• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

New water combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Changing it so that its and addon to torrent
WaterRush

This will be an addon to torrent that is a bigger torrent stream that can be used in water or ice form to rush the opponent.

To use this look at a body of water and hold shift until it charges. It will take as long as an earth smash to charge. Then when you see smoke let go of shift and begin sprinting to charge up the move. When you sprint the 2x2 water will follow by your side. When you stop the water will follow your cursor allowing you to shield yourself and also hit a nearby player with the blast. If hit by the water while still in the benders control the move will dissipate. However if you get hit in the back the move will disengage and the water will fall to the ground and disappear. You can bring the water full circle as shown in the gif of you spin to shoot it click at your target. The water will rush at them and carry them until it dissapates. This move is not directable like normal torrent meaning once you shoot it you can't change its direction. If hit by it the move will do 1.5 hearts and carrying.

A combo that could be done is before you start sprinting click with phasechange to make it ice. The ice one is different because it will not leave the ground and is 1 block wide and 3 blocks tall. This one can be used in the same way as the water one. If you hit someone while still controlling it you will freeze and do slowness. You can click to shoot it also not directable.

Tell me what you think of the new ideas

Thanks for reading :D

Last edited:

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ok, The thing with this is. Water already has a TON of sources of attack. We don't need more damaging combos. and Im not counting jedcore. With jedcore it s even more,

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Ok, The thing with this is. Water already has a TON of sources of attack. We don't need more damaging combos. and Im not counting jedcore. With jedcore it s even more,
Watermanipulation, Torrent, IceSpike, IceBlast, WaterArms, OctopusForm, IceBullet, Bloodbending, Phasechange = 8
Fireblast, FireBurst, FireShield, WallOfFire, Blaze, Lightning, Combustion, 5xfirecombos, Heat Control - 13

Welp, we need to stop focusing on fire too as well, but strangely I don't recall seeing you complaining that fire doesn't need more. If we were to priotize which one of them doesn't need more offensive abilities, it should be firebending - it has over more attacking techniques then waterbending.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Watermanipulation, Torrent, IceSpike, IceBlast, WaterArms, OctopusForm, IceBullet, Bloodbending, Phasechange = 8
Fireblast, FireBurst, FireShield, WallOfFire, Blaze, Lightning, Combustion, 5xfirecombos, Heat Control - 13

Welp, we need to stop focusing on fire too as well, but strangely I don't recall seeing you complaining that fire doesn't need more. If we were to priotize which one of them doesn't need more offensive abilities, it should be firebending - it has over more attacking techniques then waterbending.
Thanks lol I don't understand why ppl don't think it's ok to have more moves and combos. I just think that if they did it in the show we should be able to do it in the plugin.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

That is the thing though, Fire is INTENDED to have very little defense and an INTENSE amount of offense

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I don't think this is needed- there doesn't need to be another water move that moves water offensively like torrent does.

NickC1211

Verified Member
I don't think this is needed- there doesn't need to be another water move that moves water offensively like torrent does.
First off with all do respect what do you think waterbending is if not offensively or defensively moving water. Secondly it's not like torrent because one it's bigger two it's not directable three it comes directly from the water as opposed to going around you and four it can be a shield unlike torrent

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
When you said directable, do you mean "redirectable"? Torrent actually isn't rediractable either.
"it can be a shield" Would be pretty useless tho, If watereusement became a thing (switchingf
from torrent to surge).

NickC1211

Verified Member
When
When you said directable, do you mean "redirectable"? Torrent actually isn't rediractable either.
"it can be a shield" Would be pretty useless tho, If watereusement became a thing (switchingf
from torrent to surge).
I say directable I mean when you shoot it off you can't change its direction unlike torrent. And until water reuse meant becomes an actual thing I think this could be a close second

SuperBower118

Verified Member
First off with all do respect what do you think waterbending is if not offensively or defensively moving water. Secondly it's not like torrent because one it's bigger two it's not directable three it comes directly from the water as opposed to going around you and four it can be a shield unlike torrent
Waterbending IS using water in both offensive in defensive manners, it's just not using it in the form of a stream all the time. This combo is just a larger version of torrent, which merges into my second point.

This IS like a larger torrent, and by using your logic that because it's bigger, that should be enough to argue that it's its own move, then shouldn't a charged FireBlast or AirSwipe be considered it's own move? Even if it comes directly from the source, it still doesn't stop the point that it's just a stream of water like torrent. Adding this would be like giving Firebending a combo where it could create a bigger and larger fireblast from fire blocks. And for your information, Torrent CAN be used defensively when it comes to IceSpheres.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Waterbending IS using water in both offensive in defensive manners, it's just not using it in the form of a stream all the time. This combo is just a larger version of torrent, which merges into my second point.

This IS like a larger torrent, and by using your logic that because it's bigger, that should be enough to argue that it's its own move, then shouldn't a charged FireBlast or AirSwipe be considered it's own move? Even if it comes directly from the source, it still doesn't stop the point that it's just a stream of water like torrent. Adding this would be like giving Firebending a combo where it could create a bigger and larger fireblast from fire blocks. And for your information, Torrent CAN be used defensively when it comes to IceSpheres.
Well I see your point so maybe we should add this to torrent the way charged fireblast is to fireblast. And for your information I was referring to the stream itself.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
When

I say directable I mean when you shoot it off you can't change its direction unlike torrent. And until water reuse meant becomes an actual thing I think this could be a close second
Unless water reusement is worked on and finished first.. obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.