• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

New Lightning - Firebending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
The idea that I am suggesting is the more accurate verison of lightning in LoK. The one we have is an "outdated" version from ATLA where the firebender barely keeps it for few seconds. In LoK, there are firebenders who keep it lasting for quite awhile. What's the move? This.

When a firebender goes to lightning, they have the opinion to either left click to shoot a weak lightning blast. If they want a stronger version, they can hold shift until the little lightning particle is done circling them and then left click (while holding shift) to release a more powerful and bigger version of lightning. Or in this second idea, (if it's possible) the firebender can rapidly left click to maintain the weak ver.

When both of these are active, the firebender can aim it while it's active. They can make a circle or make an arc.
The catch is they can't maintain it for too long or they will take damage.

Why would they take damage?!
Because in the final battle with Kuriva, Mako used lightning on something (Not spoiling). When he finally stopped, he suffered burns on his arm. The AvatarWiki even states that they cannot keep lightning forever becauses it's taxing on their chi reserves and they can suffer physical damage.

I thought it would be neat having the new version of lightning that the avatar producers gave us in LoK​

Sorin

Verified Member
I actually really like this idea, it isn't op, but is a re-work that lightning has been needing for a while honestly.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Repeative request, but I like it. This will prompt firebenders to use their lightning a bit more often than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.