• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New plant bending ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
i do have to rant about this. if ur in a forest getting attacked and no lake around healing water wont save you, you cant depend on it ur screwed thats why im saying rejuvenation is crucial . their isnt a lake around 100% of the time. i know the pain of being chased in a forest it freaking sucks without a lake
If you're in the forest, why not attack from all directions using the plants? Use your environment to your advantage

Ming_Hua

Verified Member
my point but use plant moves and thats where rejuvenation comes in, you gotta give me some breathing room man i mean if u were a solid waterbender you would understand, how much a pain it is when not using water as ur source

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
my point but use plant moves and thats where rejuvenation comes in, you gotta give me some breathing room man i mean if u were a solid waterbender you would understand, how much a pain it is when not using water as ur source
Adapt :p

Ming_Hua

Verified Member
again give things a chance don't just beat it to the ground if its not 100% perfection. these moves are simple maybe to simple but thats fine let them have their chance in a server.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm giving it a chance, I just see the chance being very small. Two don't have a practical use (that I can see) and one is a copy from Pokémon. None are canon, and i think that there would be a better chance to advance the subelement if the first moves were canon. That's my viewpoint on it.

SilverDan

I'm giving it a chance, I just see the chance being very small. Two don't have a practical use (that I can see) and one is a copy from Pokémon. None are canon, and i think that there would be a better chance to advance the subelement if the first moves were canon. That's my viewpoint on it.
Wbu having a move like that guy from the swamp!? Like the swamp monster? Wouldn't that be epic?

Gahshunk

Verified Member
It's hard to say a healing ability is crucial when literally only waterbending has them. Other benders don't need them. My main problem with Rejuvenation is that, in the series, water had direct contact to it's healer because it was used as a catalyst to regenerate, the idea being taken from reiki practices and the idea that all life consumes water. Using a plant to heal yourself feels very off in this sense since it can quickly regenerate itself with waterbending, but then we'd get into the debate of plant and animal cells. Mostly swamp-style bending was very rigid and stale compared to the northern and southern styles and in general very offense. Your cacoon idea feels like it could go somewhere, in my opinion, but it's hard to say. Mostly, I see a fairly pointless barrier or a plant version of octopusform. Razor leaf, with a name tweak, would be fairly acceptable in my opinion. Believe it or not, it's canon.

Also noteworthy, most of these ideas aren't "new". They have been suggested on here at one time or another.

Hero

Verified Member
The idea of these moves have been put out onto the forums already, which means this is unoriginal.
Leaf Shard (changed name due to copiers)

...Really fly lol.
Your moves are diferent. The only one thats the same is Razor Left/Left Shard

Status
Not open for further replies.