member
Got looking into the day I posted it...
And again, this is a rough draft. It would make sense if a bender was able to tell if they were almost able to use a certain large kick/blast, from both a martial arts standpoint and a physiological standpoint.

Loony

Verified Member
I think this would be cool.
I know a lot of moves don't have that much of a cooldown but in a fast paced battle those 3-5 seconds can feel like much longer, and it would help to know when you can use your moves again.

paliate

Verified Member
How would it communicate the cooldown?
Colored wool in the slot?, Enchantment bar?, Action bar?, Subtitles?, Titles?
I'd appreciate if this was more informative.

owlcool

Verified Member
How would it communicate the cooldown?
Colored wool in the slot?, Enchantment bar?, Action bar?, Subtitles?, Titles?
I'd appreciate if this was more informative.
Those are some nice ways to add it. On the server I play on it had a bar that said what bending move you were using in the hotbar. Again, the basic idea is quite simple, this is just to have people suggest ways to make it more realistic.

paliate

Verified Member
I'd rather have it in the enchantment bar since I prefer my slots empty.
(If you dont know what i mean, The bar would fill up and when its full it'd mean the move is off cooldown, Or the other way around)

HydroMan

Verified Member
This would help you less likely by accidentally using up the ability and waiting for another cooldown. I think this would let you see it better then at looking onthe bending board ,as the slots are covering less of the screen and you can see the coloured cooldown time at the corner of your eye instead trying to look at the bending board ,read the ability name when you can get distracted by the benders attacks (you know what i mean : -p?). This would be a great thing in the core ,as you would easily pick up by the color and stuff :)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If you use the bendingboard or bendingpreview, it shows cooldowns with strikethrough. It would be cool to see the bendingboard numbers on the side change with the cooldown like the colors you said, and bendingpreview could add a | | | on each side of the ability name that changes with the cooldown, so like | EarthBlast | and that would signify that EarthBlast is on cooldown, and such. But I like the idea, my only other opinion is that isn't needed with the bendingpreview and bendingboard already out there. I think it would be better if something like this would be implemented into one of those instead of being part of the main plugin.

owlcool

Verified Member
If you use the bendingboard or bendingpreview, it shows cooldowns with strikethrough. It would be cool to see the bendingboard numbers on the side change with the cooldown like the colors you said, and bendingpreview could add a | | | on each side of the ability name that changes with the cooldown, so like | EarthBlast | and that would signify that EarthBlast is on cooldown, and such. But I like the idea, my only other opinion is that isn't needed with the bendingpreview and bendingboard already out there. I think it would be better if something like this would be implemented into one of those instead of being part of the main plugin.
That would be good for peripheral vision at least.

Sketz

Verified Member
I'd rather have it in the enchantment bar since I prefer my slots empty.
(If you dont know what i mean, The bar would fill up and when its full it'd mean the move is off cooldown, Or the other way around)
I like this Idea :L

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
What about a EnderDragon/Wither Dragon HealthBar showing the cooldown of the hovered bind?
It wouldn't work for a few reasons:
- Showing it for every ability would be a pain and might get messy
- Other bigger plugins use it for daily messages and such, so there'd be conflicts
- Until 1.9 it's unorthodox to use the bossbar for this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.