• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New Earthbending/Sandbending Ability: Dust Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

IStackerI

Now, It's been a while since earthbending got a new ability added. A few days ago I had an idea for a new move called "Dust Cloud". How will this new move work? This ability will send a shockwave of sand and or particles the blocks you are using. The particles of this ability will be the particles of you breaking a block. For example you will shift and hold, you release shift and a shockwave of the breaking blocks particles will shoot out in every direction. Anybody but the user will be affected with blindness for a few seconds.
  • Damage: None
  • Particles: Block breaking particles
  • Height: 2 blocks high.
  • cooldown: 6600
  • Blindness Effect: 1
  • Blindness time: 6 seconds
Now, This ability was in the show. It was first shown when Toph was fightning earthbenders to save Aang in the second season. While Toph was fighting she create a giant Dust cloud blinding enemies so they can't see. Leaving them open for attack. That is what this move is all about. It is a utility ability for arenas and mini games. How will this move work? It's simple the user will hold shift till they see the normal smoke particles in bending and release.

My changes to your idea:
  1. I prefer if this wasn't an a sand ability, but a rather time consuming combo.
  2. Should cover an chunk area (16x16) where the user is standing on.
  3. The Particles will match the corresponding block it covers in the dust cloud.

IStackerI

My changes to your idea:
  1. I prefer if this wasn't an a sand ability, but a rather time consuming combo.
  2. Should cover an chunk area (16x16) where the user is standing on.
  3. The Particles will match the corresponding block it covers in the dust cloud.
The third comment I was going to add, but forgot thanks for reminding me. The chuck idea is good too, but the first comment isn't. This ability is actually an Earth and Sand bending ability.

Hero

I actually like this. It would be nice to have more moves for sandbending that isn't just a copycat move. This is awesome and unique.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I actually like this. It would be nice to have more moves for sandbending that isn't just a copycat move. This is awesome and unique.
"Not a copycat move"
This is basically the same as air/fireburst, and he used the term shockwave multiple times. If that doesn't signify a copycat ability, idk what does.

Hero

"Not a copycat move"
This is basically the same as air/fireburst, and he used the term shockwave multiple times. If that doesn't signify a copycat ability, idk what does.
Maybe you didn't actually look into what it's trying to say. He's suggesting we use shockwave on sand, sand dust will appear and blind you. While I am not for making a completely separate move, it would be much better if it was an adding to an already existing move.

Also, FireJet, JetBlast and JetBlaze are the exact move with different properties. PK said they wouldn't do that (My diversity rant) because it would be OP and redundant. Look what we have now. EarthBlast and EarthSmash is quite literally a bigger/smaller version of the same thing. In case you haven't noticed, there's already copycat moves that are completely unnecessary existing.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Maybe you didn't actually look into what it's trying to say. He's suggesting we use shockwave on sand, sand dust will appear and blind you. While I am not for making a completely separate move, it would be much better if it was an adding to an already existing move.

Also, FireJet, JetBlast and JetBlaze are the exact move with different properties. PK said they wouldn't do that (My diversity rant) because it would be OP and redundant. Look what we have now. EarthBlast and EarthSmash is quite literally a bigger/smaller version of the same thing. In case you haven't noticed, there's already copycat moves that are completely unnecessary existing.
I wouldn't label the moves you listed as copycat abilities or as unnecessary. And I did look into what he was saying. He wants an ability that would be like air/fireburst with different properties. You said that it wasn't a copycat ability, and I was merely proving why you're wrong.

Hero

I wouldn't label the moves you listed as copycat abilities or as unnecessary. And I did look into what he was saying. He wants an ability that would be like air/fireburst with different properties. You said that it wasn't a copycat ability, and I was merely proving why you're wrong.
FireJet and the other 3 are almost the same thing. They are copycats. They are only not unnecessary because people just use all 3 of them when ones on a cooldown...

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
FireJet and the other 3 are almost the same thing. They are copycats. They are only not unnecessary because people just use all 3 of them when ones on a cooldown...
They can't be copycat abilities if the two "copies" are just combos that extend onto what FireJet already does.

Hero

They can't be copycat abilities if the two "copies" are just combos that extend onto what FireJet already does.
The point is we shouldnt have 3 different versions of the same thing. If you want a burning firejet, just add it to the existing on. The only combo that should exist for it is the JetBlast.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
The point is we shouldnt have 3 different versions of the same thing. If you want a burning firejet, just add it to the existing on. The only combo that should exist for it is the JetBlast.
Well see that's off the topic of the thread. You're moving away from the main idea, please come back to earth.

Loony

Hi Hydro,
Firstly, he didn't say that if you use shockwave on sand these effects would happen. He's suggesting a whole new move altogether. While I agree with we seriously need to change up our abilities to make them more diverse and stop them from being copycat abilities (like the burst moves and FireJet combo's) your points about EarthBlast and EarthSmash aren't reasonable. They aren't bigger and smaller versions of each other as they have different uses and mechanics. They're both viable to have and they are not copycat abilities. Also, although the FireJet combo's are copycat and need to be merged, having a combo that increases the FireJet speed and length is viable and it doesn't make it a copy of FireJet because it's a combo to do with FireJet to make it stronger.

This ability, although it's a good idea I don't believe it's needed in the core plugin. It seems like a basic situational move that would be limited and rarely used. It would be interesting as an addon, but for the main plugin I'm going to deny the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.